Jump to content

Has anybody got problems with the new kingsong app


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Okiiashi said:

Yes this is the version I'm using. it works with the 16X.  I'm just trying to figure out how to record my ride on that app.  I'm gonna go on thread for that app.

  1. Create account at https://euc.world/signup
  2. Log in to your account, enter your account settings and look for API key.
  3. Start WheelLog app, open settings (by swiping your finger from the left screen edge to the right) and enter Livemap settings.
  4. Tap on API key and enter key.
  5. That's all! Now you can log your tours to the euc.world service :)

 

Edited by Seba
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Michael, can you instruct this Developer to remove these geo-restrictions. The Manufacturer should not be imposing arbitrary restrictions on Customer hardware. Once a Customer has paid for the equipme

Thank you @Seba! So their app was so bad, it was kicked out of the app stores. Impressive Let's hope this means their new app has some better standard of quality. I wonder why they just didn't hir

@tinawong stated few days ago that they are now working on iOS app. I assume that coronavirus epidemy will delay this a bit. In theory, Android app is still available on their website as APK. It can b

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Seba said:
  1. Create account at https://euc.world/signup
  2. Log in to your account, enter your account settings and look for API key.
  3. Start WheelLog app, open settings (by swiping your finger from the left screen edge to the right) and enter Livemap settings.
  4. Tap on API key and enter key.
  5. That's all! Now you can log your tours to the euc.world service :)

 

DERP!  Dang.. I saw the bars on the bottom and didn't think I could got left...
I forgot I signed in before.. but didn't remember how to get back to those!

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some important news regarding euc.world and its WheelLog app:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

My Kingsong app for IOS doesn't let me access speed settings at all for 18XL. When I press the speed settings menu it briefly shows a loading spinner and then it disappears and nothing happens. I thought maybe this is because I don't have enough miles on it but I already drove 230km and still the same. It used to let me access the settings just fine and I had the limit at around 25mph but it got reset out of a sudden, the speed limit is now set to 20km/h (12mph) and I can't do anything about it. Is there a factory reset for the wheel that I can try?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DaffyDuck said:

 It used to let me access the settings just fine and I had the limit at around 25mph but it got reset out of a sudden, the speed limit is now set to 20km/h (12mph) and I can't do anything about it.

Sometimes that can be a login issue. Did you log in with the same e-mail or phone number you've been using until now?

Edited by travsformation
Link to post
Share on other sites

After reinstalling the app and doing a hard restart on my ipad it started working again, phew. Yeah maybe it was a login issue, after reinstalling the app it prompted me to login again (not sure how to trigger relogin without reinstalling the app). Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you could solve it  :)

My advice is to set up the wheel how you like it (riding mode, LED mode, tiltback, etc.), and then UNINSTALL it and stay clear of it insomuch as humanly possible. Go for EUC World or WheelLog in Android, or Darknessbot in iOS instead :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

276935230_Screenshot_20191120-074941_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.35234603aca69a9dd2cb9c9f59d2c984.jpg

 

Is this the correct and official King Song app on the Google Play Store? 1.4 rating? I wanted to see what firmware version I have for my ks14s and whether or not there's any firmware updates. It crashes on start up on Note 8 running 9.0. Is there one that works elsewhere, perhaps as an apk?

Edited by John Eucist
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John Eucist said:

276935230_Screenshot_20191120-074941_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.35234603aca69a9dd2cb9c9f59d2c984.jpg

 

Is this the correct and official King Song app on the Google Play Store? 1.4 rating? I wanted to see what firmware version I have for my ks14s and whether or not there's any firmware updates. It crashes on start up on Note 8 running 9.0. Is there one that works elsewhere, perhaps as an apk?

That should be the right one (is v3.1.9) - but also crashes on android 10...

On kingsong.com (mediacenter/support/app download) is an app download for v3.1.7 which runs - but wants "too much" permissions, so i did not try it in detail. 

Registering is a bit "hard" - depending on ?server availability? there can be some delays...

Also firmware upgrades need (sometimes) a bit of patience/some tries.

For "just" looking for the voltage i'd recommend wheellog or the new euc world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/20/2019 at 12:53 AM, John Eucist said:

Is this the correct and official King Song app on the Google Play Store? 1.4 rating? 

Yupp. Buggy app, buggy registration/login process, ridiculous amount of permissions required, and IMO, potentially shady due to privacy concerns. When installed, and with the app configured not to run in the background & as always asleep, I still get constant "KS app has crashed" messages. I only install it when I want to calibrate the wheel or trolley handle, then swiftly uninstall it again

Link to post
Share on other sites

Several attempts but I could not get the kingdong app to work at all on my android. Used gf's iphone, kingsong app worked and did the unlock/registration. The ks app was limiting me to 12mph and would not allow settings to go higher. Put wheelog on my android, Set limits up to 35kph and everthing has been great since then. I really like the wheelog app.

