Electric Unicylce for extra heavy/big people

Alex N

1 hour ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

It isn't appropriate for me to advertise on the forum (other than in the appropriate places). I don't want to get banned.

Awesome work!!!

Just think how awesome it would have been if Marty had been able to bail in that dry spot between the two "slime pools"? @Marty Backe - you need to practice this and then video it!

I don't think a simple acknowledgement (yea,nay) to a question like this would get you banned. I think it's perfectly acceptable to respond to one-off product questions. You just don't want to post out-of-the-blue topics related to products that you are selling.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Alex N said:

Hi Guys!

You're all very entertaining and helpful indeed !!

Stephen, I'm chuffed re offer (how does Sunday 31/01 morning/evening sound like) ? 

KS18XL is sold by SpeedyFeet for £2200 ($3000), notwithstanding the fact that I can probably offshore the funds from my Hawk's watchful eye £ - but do you think I should splash $3K on first time wheel which will be my guinea wheel for use & abuse or perhaps something cheap until I'm confident? Also, Rockytop - which guard do you recommend can you send me a link?

Hey, it's a well known fact that we like to spend other people's money :efefd0f676:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The crazy thing is that you almost managed to recover from the slide!
Worst of all though is how you landed on your outstretched left arm even though you rolled out of it soon after impact.
I guess we just hold on to things instinctively. Like people falling with a beer in their hand.
Was your shoulder okay after the fall? I know it was the Tesla incident that caused you to hurt your shoulder.

I was on some muddy trails today. The mud wasn't that bad though. For everything else the tire has been great. 1400km and I can't even see any wear.

I had zero injuries from this fall. I think it was because of the built-in roll due to the turn that I was in. I think the wristguards played an important role here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I had zero injuries from this fall. I think it was because of the built-in roll due to the turn that I was in. I think the wristguards played an important role here.

And your knee pads.  After your right foot slips out on the slime, your left foot tries to make up for it, followed by a pretty substantial whack to the left knee.  You weren't going that fast, but this just goes to show that even in a low speed fall ones joints can take an unexpected bash.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I think this requires an in depth analysis. How about if you were to practice drifting?
I must say though... the MSX tire is amazingly bad on mud and goo.
This *sport* is still young though. Just a matter of time!

I did some crop and slow mo on the vid. It's unlisted on my channel.

I am regularly drifting on loose ground and it is quite surprising how far one can go without falling. It's (much) more difficult on sealed surfaces, but it looks like Marty was pretty close to have saved it, so it would be difficult for me to say that it's impossible. I don't practice on sealed surfaces, it's just a little too unpredictable (and hard) to be a good practice ground, IMHO.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Smoother said:

And your knee pads.  After your right foot slips out on the slime, your left foot tries to make up for it, followed by a pretty substantial whack to the left knee.  You weren't going that fast, but this just goes to show that even in a low speed fall ones joints can take an unexpected bash.

You're right, now I can see my knee impacting the ground. I do agree that knees pads are very important and have saved my knees many times.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're right, now I can see my knee impacting the ground. I do agree that knees pads are very important and have saved my knees many times.

In all the excitement you probably didn't even notice your knee going down, but without pads you may still be feeling the effects, yea pads :clap3:

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Heres a start,

buy a piece of crap if ur learning,because its gonna get dropped,scratched and beat up.Learn to mount and ride it and then think of where u want to ride and what u want to do with it. See if

u still love it and buy youself a full face helmet,some flexmeter hand guards,knee and elbow protection and then make a decision. Then ur hooked suckerrrr!

ps

And don't leave the receipt of how much u paid for the new shiny EUC on the kitchen table for the wife to find as all that safety gear wont protect u from your wifes wrath and your own stupidity.

• Like 1