EUC BodyGuard Review

FlyboyEUC

On 3/31/2019 at 5:53 PM, Flyboy10 said:

Here is a somewhat comprehensive review of the EUC Bodyguard from Roll.nz aka @The Fat Unicyclist

Fantastic review!!!

I am really envy, would love to have one, too :-)

@The Fat Unicyclist Wow! What an amount of detail! And as a diver i know how much work goes into stitching neopren!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, US69 said:

@The Fat Unicyclist Wow! What an amount of detail! And as a diver i know how much work goes into stitching neopren!

You are quite right @US69, the assembly of these is not an easy thing. The detail that @Flyboy10 shows about this is great, and we bind them this way, not just for looks but for strength too. The outer layer is also a reinforced material (to ensure they can take the beatings that you maniac EUC riders will throw at it) making it even more challenging to assemble.

I am so fortunate to have a team of skilled hobbits who are able to design and manufacture such an awesome product!

4 hours ago, kasenutty said:

They do look pretty good. 

Only "pretty good"!!! 

With such an understated response I am starting to suspect you might be a Kiwi???   

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
13 hours ago, Jason Patrick said:

Have you noticed the speakers being less loud do to the cover somewhat covering up the speaker holes? 

Maybe but it's negligible. Just turn the volume up more. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 3:22 AM, Jason Patrick said:

Have you noticed the speakers being less loud do to the cover somewhat covering up the speaker holes? 

We have added cut-outs for the speakers, to minimise any "muting" effect. But we have noticed slight changes for some models...

For the 16S in particular, the side pads keep the Bodyguard away from the speaker holes on the shell. This actually has a positive effect, noticably boosting the base !

On other models we haven't noticed any significant difference.

• 5 months later...

I’m using this bodyguard with a Kingsong 18XL and I have absolutely no problem with fabric overreach on the mudguard and all the light holes correspond perfectly with the lights on the wheel. I’m a total newbie and that bodyguard has lately taken a lot of skidding on both asphalt and concrete without any scuffs or marks on the bodyguard. I’m more than satisfied with this product ... bulletproof!!

My KS16X i have black bodyguard not hold good under pedals this "pockets" not hold good. Always slip and little block pedals to open easy this make wear damage to bodyguard.

Side efect is not visible both "red brake lights". I can manualy fix pocket but always after some miles slip off again. Overall is good product i clean it vacum cleaner and save my many 16x scratches.

I try DIY solutions to hold pockets best is both side stick tape not permanet after dust ruin stickines of tape pocket slips again.

Just if you use euc bodyguard you no have rear red led brakes be full visible propably anymore.

All is based on my personal experience i ride 970Km with this cover. 

Edited by DjPanJan

@Stillhart 

Hi, I hope your liking your new Nikola! I just love riding it, its super fun.

I wanted make you aware of a possible long term issue with the Nikola EUC Bodyguard cover. On one side of mine, there was very noticeable wear on the material that holds the cover on the bottom of the wheel. The main cause of this ,is the plastic piece at the bottom of the wheel is very sharp . I did a couple things, one ,I sanded down the plastic so it is smoother and two, I put some vinyl tape on the material to give it added strength . 

Let me know if you have had any wear issues. The other side had no problems.

thumbnail_IMG_5479.jpg.318a58c99bcd2a2de3d9c9c178987479.jpgthumbnail_IMG_5478.jpg.c47d1218134dee7084d519bb477f2453.jpg

• Like 2

I got my bodyguard with my KS18xl from eWheels. It is snug against the body and the attachment points is pretty nice. I was expecting velcro was needed under the foot pedals like the inmotion official cover. The speaker hole isn't exactly in place as much as I tried, but doesn't matter to much. The beep is loud enough. 

49 minutes ago, Waulnut said:

I got my bodyguard with my KS18xl from eWheels. It is snug against the body and the attachment points is pretty nice. I was expecting velcro was needed under the foot pedals like the inmotion official cover. The speaker hole isn't exactly in place as much as I tried, but doesn't matter to much. The beep is loud enough. 

Jason at eWheels tells me that the manufacturer no longers uses velcro under the pedals.  I've had my Bodyguard for about two weeks and I have not had any problem with the cover coming off at the corners.

Bruce

Edited by PennBruce

• 1 month later...

I just received one for my MSP and cannot for the life of me get it to stay on, I can flex it over the corners but the kevlar  pockets just pop right off if you breathe on it wrong, much less take it out and ride it, what the heck am I doing wrong here? I went thru this with one for my 16x and ended up just using duct tape, don't want to have to do that again...

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

I just received one for my MSP and cannot for the life of me get it to stay on, I can flex it over the corners but the kevlar  pockets just pop right.....

Contact the manufacturer for assistance, @The Fat Unicyclist

Bruce

On 6/15/2020 at 8:51 PM, RetroThruster said:

I just received one for my MSP and cannot for the life of me get it to stay on, I can flex it over the corners but the kevlar  pockets just pop right off if you breathe on it wrong, much less take it out and ride it, what the heck am I doing wrong here? I went thru this with one for my 16x and ended up just using duct tape, don't want to have to do that again...

Kevin got me sorted!! I failed to get the pockets around the pointy corners of the shell under the pedals, works perfectly and looks pretty jazzy I might add:)

5cIH4S6.jpg

• Like 1