Inmotion V10F - speed tunning

szaroczek

Hello, friends! :) Of late I got a V10F - I think this is a wonderful machine except... I'm not a true fan of its factory top speed of 40 km/h (25 mph). After all, I guess it features the same engine's power as is applied for example to Gotway MSuper X - 2000 W - yet Gotway's vehicle can successfully scud with much higher speed. Then I got a hint someone of you managed to hack the V10F and coax it to be... a little faster, say 45 (28 mph)...? I tried to find a relevant topic here but I failed. Any suggestion in this matter, please? ;)

Edited by szaroczek
  • Like 1

While I'm not an expert on the subject, I think "hacking" your wheel to go faster than the designers think is safe is a recipe for disaster.

I haven't tried it yet, but personally, I think going 40 km/h would scare me.

Edited by Cruiser
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cruiser said:

I haven't tried it yet, but personally, I think going 40 km/h would scare me.

Only few months ago I was trying my friend's Inmotion V10F and for the same reason couldn't have reached its maximum speed. Now, after riding Gotway MSX for few weeks, 40 km/h seems to me like a toy-wheel for children; every few second I get speed limit alarm and tilt-back... :rolleyes: 

4 hours ago, Cruiser said:

I think "hacking" your wheel to go faster than the designers think is safe is a recipe for disaster.

So do I, except when you understand an electric wheel's specifics and now how and when you can do certain things. ;)

• Like 1

Guys, I got a suggestion Darknessbot app might do the job of pushing V10F's speed limit to 28 mph (45 km/h). Two questions regarding this concept:

1. Does any of you have this experience of getting 28 mph on his V10F with this Darknessbot app?

2. Can this Darknessbot app work on Andriod-run device?

5 hours ago, szaroczek said:

Guys, I got a suggestion Darknessbot app might do the job of pushing V10F's speed limit to 28 mph (45 km/h). Two questions regarding this concept:

1. Does any of you have this experience of getting 28 mph on his V10F with this Darknessbot app?

2. Can this Darknessbot app work on Andriod-run device?

Hi - 

IMHO the wheel is made to go a certain speed.  InMotion, for better and for worse, has always put safety first at the expense of performance.  It's sort of what you sign up for when you buy one of their wheels.

Okay - now that the disclaimer is done...  Yes, Darknessbot does have a feature that enables the V10F to go 28mph and it does work on Android.  It's also free, so you can try it at your leisure.  I used Darknessbot a couple of times but found the connection to the wheel was very spotty.  It would only hold the signal intermittently.  I'm using an iPhone X, so you may have a different result.

25 minutes ago, LZMutant said:

Okay - now that the disclaimer is done...

That's great! I love it, man! :roflmao:

it does work on Android

Where do I get this stuff for Android from because playstore doesn't have it and all I get online is this web-site: < https://android-apk.net/app/darknessbot/1108403878/ > yet it seems like there is no any kind of link for installation nor download...? :mellow:

Yes, Darknessbot does have a feature that enables the V10F to go 28mph. I used Darknessbot a couple of times but found the connection to the wheel was very spotty.  It would only hold the signal intermittently.

How about I "correct" my maximum speed to 28 mph with beloved Darknessbot and then turn this app off and switch, say, to the original Inmotion app. Would my newly obtained max. 28 mph speed stay on my V10F or would it be reset back to the original 25 mph? 

Edited by szaroczek

@LZMutant, I've got it confirmed there is no Android version of Darknessbot: 

But then I got another idea and I wonder what you think off it: how about I have someone with iOS phone and the Darknessbot on it who would connect via bluetooth with my V10F and set the max. speed to 28 mph; would this setting stay once he disconnects and I connect back with my wheel with my android phone and a regular Inmotion app? :efef2e0fff:

8 hours ago, szaroczek said:

@LZMutant, I've got it confirmed there is no Android version of Darknessbot: 

But then I got another idea and I wonder what you think off it: how about I have someone with iOS phone and the Darknessbot on it who would connect via bluetooth with my V10F and set the max. speed to 28 mph; would this setting stay once he disconnects and I connect back with my wheel with my android phone and a regular Inmotion app? :efef2e0fff:

Good grief I'm so sorry - I thought everything was available in Android...  "Wheelog," which is supposed to be a great tracking program, is only available in Android and not on iPhone...

To your question, I suppose its worth a try.  I don't know if the speed adjustment is related to the app being available during the ride or not.  When I used Darknessbot with my V10F I also set the speed at 28mph, but since my top speed ever is about 23 I never really tested it.

Good luck if you try!

• 5 weeks later...

Dear friends - V10F riders - I got a big and serious question to all of you: has any of you, after setting the speed-limit of your V10F to 45 km/h (29 mph) with the iOS app Darknessbot, EVER ridden this wheel with THAT very speed, or is it only a pure myth and a sweet daydream some of us, like for example myself, just fantasize about without any real chance of achieving?

Edited by szaroczek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, szaroczek said:

Dear friends - V10F riders - I got a big and serious question to all of you: has any of you, after setting the speed-limit of your V10F to 45 km/h (29 mph) with the iOS app Darknessbot, EVER ridden this wheel with THAT very speed, or is it only a pure myth and a sweet daydream some of us, like for example myself, just fantasize about without any real chance of achieving?

I have not tried to reach that but i think my fastest has been about 43 km/h. Basically no wheel can be ridden at the maximum as the tiltback would be on already. Also, you can probably reach 45 only at 85+% battery. 

@UniVehje, thank you for your feedback. So, close, yet not exactly. 

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Basically no wheel can be ridden at the maximum as the tiltback would be on already.

Well, to my personal experience that wouldn't be exactly true. I got Gotway MSX beast in addition and its tilt-back begins EXACTLY at the speed I'd establish for it; at the moment I got it set at 47 km/h, which is maximum Gotway software allows and my impression is the tilt-back would NOT begin even at 45 km/h... 

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Also, you can probably reach 45 only at 85+% battery

But it's never happened to you, hasn't it...? By the way, do you mind if I ask how much you weigh?

I wonder if someone else got in real at 45 km/h with his/her V10F... :efefd8a002:

1 hour ago, szaroczek said:

But it's never happened to you, hasn't it...? By the way, do you mind if I ask how much you weigh?

I wonder if someone else got in real at 45 km/h with his/her V10F... :efefd8a002:

75 kg with equipment. I never tried to reach top speed with speedometer after the first try on 80% battery. That one time I ran out of road and saw 43 but I never got to trying it again. 

• 2 weeks later...