What's the motivation for the 16X

erk1024

Hey All,

(I ordered a Kingsong 18XL, but I have to wait for the next shipment to eWheels... so no EUC experience yet)

So I'm curious what you think the motivation behind the 16X is? It seems like the manufacturers were going for larger wheels, like the 18's, and now they've both gone for 16's. Why?

Discussion seems to indicate the 18's are more high-speed cruising wheels and the 16's are more nimble and better for climbing? So are they just filling out their stables with wheels? It seems like the 22" Gotway ... was too big and not maneuverable enough?

14, 16, 18, and larger and smaller wheels all have their purposes. Gotway and KingSong are simply in the middle of refreshing their existing 16-inch models, just as Ford, GM, etc. are always refreshing their trucks, cars, etc.

Whether the Gotway 22-inch or 10-inch wheels exist has no bearing on the other wheels being made. Hopefully the Monster or some variant will be selling 10-years from now.

Personally, the 16S always felt a bit small to me, however I am guessing most of their customer base is fine with a 16" wheel. Add the bigger tire, battery, various HW, SW and FW improvements, and you call that....progress. :)

Archived