Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app

RoadRunner

On 08/03/2020 at 13:32, travsformation said:

Je ne sais pas quelle est la dernière version FW du 14D, mais essayez EUC World , c'est sur le Play Store:)

Euc World indicates to me that the version is up to date while I am in 1.09 .. same problem.

No one is having this problem?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. Latest firmware info says version 2.0, but the apps all say 1.09 is the latest.

Plez release version 2.0 for the 14SMD soon, and don't forget to remove all speed restrictions so I can travel at light speed 👌

Thanks KingSong 

• 3 weeks later...

Just installed the most recent KS app (for Android) available on the Play Store, and much to my surprise, it didn't ask me to log in to be able to change speed adjustments. That's a first.

It still asks for all the usual permissions though... 

I noticed a couple new option too: adjusting pedal tilt, and choosing wheel poweroff timeout. Still, I don't plan on using the app, I'll take EUC World over any OEM any day of the week :)

• Like 2

I noticed a couple new option too: adjusting pedal tilt, and choosing wheel poweroff timeout

those additional settings do not work. Yes, but if I have to change the speed settings does EUC WORLD work? I must always use the original app the stable one is 3.1.4. But now I'm trying the latest one on android 3.3.6 it seems to work. I speak for my KS 16X

17 minutes ago, alex5454 said:

those additional settings do not work. Yes, but if I have to change the speed settings does EUC WORLD work? I must always use the original app the stable one is 3.1.4. But now I'm trying the latest one on android 3.3.6 it seems to work. I speak for my KS 16X

You can change speed setting in EUC World, yes. And in the next release, you'll also be able to change pedal angle and poweroff timeout, and when @Seba implements something, it works :)

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask in the EUC World thread:

• Like 1

You can change speed setting in EUC World, yes. And in the next release, you'll also be able to change pedal angle and poweroff timeout, and when @Seba implements something, it works :)

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask in the EUC World thread:

so can I set the 2 level alarms and the tilt back? because once I had tried it but if I go back to the APP KS 16 X they have not updated as on EUC WORLD

and a curiosity I have never registered on EUC WORLD. is it useful? just to record the tracks?

Edited by alex5454

To me there is nothing until it is officially posted in Google Play apps store or same for Apple App store. 

@Jack King Song I think it is really sad that KS makes wheels that is depending on apps and how unstable these are and the number of issues people have reported. 

I really should not need to lay dormant unless you start it up as a user, so constant reports of it crashing just gives a big brother watching feeling to it. I really think you should split it inti a domestic version and an international version and host international version outside China. The Chinese government firewall is not helping on stability at all.

21 hours ago, alex5454 said:

so can I set the 2 level alarms and the tilt back? because once I had tried it but if I go back to the APP KS 16 X they have not updated as on EUC WORLD

and a curiosity I have never registered on EUC WORLD. is it useful? just to record the tracks?

You can set speed alarms, volatage-dependent speed alarms (warn you if you exceed X speed and battery is below Y %), tiltback, current & temperature alarms, etc., yes

And definitely worth registering, tour tracking is a great option to have. As well as your route, uploading photos to it, exporting it as Gpx (to view on Google Earth) or to Relive, it's also great (if you're a data freak like many of us) to get the detailed graphs with your speed, battery level, power, current, wheel temperature, etc., over time. Click on my signature :)

New official King Song apps will be available very soon! Play Store and Apple App Store.

Please discuss the new apps in the new topic linked below (or somewhere else). Please do not discuss the new apps in this old topic, or this will be very confusing for new members trying to find applicable information. This topic should only be about the old apps.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

New official King Song apps will be available very soon! Play Store and Apple App Store.

Please discuss the new apps in the new topic linked below (or somewhere else). Please do not discuss the new apps in this old topic, or this will be very confusing for new members trying to find applicable information. This topic should only be about the old apps.

And may I add, don't discuss the old apps in the new topic! ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Joining this thread now for my first post. 
My 14S was bricked while updating firmware and I got that problem where 

a) Wheel didn’t turn off

b) All white lights stayed in

c) after disconnecting batteries now it isn’t turning on (unless button is held down)

d) not registering on KS App, Darkness, SoftTuner, EUC World, or WheelLog. Have tried both iOS and Android. 

I hope to get my hands on the dev app since I didn't buy it through a dealer. Will post updates. 

Peace 

On 5/23/2020 at 11:41 PM, Vincencus said:

Joining this thread now for my first post. 
My 14S was bricked while updating firmware and I got that problem where 

a) Wheel didn’t turn off

b) All white lights stayed in

c) after disconnecting batteries now it isn’t turning on (unless button is held down)

d) not registering on KS App, Darkness, SoftTuner, EUC World, or WheelLog. Have tried both iOS and Android. 

I hope to get my hands on the dev app since I didn't buy it through a dealer. Will post updates. 

