Recharging battery in public establishments

edwin_rm

What are some good proven public places to connect an EUC charger to top off the battery (recharge) that are not your home nor your work place?

Lets say, for example, that you go ride for leisure at a big city (such as Washington DC, Madrid, Dublin, New York, Rome, etc.) and need to top up the battery, where do you stop for it?

And that's way more charge than my TG T3 will hold.  I worked out it's about as much energy as a human would extract from a single slice of bread.  Even if ran down the whole way.  That's about as much energy as a human takes to walk one mile.

For my recent trips I've used Starbucks. There are enough Starbucks that you can usually find one that isn't too busy. Usually there is a power plug available and I bring a triple-tap in my backpack in case there are already two people using it. The spacing is wide enough that you can easily fit an EUC plug and two iPhone-style USB charger cubes into it. I always buy something and figure that justifies a 30-minute stay to top up the battery in both my EUC and phone, plus use the toilet. :D

119338-ProductImageURL.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My sons have no problem in the pubs that they frequent but they always seem to get on well with the management.

The pub's have some problems with the electricity. I think their power outlets serve only DC. I have of course AC power at home and my charger has of course also AC/DC converter and my EU then gets DC. But I'm quite sure that pubs have DC ( the straight line "wave" ) outlets and my charger converts it to AC ( the sine wave) and EU gets then AC.
How to test that? Easily. When you drive to pub, EU goes straight line, and when you charge it in pub, it drives back in sine wave line. After I charge it at home with AC, it's back going straight line.

The pub's have some problems with the electricity. I think their power outlets serve only DC. I have of course AC power at home and my charger has of course also AC/DC converter and my EU then gets DC. But I'm quite sure that pubs have DC ( the straight line "wave" ) outlets and my charger converts it to AC ( the sine wave) and EU gets then AC.
How to test that? Easily. When you drive to pub, EU goes straight line, and when you charge it in pub, it drives back in sine wave line. After I charge it at home with AC, it's back going straight line.

I think your probem is that you are in the pubs too long and therefore puting too much "sine wave" electricity into the euc. I'm sure that it will be able to cope with a moderate amount of "sine wave line" currant and still travel in a straight line. :)

Archived