Jump to content
RoadRunner

Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app

Recommended Posts

Thank you all. I'm done with the initial setup and day 1 of riding was amazing. Now I just need to figure out how to get on without holding onto support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vasuvius said:

Thank you all. I'm done with the initial setup and day 1 of riding was amazing. Now I just need to figure out how to get on without holding onto support.

Cool, enjoy the riding!

With a bit more practice, you'll learn how to get on without using a support. I found these tips to be very helpful:
 

 

There's also A LOT of information in this thread:

 

BTW, you might need to install the KS app further down the road to unlock the wheel's max. speed. In that case, install, unlock, uninstall ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm struggling to get the Kingson app to work. It has been crashing for me since this fall. I was on Android 9.1 and now I'm on Android 10. I have tried it with another phone with Android 8.x The same result there. 

Looks like the app is gone from Google play. Maybe that's because of Android version. Tried the version from roll.nz. Didn't help. Have tried to reinstall and wipe the app storage.

Anybody from Kingsong on the forum that could give an update for when app will be updated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EldARon said:

I'm struggling to get the Kingson app to work. It has been crashing for me since this fall. I was on Android 9.1 and now I'm on Android 10. I have tried it with another phone with Android 8.x The same result there. 

Looks like the app is gone from Google play. Maybe that's because of Android version. Tried the version from roll.nz. Didn't help. Have tried to reinstall and wipe the app storage.

Anybody from Kingsong on the forum that could give an update for when app will be updated?

 

I was able to download and install yesterday from the KingSong website : http://47.106.14.253/upload/android_version/KingsongAndroid APP.apk

https://www.kingsong.com/list-30.html

 I can't tell you the version number as I deleted the app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, EldARon said:

I'm struggling to get the Kingson app to work. It has been crashing for me since this fall. I was on Android 9.1 and now I'm on Android 10. I have tried it with another phone with Android 8.x The same result there. 

Looks like the app is gone from Google play. Maybe that's because of Android version. Tried the version from roll.nz. Didn't help. Have tried to reinstall and wipe the app storage.

Anybody from Kingsong on the forum that could give an update for when app will be updated?

When I downloaded the app from Playstore it didn't work for me. However when I scanned the QR-code linked to the app on the back of the KS 16x user manual, it downloaded a different version which worked fine for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, EldARon said:

I'm struggling to get the Kingson app to work. It has been crashing for me since this fall. I was on Android 9.1 and now I'm on Android 10. I have tried it with another phone with Android 8.x The same result there. 

Looks like the app is gone from Google play. Maybe that's because of Android version. Tried the version from roll.nz. Didn't help. Have tried to reinstall and wipe the app storage.

Anybody from Kingsong on the forum that could give an update for when app will be updated?

The current version available from the KS website is v3.20 (dated 20 November, 2019. It seems quite stable.

If that doesn't work for you, I can dig up a copy of v3.14 (from August 2019) which from memory was fairly robust... Let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/17/2019 at 12:53 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The current version available from the KS website is v3.20 (dated 20 November, 2019. It seems quite stable.

If that doesn't work for you, I can dig up a copy of v3.14 (from August 2019) which from memory was fairly robust... Let me know.

I had the Play Store vesion. It worked until some time this fall. Since I'm using EUC world app. I just figured I'd wait for an update. That didn't come. I went to kingsong.com and downloaded that version. So now I got v. 3.2.0. I get a white shirt with Kingsong logo for a about 20 seconds. Then it closes. If I try to reopen it again, I only see white background with logo for a second. If I force close the app. The white background with logo show for 20 seconds.

@The Fat Unicyclist If you have 3.14 I'd like to try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, EldARon said:

@The Fat Unicyclist If you have 3.14 I'd like to try it out.

I haven't had a chance to add it to my "apps" page yet, but the APK is on our site...

It should download from this link: https://www.roll.nz/apps/KingsongAndroid APP_3.14.apk   :D

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't seem to get the KS APP ios 1.3 to allow me calibrating the trolley handle on an 18L fw2.0 Not a big deal, as the handle works fine, but the calibrate screen tells me ot keep it flat and wont go any further. Anyone else noticing this behavior? It does work as far as alllowing me to disable the lift sensor, tho I surely would rather not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Can't seem to get the KS APP ios 1.3 to allow me calibrating the trolley handle on an 18L fw2.0 Not a big deal, as the handle works fine, but the calibrate screen tells me ot keep it flat and wont go any further. Anyone else noticing this behavior? It does work as far as alllowing me to disable the lift sensor, tho I surely would rather not.

Lift sensor calibration has been removed in 2.0 firmware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Seba said:

Lift sensor calibration has been removed in 2.0 firmware.

Well, that makes it pretty damn simple to understand. I hope that wasnt in the FW notes, or my short term memory issues are showing... THanks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

I hope that wasnt in the FW notes, or my short term memory issues are showing... THanks!!

:roflmao:

No, it wasn't, so don't worry about your memory ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, Juggler said:

I downloaded the KS app a week ago to enable speed unlocking of my newly won 16x.

The app worked ok last week but today I went out to ride the wheel and when I turned the app on, it wanted to update to another version. I cancelled the update as I was on limited data and wanted to go for a ride. I went to check my speed alarm settings but when I pressed the button to check/alter the speed settings, nothing happened. The settings screen would not open.  Iv'e never been as fan of the KS app since I first tried it with the KS14D and its proving me right again.

Any ideas why this is happening (or should I say not happening!)

I'm having this exact same problem.  If you have any luck please let me know.  So frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JBinBalt said:

I'm having this exact same problem.  If you have any luck please let me know.  So frustrating!

If you have Android device, just use EUC World:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Seba said:

If you have Android device, just use EUC World:

Thanks, IOS unfortunately.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's going on with the King Song app situation?

They no longer offer their own app? What exactly is their plan there? Does anybody know? Are they working on (yet another) new app? Did they just give up and will refer people to third party apps from now on?

I'm not following all the KS app related topics, so sorry if that has been answered already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 1:08 PM, Javier Lirio Rufo said:

I updated to the last firmware from the DarknessBot app and now my wheel Kingsong KS-14D does not turn on. Didn't someone say that DarknessBot was reliable?

What version of the firmware did you upgrade to? 

I had 1.09 on my KS-14D and had a lot issues with odometer not registering mileage, speed alerts and titlback not working consistently. I reached out to Jason at eWheels where i bought the wheel from and he sent me firmware 2.0 which resolved all the issues. I'm told KingSong will release 2.0 to all KS-14D owners very soon.

P.S. EUC.World app works perfectly with firmware 2.0 on the KS-14D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...