Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app

RoadRunner

35 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Well mine is not downloading :crying:

Maybe my phone is to old, S4 mini, or i am to stupid and old. :blink1:

:roflmao:

Try downloading it with your iPhone and then sending it to the S4 mini via bluetooth wifi ;)

Edited by travsformation

7 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Via bluetooth from an IPhone, since when can you do that. :laughbounce2:

Oops, I meant Wi-Fi. There are several different apps to do so, but it's probably easier to keep trying to make sure your S4 mini is connected to a decent wifi and download via TFU's link

3 hours ago, RoadRunner said:

Well mine is not downloading :crying:

Maybe my phone is to old, S4 mini, or i am to stupid and old. :blink1:

:laughbounce2:

• Like 1

Since this week-end, the situation worsened for me :

* Samsung S7, system update : the application crashes immediatey at startup (cleared cache, data & reinstall - all the same)

* Samung S : the application crashes immediately upon start.

Ug. I wish there was a way to disable auto-update for specific apps. Looks like every day I'll have to uninstalled the auto-installed 3.1.9 update and manually install 3.1.8.  What a pain in the butt :furious:

25 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Ug. I wish there was a way to disable auto-update for specific apps. Looks like every day I'll have to uninstalled the auto-installed 3.1.9 update and manually install 3.1.8.  What a pain in the butt :furious:

I have auto update turned off for all my apps. Google Play -> settings -> auto update disable

25 minutes ago, tessa25 said:

I have auto update turned off for all my apps. Google Play -> settings -> auto update disable

Yeah, but I don't want auto-update turned off on all of my apps, just the crappy KingSong one :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vdhaeyere said:

Since this week-end, the situation worsened for me :

* Samsung S7, system update : the application crashes immediatey at startup (cleared cache, data & reinstall - all the same)

* Samung S : the application crashes immediately upon start.

Some more updates :

* Samsung S7 : uninstall app downloaded from Google Play Store, installed application from .APK downloaded from Kingsong website. The application launches, I was able to perform the firmware upgrade to 1.0.7 and play with the application without crash...

Time for Kingsong to investigate & solve why this discrepancy between their own distribution of their app & the Google Play Store distribution.

• Like 1

eWheels emailed 3.1.4 [Android] to me today, though 3.1.9 from KS website worked (whereas 3.1.9 from Google Play crashes)

Edited by xorbe
clarification

16 hours ago, Mimolette said:

The version numbers are different between operating systems , just to add some chaos, 1.3 is iOS AFAIK.

😐 okay, soooo how can I tell if I have the right version? It would be nice to have an app, ANY app to use for my rides.

i have an iPhone XS Max And the latest iOS FYI 

3 hours ago, General Principle said:

😐 okay, soooo how can I tell if I have the right version? It would be nice to have an app, ANY app to use for my rides.

i have an iPhone XS Max And the latest iOS FYI 

For iOS, if the Kingsong app from the app store doesn't work for you, Darkness Bot (also found in the app store) is probably your best bet (unless someone has an older version of the KS app they can give you a download link to) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vida Wang said:

To upgrade the firmware, an iOS device will be better than an Android phone.

ATM iOS version (1.3 is latest) won’t update the 18XL at all, so at least on Android you might find some version that works..

I went from the 3.1.9 to the 3.1.4. That Jason from ewheels and KS site now sends.

Both keep crashing... I like the 3.1.9 for Batt and stuff... 🤷‍♂️

Still trying to figure out the wheellog and the euc.world site... I can't seem to get it to work right either for the 16x

22 minutes ago, Okiiashi said:

I went from the 3.1.9 to the 3.1.4. That Jason from ewheels and KS site now sends.

Both keep crashing... I like the 3.1.9 for Batt and stuff... 🤷‍♂️

Still trying to figure out the wheellog and the euc.world site... I can't seem to get it to work right either for the 16x

Make sure you have the latest version (2.0.34 > https://euc.world/getwheellog). Other users have reported issues with the 16X, that have been solved in the most recent build

On 10/15/2019 at 6:32 PM, travsformation said:

For iOS, if the Kingsong app from the app store doesn't work for you, Darkness Bot (also found in the app store) is probably your best bet (unless someone has an older version of the KS app they can give you a download link to) 

Unfortunately Darknessbot has been wildly inconsistent as well....despite having the paid version as well...smh

11 hours ago, travsformation said:

Make sure you have the latest version (2.0.34 > https://euc.world/getwheellog). Other users have reported issues with the 16X, that have been solved in the most recent build

Yes this is the version I'm using. it works with the 16X.  I'm just trying to figure out how to record my ride on that app.  I'm gonna go on thread for that app.