Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app

RoadRunner

47 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

one on 1.07, one on 1.08 and new one on 1.09.. never an issue.. i have no idea why yours would do that.. perhaps try enabling then disabling again, or enabling then disabling from another app and see if that works?

Ah, that makes sense. 1.11 is what I’m on, so you likely wouldn’t have this issue. Thanks for the suggestion, but enabling/disabling voice prompts in both the green and blue apps doesn’t get rid of it. I don’t know of a third party app that can control voice prompts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Ah, that makes sense. 1.11 is what I’m on, so you likely wouldn’t have this issue. Thanks for the suggestion, but enabling/disabling voice prompts in both the green and blue apps doesn’t get rid of it. I don’t know of a third party app that can control voice prompts.

ohhhh i didnt notice you said KS14... i was thinking the KS16 lol

On 4/12/2019 at 12:44 AM, Roadrunner said:

Hello everyone 

I was just reading a report from @RoberAce on Facebook that his wheel is completely dead after upgrading the new firmware.

He writes that the firmware upgrade was stuck and then he couldn’t turn off his wheel at all and the sidelights where shining in brigt white.

He then disconnected the batteries, reconnected them but the wheel stays dead.

I just want to know if anybody has similar problems and what to do or not do, so me or others dont get in the same situation.

this was what happened

When I upgraded the first time, I turned on the wheel as usual, pressing the power button just for a second, it turned on as always, connect the bluetooth and update, the update started and the lights went completely white as always when the firmware is updated, then the progress bar progressed up to 100% but the wheel never rebooted, it was stayed on with the white lights, I tryed to go back to the installation with the app but it stayed trying to infinity without ever updating, trying it many times and the wheel was still lit with white lights, try to turn it off with the ignition button but it could not be turned off, I had no choice but to disconnect the batteries, reconnected them but the wheel was not turn on power anymore, from that moment the wheel was left unused, from that moment the only way to connect it by bluetooth is by pressing the power button without releasing it.

I have updated this KS16S 5 times at least, from 1.02 to 1.04, 1.05, 1.07 and 1.08 and I never had problems, of course always updating with the old version of Kingsong app, with this new version of app was the first time I updated, trying to update from 1.08 to 1.09
when I tried upgrade first time charger was not connected, but the wheel had full battery charge
from now on, even if the charger is connected or not, the behavior is the same, it does not turn on and to connect the bluetooth, you have to the pressed power or auxiliary button without releasing
but even if you connect the bluetooth it does not let you install any firmware, neither with the Kingsong App nor with Debug App. Now my wheel is a pretty unseful brick

• Like 1

I just got a brand new ks18xl on friday..  failed update..  never locks onto the bluetooth for communication..   sucks cause I dont' know how fast i'm going..   I was able to go 25 mph out of the box without any warnings:))))   ah o..  dumbded it down to 21 mph until i'm ready..

the audio bluetooth stream works/pairs automatically..   the regular app or darkness app/wheel log however only last 30 seconds.. then have to reset the wheel.. then another 30 seconds.   so annoying..   Would be nice to know how fast i'mgoing and battery without pulling over all the time..

On 4/16/2019 at 4:03 PM, RoberAce said:

this was what happened

When I upgraded the first time, I turned on the wheel as usual, pressing the power button just for a second, it turned on as always, connect the bluetooth and update, the update started and the lights went completely white as always when the firmware is updated, then the progress bar progressed up to 100% but the wheel never rebooted, it was stayed on with the white lights, I tryed to go back to the installation with the app but it stayed trying to infinity without ever updating, trying it many times and the wheel was still lit with white lights, try to turn it off with the ignition button but it could not be turned off, I had no choice but to disconnect the batteries, reconnected them but the wheel was not turn on power anymore, from that moment the wheel was left unused, from that moment the only way to connect it by bluetooth is by pressing the power button without releasing it.

It just happened to me, on my brand new ks18L received today :/
Any news on this ? (I didn't disconnect the battery, the lights still shine  white and the wheel is stuck, can't do anything)

I keep getting a pop up on my phone that the "Kingsong has stopped, do i want to close app or send feedback?"  The app is not open in the first place. I have an S7 android phone.

Edited by fryman
word

25 minutes ago, fryman said:

I keep getting a pop up on my phone that the "Kingsong has stopped, do i want to close app or send feedback?"  The app is not open in the first place. I have an S7 android phone.

I'm having the same problem now too. The colored led lights on my 18XL also stopped working. The led lights used to turn on automatically when my Kingsong booted up but now they don't. Even when I try to turn it back on manually from the app, the lights just turn back off within a few seconds.

• Like 1

So I'm getting my first KS EUC this week, the KS18XL. With the reports of the apps, I'm completely confused. Coming from a Ninebot S1, I rarely use the app, just to check the battery status occasionally. Is it worth even connecting the app if it risks bricking the wheel? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NylahTay said:

So I'm getting my first KS EUC this week, the KS18XL. With the reports of the apps, I'm completely confused. Coming from a Ninebot S1, I rarely use the app, just to check the battery status occasionally. Is it worth even connecting the app if it risks bricking the wheel? 

