WTB Kingsong 16S or comparable wheel NYC

Hi there, I'm actually in nyc, and am planning to sell my ks16s which is 3rd hand, to upgrade to the msx84v.

i personally have learned it quickly, i managed to do about 140+ miles on it the last 2 weeks i've had it.

the total milage on it is about 1160ish, it can only charge to 83% according to wheelog and 89% according to the kingsong app.

The Wheel is amazing, but i feel like i'm ready to upgrade to a faster ride with more mileage.

It's a great beginner wheel, and you can actually see it here in my youtube channel and even my progress i've made on it.

I can get about 20 True miles on it total with hard riding.  (180lbs weight) with a full charge of 83/89% battery down to 35% @ 18 mph-20mph speed, followed by 35%- down to 10% with 15- to 10 mph speeds. All With aggressive riding, off road, curb hopping, carving, Hills, & roads.

It'll come with that custom Removable/cardboard shell too if you want. I just don't know if the cardboard will support your weight lol but you'll be the judge. 

The shell has already been remodeled. It will be with a 2.5inch tire , instead of the default 2 inch(better for bumps and off roading). But will throw in the 2 inch tire in as well along with a spare tube. & standard charger.

I'll be down to sell it, to you for 850$ if you can wait 1 week, till my msx84v comes :D

Oh also note this was my first Ever Euc, i'm happy i didn't get a faster ride as the first wheel too XD, Because i probably would've injured myself by pushing the speed up without the experience. ( and i know i would've pushed it to early )

Also Hey parkninja, so I'm interested, but the charge limitations thus range and how hard you pushed the wheel sorta concern me. I'm looking to use it to do deliveries (eventually in Manhattan) as a means of expediting my deliveries and giving me a little more range in choosing which deliveries to take. So the battery issue is concerning. Nothing too crazy, but I'd be using it on and off all day to take the pressure off my flat feet which currently kill me from hoofing it everywhere.

I usually do about 17ish km on foot, and mix that up with public transit to get around the city. 

Thanks for the response!! 

Still super interested in your wheel just worried it might be a little too abused for the couple months abuse I'll put into it before upgrading myself. I also love that it's got a 2.5 inch wheel as I think that added stability will be nice!

In regards to the frame I probably would strip it off because I'll be looking to transport the wheel in a roller backpack, mainly for instance where I have to enter a building where they're not going to look kindly on me rolling a wheel through their luxury building.

11 minutes ago, Braxton Richard Wells said:

So the battery issue is concerning.

Depends - if it's due to a defective/misadjusted charger it's about a non issue. Chargers are cheap.

If it's the battery it's most likely due to some bad battery cells inside the pack. That's a safety issue (danger of fire) and the packs have to be replaced - or if one can do it right just the bad cells...

But new packs are almost the same price as this wheel (at least imo in europe - no idea how much they are in the US)...:(

20 minutes ago, Braxton Richard Wells said:

Also Hey parkninja, so I'm interested, but the charge limitations thus range and how hard you pushed the wheel sorta concern me. I'm looking to use it to do deliveries (eventually in Manhattan) as a means of expediting my deliveries and giving me a little more range in choosing which deliveries to take. So the battery issue is concerning. Nothing too crazy, but I'd be using it on and off all day to take the pressure off my flat feet which currently kill me from hoofing it everywhere.

I usually do about 17ish km on foot, and mix that up with public transit to get around the city. 

Thanks for the response!! 

Still super interested in your wheel just worried it might be a little too abused for the couple months abuse I'll put into it before upgrading myself. I also love that it's got a 2.5 inch wheel as I think that added stability will be nice!

In regards to the frame I probably would strip it off because I'll be looking to transport the wheel in a roller backpack, mainly for instance where I have to enter a building where they're not going to look kindly on me rolling a wheel through their luxury building.

Hey so if you are interested , i will be down to sell it this coming week , i'll have to message you here and exchange contact info. The cardboard box with the seated option is just for fun and it isn't permanent but you can probably slide it on top of the euc when you are learning how to ride it unless it's on grass. 

you should  see the other videos of the same euc on that youtube channel i listed above. there is 2 more vids of that same euc unshelled.

You could also dm me on instagram @ nycparkninja

The guy above mentions that the battery might be fire prone... Well maybe i shouldn't store it near my bed lmao......

But so far it's been going good so you would have to decide i guess if you want it or not in the end.

also note it takes about 4 hrs to fully charge it from 10% to 80ish%

9 hours ago, nycparkninja said:

The guy above mentions that the battery might be fire prone... Well maybe i shouldn't store it near my bed lmao......

But so far it's been going good so you would have to decide i guess if you want it or not in the end.

also note it takes about 4 hrs to fully charge it from 10% to 80ish%

If you have a multimeter, check the charger voltage, it should be 67.2V. If it's less, the battery won't charge fully. If the charger output voltage is correct, then the pack has damaged cells.

So I think I will drop the price to 750 due to the battery only charging up to 83-89%. if you're interested let me know. I will put it up for sale this Thursday likely.  The euc didn't explode or catch fire on me yet nor do i think it will ever happen 🙄. these guys are just trying to help and give advice stating the worst case scenarios. Here is a short clip of me doing a funny pizza Delivery retake 2 nights ago 🤣

https://youtu.be/VYz1bpzNByo

50 minutes ago, nycparkninja said:

The euc didn't explode or catch fire on me yet nor do i think it will ever happen 🙄. these guys are just trying to help and give advice stating the worst case scenarios.

Believes mostly don't help against physical principles :(

And yes - battery degradation is a quite "slow" process, cells are well designed, so the worst case is mostly something statistical.

Afair we had just one case of a wheel starting to burn in a flat reported: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/12865-explosion/?tab=comments#comment-218045

And maybe another one, longer ago - but i don't really remember?

So very unlikely to happen. Imho most people change battery packs or dispose the wheel in because of the missing performance before the risk increases too much?!

But still one of the most unreliable thing with wheels are the chargers (maybe after the wheels mobile phone apps) - a multimeter is a great investment! They are cheap and nothing fancy is needed. Replacement chargers are cheap too and it increases fun if one drives with a fully charged wheel! 😀

.... and in your special case it could help to sell the wheel for the "full" price and your buyer does not need to worry bout anything...

Archived