LUTALO'S WRAPPED KS18XL

Lutalo

NICE!  I'm hesitant to ask what original project required an almost "hot Pink" wrap :blink1:

You're going to be really pissed the first time you drop it.

I wouldn't go into any rough neighborhoods riding that. A friend of mine had a pink Cadillac and two red necks wanted to kick his ass because of it.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 3

Looks awesome, @Lutalo!! I've been wanting to paint a design and put it on my wheel, but I have no idea how yall do this, haha. Id mess up so badly, then scuff it in a fall day 1

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, seage said:

Looks awesome, @Lutalo!! I've been wanting to paint a design and put it on my wheel, but I have no idea how yall do this, haha. Id mess up so badly, then scuff it in a fall day 1

Paint's not a bad idea because if you scratch it you can touch it up.

21 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I wouldnt be traditionally painting it. Id digitally paint, then print it on whatever is used for these wraps. Then putting it on as a skin. 

• Like 2

Applying wrap decently is without doubt a highly skilled job. I think you did pretty well!

I have had a few bits done on my cars over the years, some of which I thought would be impossible to do (tight, compound curves etc such as wing mirrors) but the guys managed it. Very impressive. Sometimes (with smaller pieces) its just a matter of heating up the wrap then applying it with force, with multiple hands if necessary, to 'form' it over the part. You dont get time to dick around when doing this, nor is there room for error. I admire the guys that are at the top of their wrapping game, especially when some of the vinyls are expensive like you say.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

NICE!  I'm hesitant to ask what original project required an almost "hot Pink" wrap :blink1:

I wouldn't go into any rough neighborhoods riding that. A friend of mine had a pink Cadillac and two red necks wanted to kick his ass because of it.

:D The photo lighting does sort of make it look somewhat pinkish. Pink? Me? Hellllll to da nah? :D

It actually looks more like a blood red in person, but satin finish can catch light in such a way that the color shade effect appears slightly different. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scubadragosan said:

"Hot pink"... "Red" neck... have some qualities in common!? :)

@Smoother mentioned the hot pink look also. Trust me it's just bad photography. It's actually more dark red. It's a chrome satin finish so I suppose the lighting can effect how it appears. I will takeore photos with different lighting so that you guys can see the real color. :)👍

Edited by Lutalo

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

Pink must be a trigger color for them. :w00t2:

1 hour ago, seage said:

:) if you wrap it. Just buy more than you need. That way you can easily replace any damaged vinyl resulting from a fall. It's much better that a fall mar your vinyl wrap finish than your shell finish ☺👍

1 hour ago, seage said:

I wouldnt be traditionally painting it. Id digitally paint, then print it on whatever is used for these wraps. Then putting it on as a skin. 

Very cool idea. I might be hitting you up for my next wrap :D

3 hours ago, Smoother said:

You are probably right. However I will take consolation in the fact that I can just peel off the bad sections and replace them with fresh vinyl. ;)👍

1 hour ago, Smoother said:

I agree @seage. If you are a skilled painter then go for it. I suck at painting; I would mess up the finish. Vinyl is a safer bet for me because even if you do a mediocre application you can't mess up the finish; that part is already done for you.

I would like to become better at painting though. I might take a class on it at the local community college. 

Edited by Lutalo

1 hour ago, Planemo said:

Applying wrap decently is without doubt a highly skilled job. I think you did pretty well!

I have had a few bits done on my cars over the years, some of which I thought would be impossible to do (tight, compound curves etc such as wing mirrors) but the guys managed it. Very impressive. Sometimes (with smaller pieces) its just a matter of heating up the wrap then applying it with force, with multiple hands if necessary, to 'form' it over the part. You dont get time to dick around when doing this, nor is there room for error. I admire the guys that are at the top of their wrapping game, especially when some of the vinyls are expensive like you say.

Absolutely right. Some of those corners I two and three-pieced could have been with one piece of I had three people; two pulling and one hitting the vinyl with my heat gun. This is the reason I am gonna Rewrap the shell cap. I wanna recruit some extra hands first. :)👍

@seage and @Lutalo have a look at this way to apply a paint motive...

It should be possible to do on any outer shell part.

Btw awesome job @Lutalo on the wrapping.

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Unventor said:

@seage and @Lutalo have a look at this way to apply a paint motive...

It should be possible to do on any outer shell part.

Btw awesome job @Lutalo on the wrapping.

Thanks dude appreciate it.

I want to try the water transfer technique on one of my shells eventually. I have to look around and see who does it locally. 

The heat doesnt shrink it, it just makes it very, very pliable. Too pliable if you dont have enough hands! It can also tear pretty easy too though, hence the skill needed to juggle heat, force and location of application points. Oh, and all at the right time as well!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

So, guys. Attached is a more true-color photo. Its seems it's the way that my phone camera catches the light that gives off that pinkish hue. Played with some room lighting and took another photo. 

IMG_20190327_150057.jpg

All it's missing now is a Corvette sticker on each side.  Then you will truly have a #little red corvette#

• Like 1

Just now, Smoother said:

All it's missing now is a Corvette sticker on each side.  Then you will truly have a #little red corvette#

I was thinking a bust sketch of me, but a corvette sticker works. :D

• Like 1