State of the EUC industry?

erk1024

5 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You have the right intentions. Renting seems like a bad idea, but letting people try wheels is the way forward. That might be a shop giving out a beater wheel or just Joe Everydayrider letting people try.

Two advantages:

• It's supervised, letting people do less dumb stuff.
  • You can do the "hold my hand and we ride together" trick. As soon as a person can stand on the thing while holding on to a wall, they can ride while holding the hand of another (skilled) rider. Much faster learning than tackling it alone, and a pretty much immediate sense of achievement for the learner.

Letting people try under supervision is the best thing. Right after that comes just riding and being seen so people think "Hey, what is that, that looks nice!".

Maybe some "Wanna try?" events where people can be shown the ropes? And focus on the "You can try alone, but it will be much faster if you hold my hand" thing.

That's definitely a good introduction to EUCs. The thing is I saw nonstopneal's videos of him trying different wheels and seemed like a good idea.

I was looking for an alternative to letting people try my wheel because with all the things I've read in this forum I'm kinda paranoid and avoid stopping for or talking to people.