Griffith Park Ride - Perfect for Newbies

Marty Backe

1 minute ago, Dzlchef said:

How does your "Hope to see you there", Maybe Someday Member, and Active Member rating system work?   I never liked being a maybe :) 

I divided the list up just to help me. There are people that I've invited for years that have never come. Maybe I'm trying to guilt them into showing up :)

There - I've moved you into the Active Members. Does that mean you'll be there :efefd0f676:

34 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I divided the list up just to help me. There are people that I've invited for years that have never come. Maybe I'm trying to guilt them into showing up :)

There - I've moved you into the Active Members. Does that mean you'll be there :efefd0f676:

Since I'm now active, I feel like I have to show up!   I'll be there, thanks for making arrangements.  I love riding through Griffith and will always jump at the chance if available.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Your scheduled rides always look fantastic! Enjoy! Someday I hope to participate

That would be cool. If you ever do make it out West you know you'll have a wheel to ride :)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That would be cool. If you ever do make it out West you know you'll have a wheel to ride :)

Thanks for offering me the use of a wheel. That would make planning a trip to your location much easier. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Thanks for offering me the use of a wheel. That would make planning a trip to your location much easier. 

I think it goes without saying that you'd have a wheel. The least I can do for the use of a socket - an inside joke at this point :)  I'll even let you pick the wheel.

35 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Super bummed I'm out of town. My son and I are looking forward to joining you all on a group ride soon. 

Your little guy on the Mten3 :confused1:

Yeah, it's been a long time since we've ridden together :(

yeah, the kid should be featured on a Gotway commercial with the stats he's pulling. He can climb steeper hills faster and get about 1.5x the range of me on my MCM5 800w. We can leave out the fact he is only 49 lbs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Looking like you guys had a great time like always. I'll be waiting for the video. I almost made it to this one but the timing was off a bit. Marty can you please post your group rides a bit sooner so i don't engage in other plans. Thanks..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave U said:

Looking like you guys had a great time like always. I'll be waiting for the video. I almost made it to this one but the timing was off a bit. Marty can you please post your group rides a bit sooner so i don't engage in other plans. Thanks..

I didn't shoot any video for this ride. Sorry, but sometimes I plan spur of the moment rides and post in case anyone wants to join me.

Most invitees never attend a ride so I no longer plan with the hopes anyone will join me. Whether I plan a ride a month or two days in advance, we get about the same attendance.

Hope to catch you in a ride some time down the road. 

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Most invitees never attend a ride

man, now I feel guilty :), I hope to join up on one of your group rides over summer.  When classes are in session I'm just too slammed between my poor time management and all the work, hopefully things will be calmer in july.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I didn't shoot any video for this ride. Sorry, but sometimes I plan spur of the moment rides and post in case anyone wants to join me.

Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. I see a few onewheels joined. I was under the impression you always shot video on your rides.

Sometimes it’s just nice to ride and not have  to come home and spend hours editing through all of the moments. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves. I see a few onewheels joined. I was under the impression you always shot video on your rides.

Sometimes it’s just nice to ride and not have  to come home and spend hours editing through all of the moments. 

I setup this specifically for the Onewheelers - I coordinated via their Facebook page. It was only going to be me but then decided to post here in case someone else wanted to join in.

The majority of my rides I do not film. Like you say, it's nice to be fully free while riding :D

I am so sorry I missed this one :( For some reason I didn't get a notification even though I was tagged! I will be more vigilant for the next one! Thank you for the invite :) It looked like an awesome ride!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ando Melkonyan said:

Well here is that video @Dave U. Took me a while to upload it but its finally up 

Thanks for posting Ando - fun to view this ride again. I posted it to the Onewheel Facebook page too so they can enjoy it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Thanks for posting Ando - fun to view this ride again. I posted it to the Onewheel Facebook page too so they can enjoy it.

Ando, I also want to thank you! great video looks like Marty had a chance to finally relax and not record. I like the way you left it real with the  little mishap.

Edited by Dave U
  • Like 2