Tired of the Gotway Nonsense - I'm Moving to KingSong Bigtime

Marty Backe

Going to be interesting how this thread develops.

Just out of curiosity how did that EUC shelves building go?

Either way this goes I hope you get a fleet of wheels you like.

• Like 1

Nice!  I must say that you had me wondering what happened to you  until nearly through the post. I must be slowing down in my old age. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sketch said:

No way!!!!!  I don’t buy it.

So you choose Kingsong too? 😉

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Thus post has come a long way.

Winter 2019

Bob, sometimes you are King of the non sequitur :)

• Like 1

I counted 7 out of 10 Gotway wheels in your signature; it must have taken a lot for you to make that call.

What was the issue that finally tipped the balance for you? I have been thinking about getting a Monster but am wary about their build quality for some time. Since ninbot is also out this leaves KingSong last man standing? yikes. 

• Like 1

@Marty Backe I  told you that ypu need to buy 2 of each. One to show at @Marty Backe museum of EUCs and on to ride/rent out to visitors. Maybe a 3rd gor spare parts...😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I know this will come as a surprise to some of you, but I'm burned out on Gotway. Their perpetual sloppiness in manufacturing and non-responsiveness to community feedback has finally convinced me that KingSong is the only way to go from here on out.

Fortunately I have the KS14S and KS18XL. I'm going to buy two KS16X's and will outfit one of them with a knobby tire. This will allow be to sell my two ACM2's (what a relief to finally dump these turds).

Hoping that 2019 will be the year that KingSong releases a Monster killer, then I can get rid of the Monster too.

I'll probably keep my remaining Gotway wheels, mostly to loan out to visiting riders from out of town.

Sorry to disappoint my fellow Gotway wheel owners, but I have to be honest to the community.

🤔🤔 isn't today April 1st? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This will allow be to sell my two ACM2's (what a relief to finally dump these turds).

was the giveaway. That. Can't. Possibly. Happen.

• Like 1

Surely this photo is strongest evidence that either Mr. Backe is pulling one over on us, in keeping with the April 1st tradition, or may be experimenting with some local Californian botanical pharmacopoeia. 

Crime scene: Saturday March 30th; is that a Tesla rooted to your foot? 

IMG_1304

Edited by Jason McNeil
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Mono said:

was the giveaway. That. Can't. Possibly. Happen.

You win. I had to throw some statement in there that would not make any sense even if the others were half-truths :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Surely this photo is strongest evidence that either Mr. Backe is pulling one over on us, in keeping with the April 1st tradition, or may be experimenting with the local Californian botanical pharmacopoeia. 

Crime scene: Saturday March 30th; is that a Tesla rooted to your foot? 

IMG_1304

Jason has a good eye for discerning wheel types even in crappy lighting conditions :thumbup:

47 minutes ago, who_the said:

Oh really? Too bad, maybe the 60 mph, 118 volt, 2750wh Monster 2 that Gotway just announced over on Weibo will change your mind:

Gotway Monster 2 announcement and 60-mph video clip

You got me man! Although I knew it wasn't true, I thought it was going to be a related video.

:roflmao:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsiang said:

I counted 7 out of 10 Gotway wheels in your signature; it must have taken a lot for you to make that call.

What was the issue that finally tipped the balance for you? I have been thinking about getting a Monster but am wary about their build quality for some time. Since ninbot is also out this leaves KingSong last man standing? yikes. 

Did I catch one folks? :laughbounce2:

• Like 1