KingSong makes a scooter, the N1A, N1B, and N1D

Alien Rides

23 minutes ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hey Kevin... Nice review.

We have been "playing" with the N1-D for the last 7-8 months and can add a couple of comments for you;

It seemed that you were riding with both motors on all the time. While this gives you a huge amount of power, it will absolutely hammer your battery! Once up to speed or going downhill, disengaging the front motor will give you a heap more range!

Also, we have just done possibly the first mod ever on an N1-D, by swapping from off-road to road tyres! Which was actually a little more challenging than was expected...

KS-N1-D_road_tyres

They have a larger diameter, which increases the top speed slightly, but appears to reduce the torque a bit as well (though it has so much power that it doesn't really matter). Also, it now runs almost silently!

We are still working through some testing, but hope to have some photos and video of this shortly!

awesome 7-8months is prime review time!

we need your feedback :)

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Hey Kevin... Nice review.

We have been "playing" with the N1-D for the last 7-8 months and can add a couple of comments for you;

It seemed that you were riding with both motors on all the time. While this gives you a huge amount of power, it will absolutely hammer your battery! Once up to speed or going downhill, disengaging the front motor will give you a heap more range! 

Cool that you've had the scooter for so long!

Yeah, no doubt dual motors will hammer the battery, but that's how I ride all of my scooters, I'm a junkie for the acceleration 😬😅

6 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Also, we have just done possibly the first mod ever on an N1-D, by swapping from off-road to road tyres! Which was actually a little more challenging than was expected... 

Awesome, how do you find the riding compared to the offroad tires? Do you miss them at all?

5 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Awesome, how do you find the riding compared to the offroad tires? Do you miss them at all?

Road tyres make the ride a lot smoother and the more "round" profile makes it handle really well... We need to get some more miles on it to see how it holds out - and we haven't tried it on unsealed surfaces yet either (though I expect it will perform a little worse there now). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice video @Alien Rides!

Is there a reason that you ride with the handlebars slightly lower? You mentioned that there is more control with them higher up, and surely it would be more comfortable for you?

15 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Nice video @Alien Rides!

Is there a reason that you ride with the handlebars slightly lower? You mentioned that there is more control with them higher up, and surely it would be more comfortable for you? 

Thanks! I just used them as it was configured,  I actually forgot to touch on handlebar positions in this video, but it's not as granular as I would like it to be by default, though maybe fixable by drilling another hole in the stem.

From what I have heard though, lower handlebars are actually better for riding  at speed. If you crouch down you lower your center of gravity which is better for control. It is a lot more work and tiring than riding with them higher though.

22 minutes ago, Alien Rides said:

Thanks! I just used them as it was configured,  I actually forgot to touch on handlebar positions in this video, but it's not as granular as I would like it to be by default, though maybe fixable by drilling another hole in the stem.

From what I have heard though, lower handlebars are actually better for riding  at speed. If you crouch down you lower your center of gravity which is better for control. It is a lot more work and tiring than riding with them higher though.

If you are going to crouch down to ride, you should know that the N1-D (and the N1-B) has a seat option... that is what the mounting holes at the back of the deck are for. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 4/2/2019 at 4:11 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Tire changes are the worst.  Also, the DT Spider was actually not bad at all.

9 hours ago, EvoKnvl said:

Tire changes are the worst.  Also, the DT Spider was actually not bad at all.

The replacement tyres we got were so "crushed" from storage that I took them back and asked that they fit them for free or refund them... Fortunately one of the mechanics there felt like a challenge - though afterward he said that it was a lot harder then expected (and they have a high-pressure quick-erlease air tank).

• 1 month later...

I (my wife) has N1B.  I've used the seat mounting holes to mount a rear basket onto it.  That works well.

Some negatives. 1.  The real world range is nowhere near 50km.  My 18L is nearly 100km real world.  The N1B is maybe 40km.

2. The rear brake is a mechanical disc actuating from one side only.  So requires regular and fiddly adjustments to keep it working but not rubbing.

3. The steering is quite stiff.

4. The rear suspension was shipped without any grease in it.  WTF?!

• 2 months later...

Hi sombody else has troubles with this scooter riding in the rain?

mine died after one month and i rode it only once for 20 minutes in mild rain.

the warranty claim was rejected boy kingsong because the motherboard tot wet.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/2/2019 at 5:46 PM, Alien Rides said:

So a lot of people don't know that KingSong made a scooter! There's three models out, N1A, N1B, and N1D (not sure what happened to C). They increase in size and capability from A -> D.

The  N1A felt about the size of a xiomi m365, while the larger N1D was closer to the size of a speedway V/Zero 10X. Overall I think it's a pretty impressive range that they've released all at once and I think they could have a solid future in the scooter game.

I've released a simple riding video on the N1D, and will be releasing a more in-depth review video in the near future.

Driving like that you shuld be fined for alot of money! Thanks to drivers like you all the cyclists and scooter users are in very bad light. i really do hope in this time you got fined atleast few times!

On 12/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, quickbot said:

Driving like that you shuld be fined for alot of money! Thanks to drivers like you all the cyclists and scooter users are in very bad light. i really do hope in this time you got fined atleast few times!

I hope you enjoy being lame!