Flyboy10

EUC BodyGuard Review

On 3/31/2019 at 5:53 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Here is a somewhat comprehensive review of the EUC Bodyguard from Roll.nz aka @The Fat Unicyclist

Fantastic review!!!

I am really envy, would love to have one, too :-)

@The Fat Unicyclist Wow! What an amount of detail! And as a diver i know how much work goes into stitching neopren!

4 hours ago, US69 said:

@The Fat Unicyclist Wow! What an amount of detail! And as a diver i know how much work goes into stitching neopren!

You are quite right @US69, the assembly of these is not an easy thing. The detail that @Flyboy10 shows about this is great, and we bind them this way, not just for looks but for strength too. The outer layer is also a reinforced material (to ensure they can take the beatings that you maniac EUC riders will throw at it) making it even more challenging to assemble.

I am so fortunate to have a team of skilled hobbits who are able to design and manufacture such an awesome product!

4 hours ago, kasenutty said:

They do look pretty good. 

Only "pretty good"!!! 

With such an understated response I am starting to suspect you might be a Kiwi???   

Have you noticed the speakers being less loud do to the cover somewhat covering up the speaker holes? 

13 hours ago, Jason Patrick said:

Have you noticed the speakers being less loud do to the cover somewhat covering up the speaker holes? 

Maybe but it's negligible. Just turn the volume up more. :thumbup:

On 10/25/2019 at 3:22 AM, Jason Patrick said:

We have added cut-outs for the speakers, to minimise any "muting" effect. But we have noticed slight changes for some models...

For the 16S in particular, the side pads keep the Bodyguard away from the speaker holes on the shell. This actually has a positive effect, noticably boosting the base !

On other models we haven't noticed any significant difference.