Factory reset for Inmotion V10F

szaroczek

Hi, guys, I've got a used machine as in the title and I think it's kind'a messed up. For example I set the max. speed to 40 km/h by Inmotion app and the warning sound which was previously there disappeared, yet I still get tilt-back at something like 34 km/h (21 mph). Strangely enough there is no tilt-back setting in the original Inmotion app for some reason... Then in this app there seems to be some other account of some other person with his/her phone nr, some strange data, settings, maps and so on... Then I found my email address assigned to this strange phone number, which is scary! In these circumstances I wonder I'd like to perform a factory reset to completely clear up the whole wheel and have it as a newly born baby. Is there any way to do so? If yes, how to perform it, please?

Edited by szaroczek

6 hours ago, szaroczek said:

I've set the max. speed to 40 km/h on my V10F on the Inmotion app and still get tilt-back at 34 km/h. Is there really no way of getting rid of this pertinacious limitation, indeed...? :huh:

Try changing the ride mode to comfort. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, szaroczek said:

@UniVehje, thank you, I did. No change. Still tilt-back at 34 km/h usually with the aggressive sound alarm... :(

Make sure it actually has been changed to the wheel. Follow the instructions carefully. It can look like it changes but doesn’t. I know there is still a bug that does that in classic mode. Comfort mode should be fine. 

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Follow the instructions carefully.

What exactly do you mean, what kind of instructions do you have in mind? Where are they explained in detail...? What I do is I make the relevant  setting to "maximum speed" and lift up the wheel turning off the engine by pushing the button in the handle and then put it down releasing the button. Of late, to be even more sure, I turn the wheel off and then on again after I make the change in the speed setting - all the time all the same. 

Make sure it actually has been changed to the wheel.

It can look like it changes but doesn’t.

How can I make sure it has actually changed? The setting in the app is now constantly set to 40 km/h and I can see it with my eyes. Could it be not enough to be sure it has changed indeed? What else could I do to be sure it is actually set to 40 km/h for sure...?

I know there is still a bug that does that in classic mode. Comfort mode should be fine. 

... but unfortunately for some reason in my case it is not - I triple-checked it today - in both modes at about 34 km/h I often (but surprisingly not always) get the sound alarm and simultaneously always tilt-back effect at 34 km/h... This is so distressing.

Edited by szaroczek
  • Like 1

better to re-transfer the sounds to V10 then the sound will tell u why tilt-back? sometime is overload, like ride accelerate too faster, or battery have problem can't provide so much power to support motor.

for your problem.
after your finished setting, you can push the handle buttom to make all setting active.

pls let us know if this problem still here.

by the way, better to share your total mile of this EUC with us.

2nd hands EUC have high risk if the old user tread this EUC very bad.

@StyleTang, thank you for your response. However:

On 4/11/2019 at 8:12 AM, StyleTang said:

better to re-transfer the sounds to V10 then the sound will tell u why tilt-back?

I don't really think sound settings have anything to do with my speed-limit problem. Additionally, despite sounds being turned off in my wheel, I occasionally receive this sharp repeated sound alarm when approaching this enchanted 34 km/h speed limit; occasionally, NOT always, however. And this audible warning occurs ONLY when I accelerate really very aggressively. When accelerate gradually I don't receive any sound alarm; just this pertinacious 34 km/h-tilt-back. :unsure: So, I think this sound alarm would indicate the overload problem, not the tilt-back thing.

sometime is overload, like ride accelerate too faster

I weigh 87 kg (192 lbs), which is not that much I guess. I got a friend who weighs 100 kg (220 lbs) and does not experience anything similar to what I do with his speed-limit. He easily reaches 40 km/h anytime he wishes. Then, should it be the overload issue here it could be happening OCCASIONALLY  when accelerating very fast, going against wind, up a hill, or with some really big load in your back-pack. And it  would happen at different speeds, wouldn't it? In my case it happens ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS ant the VERY SAME speed of 34 km/h: no more, no less, and regardless of the amount of load I carry on my back, the mode of acceleration I perform at the moment, the kind of surface I ride on, and wind conditions. So, I firmly conclude, most probably there is absolutely nothing in the "overload" sphere of my wheel's performance which is causing my wheel to tilt back at 34 km/h.

or battery have problem can't provide so much power to support motor.

battery seems to be in a very good condition. The tilt-back problem occurs at the empty battery as well as at the full battery. And again, should it be the poor battery problem, the tilt-back would appear at different speeds giving different battery charging levels and different riding conditions - this is not my case, however, there is ALWAYS 34 km/h limit - ALWAYS!

after your finished setting, you can push the handle buttom to make all setting active.

I always do. Recently, to be sure the changed settings get active I even got my wheel turned off totally and then on again; all the same - no positive effect.

by the way, better to share your total mile of this EUC with us.

It is about 2.300 km in total.

pls let us know if this problem still here.

Well, sadly bad news here, the problem is still there... And just to be sure, in the light of my experiences, which I've described above the problem in my humble opinion have NOTHING to do with any overload or battery protection limitations; it looks like this is just the max. speed locked at the certain speed of 34 km/h. So, to have this wheel go to its maximum total speed authorized this is the very speed-limit which has to be unlocked some way. The question remains: how?

Edited by szaroczek

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, szaroczek said:

@StyleTang, thank you for your response. However:

I don't really think sound settings have anything to do with my speed-limit problem

Probably it doesn't, but if you assign completely different sounds to the limits, then you might be able to guess what causes the tiltback. For example record "fiuuufiuuuuuu" to "overload" and if it tilts and say the same, then you would suspect overload/battery problem :)

• 1 year later...