Going from 18” to 16”. Your thoughts?

JSUN

So now that i’m getting the hang of riding my KS18XL. My ninebot e+ doesn’t feel as enjoyable to ride anymore. Does anyone else feel that way? It’s mainly because it just doesn’t absorb the shocks and the bumps as well as the bigger wheel. Clearance on it is lower, so it’s easier to scrape the ground. Of course there’s the speed limit. 

Is this common for most people that have more than one wheel? So my thought is that it would be pointless to own a second or third wheel if u just want to ride one particular wheel most if not all the time. 

Yes.

It's not as much the bigger wheel diameter, it's the tire width that affects shocks/bumps. 

This is a big reason why I sold my MCM5 2.125" thin wheel: because I no longer want to sacrifice comfort and impact absorption. I will only go now minimum 2.5" wide in pothole NYC streets, so am willing to wait for the first wider 14" wheel to fill my compact EUC void, as every wheel I own will ideally offer something unique and different, so it doesn't go unused for long.

thats because the ninebot is a piece of junk relative to current euc's.. 18 inchers are cruising wheels for most people, or for riding trails.. while a 16" or 14" wheel would be considered for most people a daily commuter, or fun wheel.. its all up to personal preference of course, but you dont have a good reference point.. moving from the e+ to literally anything else current will make the ninebot not feel enjoyable anymore lol. the great majority of people who use only one wheel, use a 16" wheel.. it is the most popular size by a long shot, because it is comfortably in the middle.. it doesnt excel at anything in particular that another size cant, but it is the best all around size, it can be used for anything, and is portable enough, fast enough, stable enough etc.. i think if you were to swap it out for a more modern wheel 16s, tesla, MCM5, even a V8, you would find it would go great along side the XL and there would be plenty of times where you would prefer to be using the smaller wheel

edit btw, the reason your ninebot feels so bad in comparison besides the obvious puny motor and battery, is the particularly low pedals.. compared to current euc's they are laughably low, and also the very small 16" tire... the tire is a true 16" but very slim at 1.95 compared to the usual 16-17" x  2.125-2.5.. all of these factors combined make for an extremely skiddish, slow, and short ride.. i think you owe it to yourself to try to find a good 16" wheel to give a ride (i dont mean go out and buy one brand new right now haha).. i think your sentiments would change

51 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

@Rywokast LOL, it's one of the best we had 3-4 years ago! 

i know haha i remember that time.. i got on it and was like man this thing is so fast and powerful, i love it! now im like eh its a pos xD

4 hours ago, JSUN said:

So now that i’m getting the hang of riding my KS18XL. My ninebot e+ doesn’t feel as enjoyable to ride anymore. Does anyone else feel that way? It’s mainly because it just doesn’t absorb the shocks and the bumps as well as the bigger wheel. Clearance on it is lower, so it’s easier to scrape the ground. Of course there’s the speed limit. 

Is this common for most people that have more than one wheel? So my thought is that it would be pointless to own a second or third wheel if u just want to ride one particular wheel most if not all the time. 

I used my ninebot c+ and abused it for the first few weeks of my learning journey.  But I agree with @Rywokast, it is a POS compared to the higher end EUC's.  Once I went to a KS16, I immediately knew just like you that the ninebot was shit.  Good for initial learning, nothing more.  I would also argue that it isn't as good a wheel to learn on since I was learning much quicker on the KS16.

35 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I used my ninebot c+ and abused it for the first few weeks of my learning journey.  But I agree with @Rywokast, it is a POS compared to the higher end EUC's.  Once I went to a KS16, I immediately knew just like you that the ninebot was shit.  Good for initial learning, nothing more.  I would also argue that it isn't as good a wheel to learn on since I was learning much quicker on the KS16.

its only merit is it can take one hell of a beating haha.. but yea, also ditched that shiz the millisecond i stepped on my first KS

Archived