18XL Tire pressure

Rino

35 psi is almost flat.. you would be a lot more likely to get a pinch flat or damage the rim if you nailed a pothole or something..  i like 65 psi @ 54 kg.. i usually run around 65 on all my tires

• Like 1

Hi @Rino!

I would pump 40 psi or even 44 psi and higher, but pay attention to range of pressure, which is recommended to be pumped, usually it is written on the tire/inner tire or look at its package.

It may be a little bit uncomfortable and too wobbly at first, but in general it's more safe for your wheel, there are some risks if you are riding on low pressure: deformation of rim, puncture, inner tire wear  because it is "chewed" by rim and others). I would recommend higher pressure especially if you ride in aggressive style and jump on/off curbs.

If road condition/surface is bad or you are riding in winter on ice/snow, then low pressure is acceptable (with my weight near 85-90 kg full geared I am not comfortable on pressure lower than 20 psi), but you should ride carefully in this case, no jumps and the lower pressure is in your wheel the higher will be risk of puncture.

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Giovanni said:

Hi @Rino!

I would pump 40 psi or even 44 psi and higher, but pay attention to range of pressure, which is recommended to be pumped, usually it is written on the tire/inner tire or look at its package.

It may be a little bit uncomfortable and too wobbly at first, but in general it's more safe for your wheel, there are some risks if you are riding on low pressure: deformation of rim, inner tire wear  because it is "chewed" by rim and others). I would recommend higher pressure specially if you ride in aggressive style and jump on/off curbs.

If road condition/surface is bad or you are riding in winter on ice/snow, then low pressure is acceptable (with my weight near 85-90 kg full geared I am not comfortable on pressure lower than 20 psi), but you should ride carefully in this case, no jumps and the lower pressure is in your wheel the higher will be risk of puncture.

yup, i like the twitchy responsiveness of a high psi, can turn on a dime and maneuver better in general.. it will feel really weird and wobbly at first but wont take long to get used to it.. much safer and better for longevity

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rywokast said:

i like 65 psi @ 54 kg.. i usually run around 65 on all my tires

@Rywokast, isn't 65 psi higher than recommended? It is written 35-45 psi as recommended pressure on ChaoYang tire, which was stock tire installed by default on my KS-18L.

Also I feel to twitchy on pressure over 50 psi, but I believe it's a matter of time and skill to adapt.

By the way, we measure tire pressure in Atmosphere=Bar≈100 kilopascal here in Eastern Europe, so I need always to convert it in PSI to be on the same page with you) not a problem as I ride also folding bicycle Brompton from Britain and pressure is in PSI there too.

Edited by Giovanni

eh the recommendations are weird and random lol.. some tires say max 110 some say max 35.. I just do the same approx.. oh lol me too I'm also converting to psi xD I pump to just over 4 bar so that by the time I get the pump off and it lets out a little air it's probably right on 4 bar

17 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I squeeze the tire with my hand and stop putting air in when it feels just right. 

@kasenutty, maybe you have oversensitive tactile perception, but from my experience it's almost impossible to feel any difference on high pressure by squeezing tire with hand, it's so stony and rigid already after 2-2,5 bar.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, erk1024 said:

eWheels has a handy chart here that you could use as a starting point: https://www.ewheels.com/guide-tires-appropriate-pressures-electric-unicycle/

@Rino

according to that chart i should be using like 20-25 psi on my wheels.. might as well just take them off and ride on the rim xD

• Like 1

I am 210lb and inflate to 42 psi on the king song 18l for general riding.  I have been reinflating when the wheel feels a little sluggish in handling that seems to happen for me at about 35 psi. I used to run the pressure on the ninebot one e+ as high as possible to get as much range as possible, I continued that habit with the 16s not so much for range, but because it just became habit.

• Like 1

I currently have 30 psi, ridingweight of over 101kg, but am considering going for 35-40 psi.
As I'm probably doing two long rides this weekend I want to increase my chances of getting there, and home again, without needing to be picked up.

it would seem that i am an outlier in preferring max psi in all my euc's lol... more responsive, better range, less chance of damage to rim or tube.. only upside of  lower psi is a cushier ride but to me thats not as fun :P

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

You guys must have knees made of steel to handle high pressures for dozens of miles in a row! :o

my knees are the last thing to bother me.. i can easily do a 100 km ride over anything knees never hurt before, what starts to hurt is my back because i tend to have the posture of a brick wall lol.. i really hope the 16x has a seat option because i find myself using the air above my euc as a seat quite often but its not very comfortable xD

• Like 1

On 4/5/2019 at 10:55 AM, kasenutty said:

I squeeze the tire with my hand and stop putting air in when it feels just right. 

the firm boob squeeze test..   Same here.. and the how bouncy it is when making the wheel a pogo stick when stationary ..    

• Like 1