Ks16s wheel

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChrisB said:

Several attempts but I could not get the kingdong app to work at all on my android. Used gf's iphone, kingsong app worked and did the unlock/registration. The ks app was limiting me to 12mph and would not allow settings to go higher. Put wheelog on my android, Set limits up to 35kph and everthing has been great since then. I really like the wheelog app.

Ks16s wheel

Yeah, the KS app is complete garbage. You should give EUC World a shot, it's on the Play Store and offers tons more features than WheelLog ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 2:36 PM, RockyTop said:

Also, The latest update on the Darkness app is superposed to eliminate the need for the KingSong app 

Darkness is what I had to use to unlock speeds after mileage requirements. I'll toy with it more, probably find it defeats the point of having the KS app, until a proven fw update is needed. Cmon kingsong, spend some dough on app developement, its a neccessary evil, in order to propel your brand and meet expectations. Love the wheel tho! Since i ride with NO phones or ios devices, its not a big deal.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2019 at 4:13 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

You're welcome! 

While it is great to have app improvements and new features, if there are issues with the app there should be an easy way to roll-back... In this case from 3.19 to 3.18.

Many thanks! I just opened my 16x and found frustration in the latest app from KS website. It would not allow me any other option for country than China (which makes registration impossible by sms). The 3.18 worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My new KS-14D just arrived a few minutes ago. This is my first EUC and I'm excited.

I've got it plugged into the charger to get the battery fully charged. The instructions that came with it seem fairly insufficient. I managed to download the KingSong app from their website after a couple of tries (kept freezing). The app wants permissions to make phone calls, take videos, and access to media and files on my phone. When I deny these, the app won't work.

I simply don't understand why this app needs all that access and am worried about privacy and security issues. Is there an alternative app ? 

Thanks. V.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chriull said:

Darknessbot for iphones.

 

I should have been clearer. I'm using an Android phone. I'm not seeing DarknessBot in the GooglePlay store.

I just downloaded EUC World . Will that work to get the initial setup done on the KS-14D ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chriull said:

No, there is nothing for initial aetup on android but the original KS app :(

Thanks. I just downloaded the DarknessBot on my iPad and it's searching for the device. I'm waiting for it to get charged fully. Hopefully the charging indicator on the charger is accurate :-)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You only need the manufacturer app for the initial setup. You can uninstall it afterwards or just take all its permissions away (and give them back temporarily once a year when you use the official app). I don't know if Darknessbot can do the initial unlock.

WheelLog or EUC World (Wheellog fork) is where it's at for Android for daily use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vasuvius said:

My new KS-14D just arrived a few minutes ago. This is my first EUC and I'm excited.

I've got it plugged into the charger to get the battery fully charged. The instructions that came with it seem fairly insufficient. I managed to download the KingSong app from their website after a couple of tries (kept freezing). The app wants permissions to make phone calls, take videos, and access to media and files on my phone. When I deny these, the app won't work.

I simply don't understand why this app needs all that access and am worried about privacy and security issues. Is there an alternative app ? 

Thanks. V.

Yup, I use my old Android (ie, not my current phone) that's been wiped of personal data for these apps.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vasuvius said:

I simply don't understand why this app needs all that access and am worried about privacy and security issues. Is there an alternative app ? 

Just use a cheap burner WiFi phone, like this excellent one for only 20 bucks currently:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-prepaid-lg-phoenix-4-with-16gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-titan-black/6292036.p

Make sure to take SIM out, and skip all cellular- and account-related steps (don't login to Play Store, either). Sideload apps. Voila - a WiFi phone that doesn't even know who you are.

Just this holiday season, I bought 4 phones for $100, they are fantastic for dedicated tasks like Wheellog, maps, etc. I won't tell you how many I bought in the previous seasons, it's embarrassing. Unbelievable value and utility.

Re: why so many permissions: most likely, it's not because KS is evil, but because they use 3rd party software libraries that require them. A library can consist of thousands of functions, requiring various permissions, but KS is using only a handful of them, but it appears as if it were KS themselves trying to spy on you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vasuvius said:

My new KS-14D just arrived a few minutes ago. This is my first EUC and I'm excited.

I've got it plugged into the charger to get the battery fully charged. The instructions that came with it seem fairly insufficient. I managed to download the KingSong app from their website after a couple of tries (kept freezing). The app wants permissions to make phone calls, take videos, and access to media and files on my phone. When I deny these, the app won't work.

I simply don't understand why this app needs all that access and am worried about privacy and security issues. Is there an alternative app ? 

Thanks. V.

Download this version of the Kingsong app to do the initial setup: https://www.roll.nz/apps/com.kingsong.dlc_3.1.8.apk

After that, remove it and install EUC World or WheelLog for Android, or DarknessBot for iOS :)

Edited by travsformation
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...