Peace 

SoftTuner is the dev app. Maybe @Seba can help you out, EUC World has the best chance of recovering it of all apps (and I'd recommend doing FW upgrades/downgrades with EUC World too, I've done at least 20 and never had any problems) 

• Like 1

Thanks all, 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:50 AM, phatmike said:

Does the wheel spin freely if you just roll it? If the wheel is off and blocked probably you have to change control board

The wheel does spin freely. KS support replied this morning to say that I needed a control board

O_o

On 5/26/2020 at 10:57 AM, travsformation said:

SoftTuner is the dev app. Maybe @Seba can help you out, EUC World has the best chance of recovering it of all apps (and I'd recommend doing FW upgrades/downgrades with EUC World too, I've done at least 20 and never had any problems) 

Thanks, I’ll check it out. Downloaded the new KS app yesterday too. Same results: 

no serial, no stats, and no ability to check and upgrade firmware. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vincencus said:

Hi, @Seba

Wondering if you had any last golden tips as I’ve pretty much lost hope for a fix. 

Is there a way to get the app to fix the firmware without having to buy another board? 
cheers 

Please send me PM with your EUC World username or email, wheel serial number and Bluetooth address. Serial number is printed on a silver sticker attached to the pedal. Bluetooth address can be determined in a following way:

1. Start EUC World application.
  2. Press power button as you would do normally to turn on your wheel.
  3. In EUC World app tap on Bluetooth icon to start device discovery.
  4. If your wheel is powered on, it should appear on a list with name starting as KS-14... or something similar. Below this name there will be Bluetooth address written in smaller font. Please write down carefully this address and send it along with your wheel serial number and your EUC World username.

If wheel is bricked by failed update, it should turn on normally, but you won't get any visible or audible cues. To turn it off, please press and hold power button for several seconds until you hear long beep. Wheel will then turn off.

Edited by Seba
  • Like 1

Cheers Seba,

I pm’d you but the dialogue says “Seba cannot receive messages.”

Info is below: 

14S serial518132. (Somehow I don’t think this is the number you’re looking for - there is a separate sticker under one of the pedals which has completely scratched away..)

EUC World username: Vincencus

BT address:  C8:FD:19:58:FF:68. I also included a screenshot from SoftTuner which has what I think is a fragment of the serial number(?) (B356722C-4A1D-9EB5-7EC8-DDB22CA822...)

Looking forward to hearing from you, and thanks again. 

v

https://ibb.co/S5HdPdg

https://ibb.co/QmDmRVr

Edited by Vincencus
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Vincencus said:

Cheers Seba,

Info is below: 

14S serial518132. (Somehow I don’t think this is the number you’re looking for - there is a separate sticker under one of the pedals which has completely scratched away..)

BT address:  C8:FD:19:58:FF:68. I also included a screenshot from SoftTuner which has what I think is a fragment of the serial number(?) (B356722C-4A1D-9EB5-7EC8-DDB22CA822...)

v

Are sure your EUC is KS-14S and not KS-14D, according to the Bluetooth name? This is important. If you're sure for 100% that your wheel is KS-14S, then there is no problem. But if your wheel is KS-14D, then I need to now if it is using older (KS-14D) or newer (unified KS-14SMD) mainboard.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vincencus said:

Cheers Seba,

Info is below: 

v

Another way to find the serial number is in the King Song app if you used that before this problem. Go to "Mine" --> "My vehicle" --> Select your wheel --> Serial number: xxxxxxx

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seba said:

Are sure your EUC is KS-14S and not KS-14D, according to the Bluetooth name? This is important. If you're sure for 100% that your wheel is KS-14S, then there is no problem. But if your wheel is KS-14D, then I need to now if it is using older (KS-14D) or newer (unified KS-14SMD) mainboard.

I wondered that myself but after looking at the batteries it seems it is a 14S. The only difference between the two is the battery, and this wheel’s battery is from the 16S. 
https://ibb.co/Z6FfkLp

Here is a shot of the board: 

41-B5-FAB1-92-AF-4-DF3-8473-66-F3-F1-CF9

The only sort of identifier I find on the top side is V1.2 and 170415

B6-EE097-D-2-E55-48-FB-85-F1-7-FED595283

5 hours ago, EldARon said:

Another way to find the serial number is in the King Song app if you used that before this problem. Go to "Mine" --> "My vehicle" --> Select your wheel --> Serial number: xxxxxxx

right, my trouble is that no stats whatsoever are being shown on any of the apps. 

Edited by Vincencus

1 hour ago, Vincencus said:

I wondered that myself but after looking at the batteries it seems it is a 14S. The only difference between the two is the battery, and this wheel’s battery is from the 16S. 
https://ibb.co/Z6FfkLp

Here is a shot of the board: 

41-B5-FAB1-92-AF-4-DF3-8473-66-F3-F1-CF9

The only sort of identifier I find on the top side is V1.2 and 170415

B6-EE097-D-2-E55-48-FB-85-F1-7-FED595283

Ok, now it's clear. I've set up a firmware recovery process for you. To give it a try, please follow instructions:

1. Ensure your mobile device is connected to the Internet and you're signed in (in EUC World app).
  2. Press power button as you would do normally to turn on your wheel.
  3. In EUC World app tap on Bluetooth icon to start device discovery.
  4. After your wheel will show up on discovered devices list, tap on it.
  5. Tap OK on password dialog.
  6. Wait for connection to be estabilished. If everything is OK, EUC World will start recovery process by downloading firmware and installing it.

Please let me know about the results. I hope this will work for you and you won't have to replace the entire board.

• Like 2