18XL + iOS app

Rino

Hi all :)

Upgraded from V5F to 18XL this weekend. Smooth & nimble and almost not notice it's weight while driving, but damn heavy lifting down/up stairs...

Anyway, Kingsong iOS app.... Which one? There are two in the app store: 1) "kingsong_NEW", 2) "kingsong-NEW" (notice the - and _ difference). Not sure which one the manual mentions (think it was No. 2 here), but I downloaded that one and had problems signing up (found other threads about that too). I eventually downloaded the other one and managed to unlock the wheel with that one. That one doesn't say there are a new firmware, while the other one says there are one (but at this point I'm reluctant to update). I ended up using DarknessBot for speed settings/alarms as I could not get it set in Kingsongs app.

Anyway, which is the correct app? (mainly for firmware, calibration, speed settings, etc)

@US69

11 hours ago, Rino said:

Hi all :)

Upgraded from V5F to 18XL this weekend. Smooth & nimble and almost not notice it's weight while driving, but damn heavy lifting down/up stairs...

Anyway, Kingsong iOS app.... Which one? There are two in the app store: 1) "kingsong_NEW", 2) "kingsong-NEW" (notice the - and _ difference). Not sure which one the manual mentions (think it was No. 2 here), but I downloaded that one and had problems signing up (found other threads about that too). I eventually downloaded the other one and managed to unlock the wheel with that one. That one doesn't say there are a new firmware, while the other one says there are one (but at this point I'm reluctant to update). I ended up using DarknessBot for speed settings/alarms as I could not get it set in Kingsongs app.

Anyway, which is the correct app? (mainly for firmware, calibration, speed settings, etc)

@US69

KingSong_New is the new one :-)

Congrats to your new wheel...thats a real jump from 14inch to 18...some people are sometimes frustrated because of losing the agileness and ninblefactor of a 14inch?!

On the old app new logins are no longer possible...and also FW upgrade are only possible on the new one.

You can only do speed settings after updating the firmware. The new firmware version is mostly for getting the communication of new wheeltypes to the new KS app code right. So you wont need the FW update, when you allread have set the speed on DarknessBot.

12 hours ago, Rino said:

The one with the blue background is the new one.

Congrats! I'm jealous by the way, I'm waiting for the April-15th eWheel shipment to get my KS18XL.

Edited by erk1024
added text

thx :) other one now deleted.

Strange they don't mark the discontinued as "Discontinued"...  Should be something inside that app that says it's discontinued, and please download new one (and a 'click' button to go to app store for download).