Orb Wheel x2

RingVar

Hi, i’m new to This forum but no stranger to  EUC’s. I recently got myself a orbwheel x2 and i’m gonna need a stronger battery. Does anybody have a good website that sells a stronger EUC battery? I need as much help as possible.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RingVar said:

Hi, i’m new to This forum but no stranger to  EUC’s. I recently got myself a orbwheel x2 and i’m gonna need a stronger battery. Does anybody have a good website that sells a stronger EUC battery? I need as much help as possible.

Welcome!

I did not find specific details for this wheel, but it seems to be one of the weak early wheels?

If so - be careful with a stronger battery. The stronger battery could overburden the motherboard!

Yes its a Weaker model from teknikmagasinet in Sweden and all i want is some more capacity to this wheel scince i plan on using it a lot( sorry for misspellings, my phone autocorrects very often)

Edited by RingVar

45 minutes ago, RingVar said:

Yes its a Weaker model from teknikmagasinet in Sweden and all i want is some more capacity to this wheel scince i plan on using it a lot( sorry for misspellings, my phone autocorrects very often)

So presumaby it has some 16s1p config (just cells in series). If you want higher capacity the only way to go is taking some 16s2p - 32 cells, 2 parallel cells 16 times in series.

But this 2 cells in parallel can deliver twice as much current - and imo the weak boards "rely" on the lower current of the single cells and burn their mosfets by overpowering.

But this is just a remark - i have no proove that this really will happen!

You have enough place for a 32 cell pack inside the wheel?

Maybe also a good 16s1p pack with 3500mAh cells (16x3,7x3,5=207Wh) could already improve your situation?

Or since good packs are not too cheap maybe a used stronger wheel could be the better solution?

Edited by Chriull
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Chriull said:

So presumaby it has some 16s1p config (just cells in series). If you want higher capacity the only way to go is taking some 16s2p - 32 cells, 2 parallel cells 16 times in series.

But this 2 cells in parallel can deliver twice as much current - and imo the weak boards "rely" on the lower current of the single cells and burn their mosfets by overpowering.

But this is just a remark - i have no proove that this really will happen!

You have enough place for a 32 cell pack inside the wheel?

Maybe also a good 16s1p pack with 3500mAh cells (16x3,7x3,5=207Wh) could already improve your situation?

Or since good packs are not too cheap maybe a used stronger wheel could be the better solution?

I could open up the battery compartent and show you the battery it currently has?scince i’m a total noob when it comes to batteries.

I would but a better model but i bought this model with the intention of modding it :)

1 hour ago, RingVar said:

I could open up the battery compartent and show you the battery it currently has?scince i’m a total noob when it comes to batteries.

I would but a better model but i bought this model with the intention of modding it :)

I would recommend purchasing a new wheel.  You don't want to mess with batteries if you are not sure, what you are doing.

Edited by fryman

30 minutes ago, fryman said:

I would recommend purchasing a new wheel.  You don't want to mess with batteries if you are not sure, what you are doing.

Probably Will but i want to use this one to learn about batteries and the uppgrades that are avalible for EUC’s. I hoped that there was a ready to use battery with the universal battery connector.

what would you all recomend for a experienced rider then?

18 minutes ago, RingVar said:

Probably Will but i want to use this one to learn about batteries and the uppgrades that are avalible for EUC’s. I hoped that there was a ready to use battery with the universal battery connector.

One can get good quality batteries in europe fir example from 1radwerkstatt.de ~150€ for 16s1p or ~300€ for 16s2p. But imho wasted money for your wheel - better invested in some new (used) wheel.

Whats an universal battery connector?

18 minutes ago, RingVar said:

what would you all recomend for a experienced rider then?

Depends on your requirements. Weight, speed, range, inclines, money, ....

44 minutes ago, Chriull said:

One can get good quality batteries in europe fir example from 1radwerkstatt.de ~150€ for 16s1p or ~300€ for 16s2p. But imho wasted money for your wheel - better invested in some new (used) wheel.

Whats an universal battery connector?

Depends on your requirements. Weight, speed, range, inclines, money, ....

I am Fairly regular weight at 76 kilos, i prefer at least 30km range with 25km/h and i live in a city between mountains so there is a fair share of inclines though not any Steep ones. Range of money is max 5500 swedish crowns~ circa €500 or $500  ish.

thanks by the way i really appriciate the help and feedback by you guys

• Upvote 1

What I personally would do if I were you.

Learn to ride. Get some distance in. get protection gear. then sell the wheel after a few months to a friend that wants to learn and buy a more powerful wheel.

Upgrades and modifications are great for wheels you intend to keep for over a year. With starter wheels, those are good for learning and teaching others. You don't want to mess around with them too much or you will just end up throwing money away when it breaks.

Cheap wheels are cheap.

Edited by Esper
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RingVar said:

I am Fairly regular weight at 76 kilos, i prefer at least 30km range with 25km/h and i live in a city between mountains so there is a fair share of inclines though not any Steep ones.

This sounds like the specs of my Ks16S (35km/h) or even the prior Ks16B/C (30km/h) with 840Wh. Although 30 km range should normaly work with these wheels, it could get maybe  tight sometimes.

Or was it with the 640Wh Ks16B, were 30 km were from time to time a bit tight and the Ks16 with 840Wh it's no prob?

Range of money is max 5500 swedish crowns~ circa €500 or $500  ish.

Uff... 

That'll need some good luck!

But since the new KS16X is about to enter the market, you maybe find some good deal for a used ks16...

With used KS16 B/(?C?) one just has to take care of

- the axle. "Earlier" version had some thinner axles which tend to bend/break over time. Kingsong used stronger axles for the same model lateron. No idea how to distinguish them easily without fully opening the wheel. Maybe @US69 has some "internal" information (production date/serial number?). KS16S imo had the sturdy axle from the beginning?!

- battery & charger. These used wheels are already some years old and the battery packs could already be misbalanced/have a couple of dead cells! (!no Kingsong specific problem - this is true for all brands!). If so, they wheels are not worth the money anymore, since the battery pack is one of the most expensive parts of the wheel. Although one could repair a battery pack (replace the couple of bad cells), this is not really recommendable to anyone who is not experienced with this specific topic! Messing with Li Ion packs of this size can be life threatening! Any small fault or moment of distraction could be the last one!

But this "charge/battery problem" could be a non issue, too. It could be just caused from a misadjusted/bad charger abd they are cheap to replace.

... And battery packs (can) have a long life! My and my brothers 4 years ninebot one E+ are still in good shape, as our ?3? years old KS16Bs. Just of one the axle broke some weeks ago...

The Inmotion V8 could maybe fit your specs, too? It has less battery - but could still be enough most of the time?! But i have no real experience with this wheel...

11 hours ago, Esper said:

Learn to ride. Get some distance in. get protection gear. then sell the wheel after a few months to a friend that wants to learn and buy a more powerful wheel

Imo that's the way to go - and follow all the "nearby" online marketplaces/trade portals for nice used wheels!

• 2 years later...