Private message limitations

Apparently I am only able to send two messages in a day. I'm sure you have some spam problems. Can we perhaps implement some form of human verification of accounts instead of imposing very strict limitations?

• 2 weeks later...

It's because you're new. This limitation is not for bots, but for real people attempting to solicit to members on this forum. A human verification would not work against that. Take a look at the introduction page and view the rules as well.

Also, if you took a few minutes to just scroll down this page you will see that there are many many posts already available that you can look at without needing to create your own to ask the same question that's been asked. It will save you time to read what has already been posted rather than waiting over a week for someone to respond to you with answers that are available just below your own post. Just a thought. 

Edited by Esper
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Darek Łuba said:

to ADMIN - i can''t send any mesages.. why??

I'm not new one, i'm here since copule of months so.. .what is the reason?

One needs some minimum post count and reputation - the time since registration does not matter.

Imo yours should be about ok by now - i gave you some likes. Just the software system needs some time, to switch the permissions?

Inbetween you can also use the notification function, to get some members attention. That's accomplished with the @. There has to be a space before this sign. If one types this a dropdown list of the members appears - one can type the first letters of the name to limit the list. Then choose the wanted name from the dropdown box. If everything worked out the members name after the @ is shown with a blue background and one can click on this name and the link gets one to the members profile page:

@Darek Łuba 

Another way to get a member notified is to (partially) quote one of his posts.

• 2 months later...

I have been a member for a little while and been posting quite regularly but still unable to send any messages. yes i have read the intro page but assumed i would be able to send a message by now.

is this an error or can you tell me what i need to do???

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

I have been a member for a little while and been posting quite regularly but still unable to send any messages. yes i have read the intro page but assumed i would be able to send a message by now.

is this an error or can you tell me what i need to do???

You Need About 2-3 positive reputations….which i just gave to you.

Log out and log in again...then you should be able to PM...latest on next day!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, US69 said:

You Need About 2-3 positive reputations….which i just gave to you.

Log out and log in again...then you should be able to PM...latest on next day!

I gave you a like too, so you should be good now ;) (see above)

• Like 1