First day riding on 1 leg

• 11 months later...

Good inspiration!  I'll try working on it.  I still suck at one leg and backward, need to get back to doing drills and not just putting in 'Highway miles' on the commute.
Also very useful comment about visualizing, that sounds smart.

• 6 months later...

One leg riding was really useful when I broke a pedal and had to drive home on one leg. Resting it against the shell works well and is a fun variation. Still working on resting both feet on top of the shell... 😁

• Like 1

GOod stuff! Am I the only one who finds that riding one leg puts a tad too much pressure on the old knees? I've also had issue from time to time with my foot wanting to slip off the pedal when locked in. I'll have to keep trying, I find it hard to believe (but possible) that I have the worst knees of the bunch here... Thanks for the vid!

Edited by ShanesPlanet

Too many wheels have off centred motors (like they eyeball the axis rather than using a template),
I have that on my Sherman and that rubbing have been reported on every possible model, I havent read about any solution sadly.

Another great thing with hollow bore motors: we might be rid of that issue.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 5:15 PM, Dreygun said:

I tried with my 16x and there's a brushing sound like something rubs when leaning that much to one side. Is that normal for this wheel or is something loose, keeping it not centered?

You can use motorcycle weight like me to ballance rim and reseat tire. Often help.

PSI can make this beter ot worse experiment wit this.

Tire rubbing on eleg is offten phenomen not big drama. 

Oneleg you push agains case/body to one side and deformate/push shell/case against tire. Is both sided coin. 

Oneleg turning deformate tire some way this pudh agains case too.

Simpy say is 3 forces what want make you tire rubing.

1 hour ago, DjPanJan said:

You can use motorcycle weight like me to ballance rim and reseat tire. Often help.

PSI can make this beter ot worse experiment wit this.

Tire rubbing on eleg is offten phenomen not big drama. 

Oneleg you push agains case/body to one side and deformate/push shell/case against tire. Is both sided coin. 

Oneleg turning deformate tire some way this pudh agains case too.

Simpy say is 3 forces what want make you tire rubing.

Doesn't sound like the tire, but maybe the hub rim inside

3 hours ago, Crooznfbroozn said:

I got the same on my 16x, it's unfortunate. The wheel is too close to the inner shell. My V5F doesn't have that issue at all.

Kind of a relief hearing this, knowing there isn't anything wrong with my wheel.

7 minutes ago, Dreygun said:

Kind of a relief hearing this, knowing the same thing is wrong with my wheel as nearly ALL the others.

....fixed that for ya :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 8:15 AM, Dreygun said:

I tried with my 16x and there's a brushing sound like something rubs when leaning that much to one side. Is that normal for this wheel or is something loose, keeping it not centered?

Omg, this happens to me too on mine -- good to know something's not wrong (or maybe it's unique to the 16x), as my wheel's taken some good falls while I was learning how to ride.

Have you been able to ride one footed up to now yet on the 16x?

The brushing issue has me wondering how crucial that is to riding one-footed, the pressure from that leg / calf against the shell; or if that's not even needed once you become more skilled at it?

Edited by mploy1515
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mploy1515 said:

Omg, this happens to me too on mine -- good to know something's not wrong (or maybe it's unique to the 16x), as my wheel's taken some good falls while I was learning how to ride.

The brushing issue has me wondering how crucial that is to riding one-footed, the pressure from that leg / calf against the shell; or if that's not even needed once you become more skilled at it?

If I'm not mistaken I've seen people balance the wheel away from their leg rather than lean into it. Just not sure how feasible that is on a heavy wheel and a wide tire 🤔

4 hours ago, mploy1515 said:

First wheel and only had for a few weeks now so everything is a first. I just won't bother 1 legging it. Everything else has been perfect

On 10/12/2020 at 5:15 PM, Dreygun said:

To me it happens only with the right foot up, with the other I have no issue apparently... :wacko:

• 1 year later...

Doing Yoga balance techniques helps train your balance and stamina for one legged riding. I learned to ride with one leg easily because I was already attuned to one legged poses in my yoga practice!

I also get rubbing noises sometimes while riding the Sherman Max on one leg, not so much on the Nikola AR tho!

Practice riding on one leg anytime you got downtime or slow riding during a group ride! :) Good luck!

• 1 month later...

But what is the correct technique?

I have KS-18XL and it feels very heavy to do as you need to counterbalance the whole wheel on the side of ankle. Probably I'm doing something wrong. I mean I have strong legs but still it is very tedious..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2022 at 3:37 PM, plentora said:

But what is the correct technique?

I have KS-18XL and it feels very heavy to do as you need to counterbalance the whole wheel on the side of ankle. Probably I'm doing something wrong. I mean I have strong legs but still it is very tedious..

I have a rs19 highspeed and it’s very hard to ride with one leg.today for the first time I met a rider with a ks-18xl so we swapped wheels cuz he wanted to try out my wheel and I could easily ride on one leg on the 18xl I love how narrow the wheel is and how it feels carving on that smaller width tire ..Even tho the 18xl is only 7 pounds lighter than the rs it felt a lot lighter …it’s a very nice wheel 🤘

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2022 at 5:51 PM, Dosingpsychedelics said:

I have a rs19 highspeed and it’s very hard to ride with one leg.today for the first time I met a rider with a ks-18xl so we swapped wheels cuz he wanted to try out my wheel and I could easily ride on one leg on the 18xl I love how narrow the wheel is and how it feels carving on that smaller width tire ..Even tho the 18xl is only 7 pounds lighter than the rs it felt a lot lighter …it’s a very nice wheel 🤘

I think it has to do with how tall the wheel is/the highest part where you leg touches the wheel. On my RS19 High Torque without the seat it's really difficult for me to ride one legged unless I move my leg in very close to the shell. However if I put the seat on (it's a Gotway seat with a KS 16x seat glued on top) it's much easier riding one legged because the seat hits my leg 8-12 inches higher than without the seat. I've never ridden an 18XL but I think it's taller than the RS19 and so hits the leg higher.

1 hour ago, sffish said:

I think it has to do with how tall the wheel is/the highest part where you leg touches the wheel. On my RS19 High Torque without the seat it's really difficult for me to ride one legged unless I move my leg in very close to the shell. However if I put the seat on (it's a Gotway seat with a KS 16x seat glued on top) it's much easier riding one legged because the seat hits my leg 8-12 inches higher than without the seat. I've never ridden an 18XL but I think it's taller than the RS19 and so hits the leg higher.

My wheel is taller now I picked up the jbl xtreme 3 speaker today they have it 150$ off for the next week or so .it makes a perfect seat and it thumps 🤘🤣🤘

0345ED62-4A4A-46C9-B78E-B7B3F884E0F7.jpeg

• Haha 1