Speed Reduction Graph, Rider Info Needed

Reviving an old thread with the hopes that some kind person with a lot of knowledge can give us an updated comparison of speed throttling. I find myself doubling back to these charts frequently, and I just wish we were able to see more wheels on ‘em!

I personally think the voltage is an unnecessary higher level of detail. Perhaps the original speed vs battery percent might be easier to put together. 

Edited by Denny Paul

13 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

I personally think the voltage is an unnecessary higher level of detail. Perhaps the original speed vs battery percent might be easier to put together.

If you just want to know at what % your wheel throttles, and how, percentage is fine. But for the "which one is safer/better" fanboy wars, you need voltages;)

16 minutes ago, Denny Paul said:

some kind person with a lot of knowledge can give us an updated comparison of speed throttling

@AtlasPIs this something you could do/would be interested in?

On 4/19/2021 at 10:50 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

@AtlasPIs this something you could do/would be interested in?

I'm flattered you'd think of me :-), but alas this particular information for most wheels does not exist publicly in a form that I would consider anything remotely close to definitive. At most we have marketing claims and the crowdsourced and then blind-repeated claims through the community, with a subset of those perhaps having origins in one-off conversations with/comments by some manufacturers but which have been passed through the most mangled game of 'telephone' (let alone the influences of brand allegiances/biases on that process).

At one point I had tried documenting just the colloquial claims on my table (which wheels/brands supposedly throttled at 50% vs 30% battery, etc), but I found it just too problematic for me to have any confidence over. For example there are some widely held notions of where for example "Gotway wheels" throttle as compared to other brands, but then higher-end Gotway wheels also tended to have larger battery capacities (particularly at the time these beliefs/claims would have been first established and begun being repeated) which is what partially enabled them to work as they did--so does this actually blanket apply to all Gotway wheels or what about the smaller ones? Does the Tesla match the same throttling behavior as an MSX? What about the MCM5? What about the mten3? It's one thing to make the general statement "Gotway wheels work like this", but an entirely different thing for me to try to distill that information into a table where I'm correlating nebulous broad claims to each and every individual make/model, without really being able to confirm how things map/if and where there are edge cases.

So "interested?"--absolutely. But I'm just not sure how this could be achieved to my standards.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 3