Just use the old app, that should be fine, use it to unlock your wheel, calibrate the wheel. You might need it also to unlock the speed limit after a while, once that's done then you can use WheelLog (Android) or Darknessbot (ios). 

Hope that helps!!!!:thumbup:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KAY GEE said:

Just use the old app, that should be fine, use it to unlock your wheel, calibrate the wheel. You might need it also to unlock the speed limit after a while, once that's done then you can use WheelLog (Android) or Darknessbot (ios). 

Hope that helps!!!!:thumbup:

Where do you download the old app? I have android and can't find the old version to download.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NylahTay said:

@Jonesq I was about to ask the same question. Thanks for posting the information. 

FYI make sure you download version 1.7. That's the version that fixed everything for me. Version 5.0 does not work. No idea about any of the versions between 1.7 and 5.0.

• Like 2

Thanks! I'm so glad I've been watching the forums these past few weeks before getting the XL. Between the threads about the different apps causing issues, and the trolly issue on random XLs, there's been a lot of important, need to know, information. 

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

There's been some back-and-forth about the issues raised here & elsewhere on the forum for the App. The good news is that there's a new dedicated support contact at King Song who has kindly offered to take on App related problems, Michael can be reached at support@szkingsong.com 

If you are one of those who prefers the traditional beeping/tones, instead of the 'please decelerate' & 'bluetooth is connected', please don't hesitate to provide this feedback to King Song, as this message doesn't seem to be getting across. 

With regards to losing LED function, the problem is not as simple as activating spectrum. Activating spectrum does temporarily reactivate the lights, but the lights will deactivate after about 30 seconds. I was not able to keep the LED lights on when I experienced that bug.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

My problem is that I can’t change the speed settings on the new app.

i have a KS16C on iOS.

on the old white app it works.

Eyy! My people! I can't change my speed settings either. Actually I CAN technically. But once i do, i cant change them back again since they'll be locked at 20, when my wheels unlocked. Because i cant bind, yay.

20 minutes ago, seage said:

Eyy! My people! I can't change my speed settings either. Actually I CAN technically. But once i do, i cant change them back again since they'll be locked at 20, when my wheels unlocked. Because i cant bind, yay.

3 minutes ago, Chriull said:

aye, i read that first (as you linked me directly to it). Ive already messaged him in the app. But of course, time differences. Waiting for a response later when hes awake.

@RoberAce

I have the same problem as you mate.

I tried to update the firmware on my Ks14D with the new app (version 3.0.9). The update couldn't complete (90% battery and everything was ok with my phone GPS, bluetooh, last app...) 

The wheel was stuck with all the leds in white and I had the unplug the batteries because I couldnt turn it off the with the power button.

After I pluugged the battery back, I could connect via bluetooth if I pushed the button but the firmware version was 0.0.0 and the update process didn't progress... 

I gave back the wheel to the shop where it was bought in the the first place... (warranty is finished since once month) but they didn't succeed to reboot the wheel with the constructor application... They have sent a message to kingsong but I have no news since more than one week now...

Did you try to send a message to Michael at support@ szkingsong.com like Jason suggest?

If you had any help, keep me informed...   

6 hours ago, Sharky said:

Did you try to send a message to Michael at support@ szkingsong.com like Jason suggest?

If you had any help, keep me informed...   

I emailed Michael for a different reason a few days ago, but I haven’t heard anything back yet. He’s probably got a lot of emails to sort through. 

On 4/24/2019 at 1:58 PM, Jason McNeil said:
  • Binding problems 
About binding problems, this is cause by new functions and some users are not familiar with binding and unbinding functions. And as i told you last week that we would add pop-up information once the wheel is connected with other's account. And the user can directly send the request to me by Kingsong APP.
In many cities, the rules is limiting the speed of EUC at 20km/h, and in the binding agreement, user must agree to follow and obey the local rules about max speed.

So, what does it mean exactly? If the 20 km/h rule is approved in my city tomorrow and without prejudice to my obligation to respect it, can Kingsong limit the maximum speed remotely by detecting my position? I hope I misunderstood because of my fairly basic English ...

On 4/26/2019 at 4:55 PM, MaxMi said:

So, what does it mean exactly? If the 20 km/h rule is approved in my city tomorrow and without prejudice to my obligation to respect it, can Kingsong limit the maximum speed remotely by detecting my position? I hope I misunderstood because of my fairly basic English ...

Binding is just a private properties, and the owner can set the Pedal Tilt-back speed. And Kingsong can't detect your position, u can close 3G/4G/5G and WIFI, APP still can connect with the wheel, even fly mode.

On 4/16/2019 at 8:20 AM, Nick McCutcheon said:

Are you on the latest firmware? I don’t know what my issue could be, because I had my prompts off as well. It’s only after the update that the please decelerate became enabled/permanent. 

Hi, I am Micheal, and please email me support@szkingsong.com.

• Like 1