Colorado/Mountain West/High Plains Riders?

Luke Herron

On 11/14/2019 at 11:21 AM, tessa25 said:

Anyone up for a ride on the mtn bike trails at Lory State Park this Saturday Nov 16?

40°35'15.9"N 105°10'49.3"W

40.587752, -105.180346

Meet at 11am at the mtn bike practice area. Ride the West Valley trail to the East Valley trail loop (beginner singletrack). Those that want to continue can then ride the Kimmons trail (intermediate) and others.

If you don't have a state parks pass it's $8 for parking (pay at ranger station).

@Graniteone @Singletrack @JZT-Colorado @Luke Herron @Jimmy Chang

Sorry, I missed this. Did you guys end up riding?

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Chang said:

Sorry, I missed this. Did you guys end up riding?

I ended up the only one. So I spent my time practicing in the mountain bike practice area. Went down a short 14deg slope successfully by just skiing down without trying to go slow. Next attempt I tried to control the speed and landed on my butt. :shock2: Third attempt I tried with one leg on the ground and fell forward. Lol.

I will attempt another group ride the next nice Saturday if it's not ski season.

• 4 months later...

Hey all,  just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  I just got my first EUC a few days ago, live in Colorado and would be down to ride either once the virus dies down or a local Denver area ride with social distancing etc.  As a fan of his Youtube channel, I want to give a shout out to @Jimmy Chang.  I'd been wanting a one wheel for over a year and would always see his videos with the familiar Colorado front range scenery.  I'd never heard of EUC's until I saw the Onewheel / EUC comparison video and that was my discovery moment so thanks Jimmy!  The virus which caused ski resort closures and crowded bike trails gave me the nudge I needed to pull the trigger on a Telsa.  I've been having fun learning and hope to see you all out soon.  Cheers.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! 

I am new to EUC, however ordered my MSP from eWheels. I have a question regarding regulations in CO and specifically in Jeff and Boulder counties. What should I follow when riding EUC? E-bike regulations? And what are the rules of ticketing if I abbey these regulations? I live in Westminster and if I decided to ride trails which are not fully for E-bikers. For example, Meadowlark Trail is open for E-bikes, Mayhoffer Singletree Trail (south of Coal Creek Drive) also, however Mayhoffer Singletree Trail (north of Coal Creek Drive) and Coalton Trail are not allowed E-bikes. It is weird since it is basically a loop of 14 miles and cutting off some of its part makes it only IN and OUT trail.

• 2 weeks later...

@b.free

I'm not sure about trails near you. I can say, I was riding in Lousiville and founda  lot of the bike trails did not allow e-bikes or other motorized vehicles. Near you, there is the dry creek trail and I think you probably could roam on that. I didn't see any signs stating otherwise. I'm in Boulder right now, so feel free to come up here and ride!

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 10:49 AM, Nachos said:

Hey all,  just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  I just got my first EUC a few days ago, live in Colorado and would be down to ride either once the virus dies down or a local Denver area ride with social distancing etc.  As a fan of his Youtube channel, I want to give a shout out to @Jimmy Chang.  I'd been wanting a one wheel for over a year and would always see his videos with the familiar Colorado front range scenery.  I'd never heard of EUC's until I saw the Onewheel / EUC comparison video and that was my discovery moment so thanks Jimmy!  The virus which caused ski resort closures and crowded bike trails gave me the nudge I needed to pull the trigger on a Telsa.  I've been having fun learning and hope to see you all out soon.  Cheers.  

Sorry for the late reply. Hope you are still enjoying your Tesla!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Mat from the Springs and I've been interested in getting an EUC. Thanks @Jimmy Changfor awesome videos! Let me know if there's a better forum spot for this, but I'm wondering if anyone has a used EUC I can buy. I'm 5' 10" and 210 lbs, considering the KS 14D 420Wh for $850 on ewheels.com but I have a price range of $1000. I've never ridden an EUC before but I'm a fast learner and pretty coordinated. I want to be able to commute with it less than 2 miles of residential roads away to my office with a couple challenging hills along the way. Thoughts? Suggestions? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 5:11 PM, Singletrack said:

@MathewG Include some safety gear in your budget such as wrist guards and a helmet, elbow and knee pads in the future as you learn and go faster.

Thanks @Singletrack. I ended going with a 16S from ewheels, it came in a little over a week ago. I'm riding it every possible minute i can, I love it! I've been commuting a couple miles to work each day and went for a further 12 mile ride this morning. I'm hungry for speed but that'll come someday when I upgrade. I had my first fall this morning and was so happy I was wearing a helmet, wrist guards, and a motorcycle jacket. Now I know I really need some good kneepads too! I slid probably about 15 feet on asphalt, just got minor road trash on my knees. 

I live just northwest of Union and Dublin if anyone else is near there, let me know! Maybe we can put together a short ride. 

• 1 month later...