18XL top speed firmware update?

Asphalt

3 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Gotway’s tiltback is nice and gradual imo, but I also wish it decreased with battery percentage. Ideally, the wheel would use the app to notify you when the beeper was sounding. Even after installing a second beeper in my ACM2, it still isn’t loud enough. I’ve been thinking of mounting the beeper externally or somehow adding hardware that sends a bluetooth signal when the beeper is sounding. 

There is a special WheelLog version with voice alerts added. You can use it with Bluetooth earphones (eg. off-ear, bone conduction Aftershokz Trekz for unaltered situational awareness) and you will get notified about your speed etc. and get all alarms instantly. No wind or other noise will interfere with it.

25 minutes ago, Seba said:

There is a special WheelLog version with voice alerts added. You can use it with Bluetooth earphones (eg. off-ear, bone conduction Aftershokz Trekz for unaltered situational awareness) and you will get notified about your speed etc. and get all alarms instantly. No wind or other noise will interfere with it.

is this only sending alerts/voice alerts for the alarms you have set in the app? (like the speed alarm 1, 2, & 3 under the alarm settings section in wheellog)

Ie: It doesn't echo/forward the the beeper alarms direct from the wheel to the phone.

Or have you added the feature so that when the wheels beeper goes off wheellog sends an alert?  I thought the data sent over Bluetooth didn't incorporate what the wheel was beeping for, like it doesn't say whether the beep is due to a 80% motor power or whether the beep is just due to successful connection or if the beep was due to very low battery?

30 minutes ago, Seba said:

Cool! I might give it a try, though the vibration alerts have been working fine for me. I know this isn't possible via an app (without some hardware modification), but I was talking about some sort of solution that depended on whether or not the beeper was sounding, which would account for all battery levels/speeds, and reduced top speeds while going up hills. I'm sure there are other speed demons like me who are always riding the beep, and speed-based or battery-based alerts can't perfectly account for the variability of that 80% motor power beep.

If I'm misunderstanding though, and you have found a way to tell when the beeper is beeping, then great! If not, that's fine too. Nice work on that mod regardless, I'm sure it will help a lot of people out.

• Upvote 1

On 3/31/2019 at 3:52 AM, Rywokast said:

... you can look up plenty of videos of people going 55+ on their MSX'.. and you can also look up people cutting out at those speeds too lol.. try to find any video of a ks18 cutting out :p

My KS18XL cut out on me before the "Overpowered" warning. I don't have video since it was an impromptu drag race with a sport bike. I do have a broken rib as evidence of the cut out, CAT scans and x-rays.

The cut out failure mode needs a solution as well as the 45° cut out. I don't think these are insurmountable tasks. Alarms, warnings, and vibrations are nice, but we should strive for a softer failure mode (perhaps even graceful) helicopters can land with without power, but it felt like the Jesus nut broke when the KS18XL crashed out from under me.

I'm still riding though, broken rib and all. 👍

It looks like there is at least one Apple Watch app that you can set speed limits and get an alarm when you exceed it. I'm guess you could switch between vibration and an audible alarm (typical for Apple devices) I don't know if you could feel the vibration through a set of wrist guards. @Seba had a great suggestion about getting audio through bone conduction!

Have to see what the accuracy is like though. Wheellog talks to the wheel directly.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smart-gps-speedometer/id711323002#?platform=appleWatch

Edited by erk1024
referenced seba's info

8 hours ago, Uno Solo said:

My KS18XL cut out on me before the "Overpowered" warning. I don't have video since it was an impromptu drag race with a sport bike. I do have a broken rib as evidence of the cut out, CAT scans and x-rays.

The cut out failure mode needs a solution as well as the 45° cut out. I don't think these are insurmountable tasks. Alarms, warnings, and vibrations are nice, but we should strive for a softer failure mode (perhaps even graceful) helicopters can land with without power, but it felt like the Jesus nut broke when the KS18XL crashed out from under me.

I'm still riding though, broken rib and all. 👍

how the hell did you manage to get that to cut out? i cant even make my 16s cut out on low battery lol... that sounds painful

On 4/6/2019 at 11:54 PM, Rywokast said:

how the hell did you manage to get that to cut out? i cant even make my 16s cut out on low battery lol... that sounds painful

I gripped the wheel with my calves for stability and additional forward torque leverage. This way I can apply instant and controlled full throttle acceleration. I have been presented with the audio "Overpowered" warnings in the past and eased up on the torque. That time I put so much enthusiasm into the takeoff, the wheel didn't even get to blurt out "Overpowered".

On 4/6/2019 at 6:10 PM, Uno Solo said:

My KS18XL cut out on me

I could not stop myself...

One day we will hear 6000W motors and 10000Wh batteries and  "It cut out on me!"   :innocent1:  Just kidding -_-

Sorry to hear that you got hurt.

Edited by pico
corr

On 4/2/2019 at 7:40 AM, Rywokast said:

its too bad wheellog doesnt let you configure tiltback based on battery level

There is no way to configure battery-dependent tiltback with WheelLog because it's purely wheel setting. But there are three speed alarms that can be configured to be dependent on battery level.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uno Solo said:

I gripped the wheel with my calves for stability and additional forward torque leverage. This way I can apply instant and controlled full throttle acceleration. I have been presented with the audio "Overpowered" warnings in the past and eased up on the torque. That time I put so much enthusiasm into the takeoff, the wheel didn't even get to blurt out "Overpowered".

yikes

On 4/8/2019 at 8:22 AM, pico said:

I could not stop myself...

One day we will hear 6000W motors and 10000Wh batteries and  "It cut out on me!"   :innocent1:  Just kidding -_-

Sorry to hear that you got hurt

Sign me up.

No egrets!!

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure why the KingSong app allows you to set the top speed to 60km/h (I'm hoping they're planning on releasing a wheel capable of this), but I'm pretty sure the app reverts back to 50km/h when you restart the app and reconnect to your wheel. The firmware on the 18XL has a limit of 50km/h.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

erk1024: I that you have it form about one month ....

could you please tell me if speed unlock comes automatically after first 200km are done or I sould do something manualy in kingsong app to unlock speed 

On 6/9/2019 at 8:09 AM, Meserias said:

erk1024: I that you have it form about one month ....

could you please tell me if speed unlock comes automatically after first 200km are done or I sould do something manualy in kingsong app to unlock speed 

You have to unlock it in KS official app. (create an account and unlock your speed limit)

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, Topkek said:

I set it to 60km/h in the speed settings and and it saved it.  Even says limit speed 60km/h at the top of the info screen.

pics or it didn't happen, firmware hard limit is 50 it's impossible to set it to 60 even if it might say that the lame app is probably just glitched out lol

I'm confirming that yesterday afternoon I was able to create an valid account with my KingSong app...using email verification.

This time everything went well.

the version it's 3.1.1

• Upvote 1