Kingsong New app issue with speed limits

Fabrice Durand

Hi all, 

Few days ago i downloaded the new kingsong app on Google Play Store, the new one with the blue background. 

After several try, i achieved to register and login. 

I have issue to change the speed limits, I can't confirm the changes. Click on confirm does nothing. I tried with 2 different phones but same issue. 

Any help is welcome. 

Regards 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fabrice Durand said:

Hi all, 

Few days ago i downloaded the new kingsong app on Google Play Store, the new one with the blue background. 

I have issue to change the speed limits, I can't confirm the changes. Click on confirm does nothing. I tried with 2 different phones but same issue. 

Any help is welcome. 

Regards 

Use the Orange App if you still have access to it. Never upgrade until you are sure the bugs are worked out.  Use Darknessbot if you need to change speeds, and the official app is still not working for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fabrice Durand said:

Hi all, 

Any help is welcome. 

Regards 

Yeah, it's a pain in the arse. I had that issue too. Had to use the old (orange) app, as Smoother suggested. Unless I want to change wheel settings that I con only change with the KS app, I avoid it at all costs. I try the newest app every now and again (once a month at most), but keep a backup of the (older) KS apps that have worked for me in the past. If you need them, let me know and I'll upload them and post the link :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fabrice Durand said:

Hi all, 

Any help is welcome. 

Regards 

I had the following advise from Tina from KS:

To make the Speed Setting work, several Wheel type before had to do a Firmware Update.

(Due to different working Code in the new app)

After the Firmware upgrade (Wheel will be still on the same Firmware number) the Speed Setting should work.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, US69 said:

To make the Speed Setting work, several Wheel type before had to do a Firmware Update.

After the Firmware upgrade (Wheel will be still on the same Firmware number) the Speed Setting should work.

Well, i achieved to change my speed setting by downloading and using the old version, the orange one. I will wait a bit before firmware upgrade. By the way my wheel is a ks16s 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Fabrice Durand said:

Ok if you still have the orange app. I would appreciate it if you give the link to download it. 

Thanks 

Regards 

Just to make sure...since you mentioned the Play Store, you need the Android version right? (BTW, wasn't aware the app was available on the play store)

Edited by travsformation

8 hours ago, Smoother said:

Use the Orange App if you still have access to it. Never upgrade until you are sure the bugs are worked out.  Use Darknessbot if you need to change speeds, and the official app is still not working for you.

Yup. I've literally turned my app on like 3 times since early on when having issues, and once was by accident. Best to steer clear of the app, and def don't "upgrade" the app until it's proven to be a functional one. Like@Smoother said, a smoother 😜 running app is best and usually the new ones have some issues...

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, US69 said:

What kind of nonsense is this? Upgrading firmware without getting an upgraded number?  That violates all the rules (some of the rules one rule) of electronic record keeping.  How is someone supposed to diagnose anything if two versions of the same firmware have the same number? Ridiculous!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Smoother said:

What kind of nonsense is this? Upgrading firmware without getting an upgraded number?  That violates all the rules (some of the rules one rule) of electronic record keeping.  How is someone supposed to diagnose anything if two versions of the same firmware have the same number? Ridiculous!

Cant disagree on that....

Had my eyebrows raised a bit when i heared that.

But at least the whole firmware update process has been upgraded, so that you cant get stuck anymore.

And also: This is a one time solution ...... 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fabrice Durand said:

Well, i achieved to change my speed setting by downloading and using the old version, the orange one. I will wait a bit before firmware upgrade. By the way my wheel is a ks16s 

Ooops, looks like I'm late. Glad you were able to solve the problem!

I had this problem to change and confirm speed limits in new King Song app. I ride KS-18L, after Firmware upgrade (1.11>1.12) speed limits works fine. Also firmware version shown in all apps (previous KS app, new KS app, WheelLog) changed and it is reported now as 1.12. I was pleasantly surprised, because previously I also heard (as you said here) that firmware version (reported by apps) will not change. If you don't believe me) you can look at screenshots in my post here: 

Edited by Giovanni
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2019 at 5:54 PM, US69 said:

I have a Kingsong 18XL. I have only used the Kingsong app with blue screen downloaded from Google Play. I started by doing a firmware upgrade of the wheel. The app has worked very good and all available settings seems to work as intended. I have not noticed any problems with it so far (only had the wheel about 2-3 weeks).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/31/2019 at 12:41 PM, Enthusiast said:

I have a Kingsong 18XL. I have only used the Kingsong app with blue screen downloaded from Google Play. I started by doing a firmware upgrade of the wheel. The app has worked very good and all available settings seems to work as intended. I have not noticed any problems with it so far (only had the wheel about 2-3 weeks).

I've had nothing but trouble with it. Not to mention terrible battery drain. Am green with envy!!! ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/1/2019 at 10:30 AM, Benjo said:

Hey, 

So I'm having the same issue with changing the speed limit. I have the blue interface app. Does any one have a link to the older orange interface app? 🙏🙏

Try one of these: