Orange County, California MV,RSM Loop, Sunday April 7th

n2eus

Join me this Sunday, April 7th, for a 37 miles ride around Mission Viejo and Rancho Santa Margarita.  This loop is one of my favorite cross country routes because it has scenic variety, smooth flowing terrain, and minimal traffic signals.  This ride is on streets, bikeways, and sidewalks.  No offroading this time.

The path is reflected in this map (except we won't cross Trabuco Creek this time):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=18q_gc_zRabrsewEisUfcz6P96AbqVyQ6&usp=sharing  EDIT: If this link is inaccessible, see image in my subsequent reply.

Some of the features included in this ride:
Oso Creek
Arroyo Trabuco Wilderness
O'Neill Regional Park
RSM Lake
Aliso Creek Bikeway

Below is a Google Maps pin identifying the start location for this group ride.  We will meet here at 9:30am and depart at 10:00am.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GFyA_g8mljwLCqCPcD_dqXiUT7DtxIM2&usp=sharing  EDIT: If this link is inaccessible, see google maps pin in my subsequent reply.

RSVP by Saturday 6pm.

@Shawn Johnson @IRK @MikeV @Peter Q @Sketch @captainwells @NBC44 @Stan Onymous @Gizmo Dork @Alsayyad @Chairman S @who_the @Dave Frear @roghaj @downtown @Yunicyle @Terenig @Dave U @Flying W @Heyzeus @NightRider @Mike Hanna @Klin @3euc @Unosolo @Williepimpin @Heyzeus @JomMas @BlackOutEX @Freewheeler @TomM @tihoa @csmyers @noisycarlos @Tanabe @Dzlchef @Ando Melkonyan @YoshiSkySun @n2eus @maltocs @1Wheeler @Rama Douglas @Nick McCutcheon @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @enigma35 @HeavyGoing @Marvin Ong @Mushuukyou @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel @Questor @Roll Model @Mike Hanna @Jon Sawa @serfy @swvision @Kimosabi @zentype @ndmcc @Mimir @Josh Morgan@An87ttype @WHEELMAN1 @Tarzan @Jesse Wilson @Marty Backe

I'll be there.

Maybe you could post a Google Map Pin instead? I can't access your Google Drive link.

10 minutes ago, n2eus said:

Does this one work better?

https://goo.gl/maps/1Hm3AEJVa8k

Yes, much better. This is where we met last time too, right? Should be plenty of parking here for the 20 or 30 guys that are going to show up, right?

14 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, much better. This is where we met last time too, right? Should be plenty of parking here for the 20 or 30 guys that are going to show up, right?

Yes , same place.

20 or 30 guys ... good one :D 

If Charlinda is full, there is parking in the shopping center.

9 hours ago, n2eus said:

Join me this Sunday, April 7th, for a 37 miles ride

@n2eusWill there be a location where we can make a pit stop to do a fast charge to get that extra few miles some of us might need ? I have a KS18L.

1 hour ago, Dave U said:

@n2eusWill there be a location where we can make a pit stop to do a fast charge to get that extra few miles some of us might need ? I have a KS18L.

You could always do a partial ride which can still be fun.

2 hours ago, Dave U said:

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You could always do a partial ride which can still be fun.

I’m in the same boat.  I think it is time to upgrade from my V8!  Haha

I have work at 2pm that day, so as long as it's a wrap by 1:20 ish (for me), I can probably make it... Actually I just looked up how far it is from where I'll be working and I guess it may not be the best for me...🤔 I'm a slight maybe...

12 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

I have work at 2pm that day, so as long as it's a wrap by 1:20 ish (for me), I can probably make it... Actually I just looked up how far it is from where I'll be working and I guess it may not be the best for me...🤔 I'm a slight maybe...

You know how these group rides go. It'll probably be a 4-hour ride. Of course you could always ride for a couple of hours and Uber back to your car which will never be more that 4-miles away. Realistically, just ride straight back to your car. Look at the map - the ride is a giant loop. At any point you can take a straight line back to the car.

This goes for anyone else who has a small capacity wheel.

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

You know how these group rides go. It'll probably be a 4-hour ride. Of course you could always ride for a couple of hours and Uber back to your car which will never be more that 4-miles away. Realistically, just ride straight back to your car. Look at the map - the ride is a giant loop. At any point you can take a straight line back to the car.

This goes for anyone else who has a small capacity wheel.

Good call. I work in Manhattan Beach that day so looks to be an hour and change away, so I'll probably join y'all and cut out early...🧠

13 hours ago, Dave U said:

Depending on rider weight, we could do a wheel swap at my house (approx. 29 miles), and swap back later.  MSuper3S+ or Tesla.

Marty's idea works also.

11 hours ago, IRK said:

I’m in the same boat.  I think it is time to upgrade from my V8!  Haha

I think Marty's solution would work, but you would miss the best features in this route.

3 hours ago, Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" said:

Sounds like a good ride and it will be good to see you again.Have not seen you on a group ride in over a year and was starting to think that all those years of radiation exposure had caught up with you.:w00t2:

I think so too :w00t2:

3 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

I really do need to start taking weekends off.  This work thing is interfering with my wheel time!

I like to ride every day, so feel free to PM me and propose a future schedule that works for you.

This goes for anyone else who would prefer another schedule as well.

12 minutes ago, n2eus said:

I like to ride every day, so feel free to PM me and propose a future schedule that works for you.

This goes for anyone else who would prefer another schedule as well.

You can never satisfy everyone's needs, so you just have to schedule rides and enjoy whatever comes from it. Plan the rides that you like, not the other way around. The odds are you'll get a few compatible riders for any given ride that you want to schedule.

This is why sometimes I'll announce a ride on very short notice. I'm going on the ride regardless, but it'll be great if others feel like joining.

It would be great if someday, any given weekend there are multiple public rides announced and we all can pick and choice what we feel like doing that particular day.

I'm trying to decide which wheel to bring; ACM, MSuper, MSX, KS18XL, or the Monster

192229-200.png

Leaning towards the ACM since this is a mostly suburban ride.

I'm rearranging my schedule now, looks like I might make it.  Any stops midway to quick charge my wheel?  Grab a beer? You know, just essentials. 

9 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I'm rearranging my schedule now, looks like I might make it.  Any stops midway to quick charge my wheel?  Grab a beer? You know, just essentials. 

Someone has an EUC ride addiction :)

And someone needs 1600wh

45 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Someone has an EUC ride addiction :)

And someone needs 1600wh

Yes & yes!  Jason already has my downpayment on the 16X 😁

2 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Yes & yes!  Jason already has my downpayment on the 16X 😁

I need to confess, I'm an addict as well. :roflmao: I'm also thinking of putting my order in for that 16X.

2 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Thats how I bought my first wheel. I got my computer out and got to the point where all I had to do is hit the buy button. A few adult beverages later and I had accidentally hit the button. You can imagine my surprise when I got the FedEx notice. :innocent1:

Archived