Anyone else experience calf numbness?

D3m0nzz

I have been riding EUC's for a while now and have over 600 miles logged on my 18XL, but have recently started experiencing constant numbness on the inside of my right calf. At first I thought this was a symptom of a larger health risk, but I realized that this spot is almost exactly where the 18XL pad makes contact with my leg. Has anyone else had experience with numbness (not pain) like this? This numbness is long lasting and never seems to totally go away, but seems particularly bad after riding the 18XL.  

I wonder if there is some vibration / friction being transferred to your calf to cause the numbness?  I used to put on velcro'd calf protectors made of thin neoprene.  It made riding the Tesla much more bearable, and also it helped reduce sore spots.  Kinda like these:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Calf-Leg-Knee-Support-Brace-Wrap-Protector-Pads-Sleeve-Running-Exercies-1pc/292620113777

nope, but then again most pads dont touch my legs.. try just adding some padding slightly thicker than the factory pads right below them like two layers of this stuff or whatever else.. its probably hitting right on a nerve or something.. it used to be a problem for me with my bony ankles but after more than 15k on all sorts of eucs my ankles and shins could literally stop a bullet, i feel nothing lol so it was purely conditioning for me that took a long time. from the sounds of it its a weird spot that its hitting just right, so do try literally anything just below the pads thats thicker than they are to see for sure if thats what it is

download.jpg

I don't know if it is related, but I have noticed a couple of issues relating to foot pain for me;

1) I tend to put more weight on one side, so IF I am doing this I notice after about 2 miles that one foot starts to get some pain. It seems like as soon as I am aware of this, or if I start out correctly balanced, this does not happen.

2) Any pressure/position offset can cause discomfort/pain after awhile. If my footing is off, it is almost immediately apparent. I would say I was not very good at noticing this in my first 500 miles of riding. Now, I am pretty good about detecting this. It can range from foot position on the pedals, to pressure on my ankles from holding my EUC too tight, to pressure on my legs. I don't have too many issues nowadays, as it gets easier to detect this.

Also, I started riding EUC's to keep off my feet for my daily commute due to plantars fasceitis issues . I had foot pain from walking every day on the cement downtown. Almost immediately I noticed riding an EUC helped relieve that pain, then after a couple years I noticed significant improvements to about 90% painlessness. And then, a couple months ago I started taking some pain relievers for various other aches and pains ( I can definitely recommend NOT falling on your knee to the cement!) and after about a week or two noticed that was also helping my feet heal! Much less foot pain! Being a person that usually avoids taking medication....I can now say that some extra strength Tylenol or some acetaminophen can be very helpful!

Archived