TO KS18L OWNERS: cutoff fonction unreliable. U2??

Spinner

Hello all,

I have an 18L which I love except for the cutoff fonction with the handle. The wheel always starts spinning in the middle of the stairs. I did the "calibration" in the crappy app but nothing changed. Do you have this problem too?

Thanks in advance!

There was quite a lot about that on the forum. If recalibration does not solve the problem then the handle mechanism has to be adjusted. If you feel confident you can try and do it on your own. I think that @Seba posted a how-to video.

For me, the lift sensor has been disfunctional. I've seen different issues with this reported.

I've really tried to use it...and it was one of the reasons I bought this wheel. Sad to say it really does not work well. At best I had it working about 75% of the time. Now, that one sensor has died, it is causing even more problems. It's a great idea, but not implemented very well. Not surprising given the response requirements of the wheel. Some people say it works great...wish mine did.

I just updated this thread with some new related findings;

I can say I am very happy with my KS18L and liftsensor.

It worked perfect before I had to repair my trolley with new v3 stems maube to 99.5%. I might have tighten the sensor a little too hard in hindsight. But it works now 95% of the time. It is to a level that I don't bother to redo the sensor tighten adjustment. You just really have to lift and wait for the beep confirm.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:14 PM, hal2000 said:

There was quite a lot about that on the forum. If recalibration does not solve the problem then the handle mechanism has to be adjusted. If you feel confident you can try and do it on your own. I think that @Seba posted a how-to video.

Thanks Hal2000. I'll go back to the vendor.

Archived