Increasing the max speed of V10 from 40km/h to 45km/h using the app DarknessBot can damage the hardware?

It will damage the hardware (and you) if you crash because you overstressed the wheel due to a disabled safety mechanism.

Otherwise, probably not. But I would never "unlock" a higher speed on a EUC, the top speed limit is there for a reason.

I agree with @meepmeepmayer. The manufacturer set that limitation for a reason, and in my experience, Inmotion builds solid wheels with very well-tuned firmware. I wouldn't tamper with it, the chances of a cut-out at 45 km/h are high, and you DON'T want to faceplant at that speed... :wacko:

Personally, I don't think those extra 5 km/h are worth the risk.

I have a Ninebot E+ that I modded the software on using MRN76'S Ninetool.

Now it does 16 instead of 12 mph. Works flawlessly, I hit bumps, jumps, everything and never cut off, knock on wood.

Never pushed the limits with a low battery though.

But hey some people have fun just tooting around, and some people crave the adrenaline rush from pushing the limit. 

Be a boring world if we were all the same

57 minutes ago, Ericnfla said:

I have a Ninebot E+ that I modded the software on using MRN76'S Ninetool.

Now it does 16 instead of 12 mph. Works flawlessly, I hit bumps, jumps, everything and never cut off, knock on wood.

Never pushed the limits with a low battery though.

But hey some people have fun just tooting around, and some people crave the adrenaline rush from pushing the limit. 

Be a boring world if we were all the same

Same. Works like a charm and for me it is exactly what the Ninebot One E+ should have been.

I can push it as much as I want it just pushes me back. I weigh 65kg though.

If I had a V10 and felt it was too slow and wanted to get some more "fun" from it I would probably end up unlocking it as well. But I would dress accordingly and then try it extensively and collect data.

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Key quote:) You lighter riders can get away with so much.

<-- range envy

After having two of my 90kg friends do a nose dive on my OneWheel I always make extra sure to point out the importance of weight!

I doubt they could dive on my MSX but I bet they could on the NB1! :roflmao:

Yeah range is decent at 65kg (closer to 70kg riding weight) but the cold negates any gains from that haha. It will be interesting to see how far I can go this summer!

Not just cutouts, but higher speed means more amps.   How many amps you pull through wires, connectors, the traces on the board, and components means heat, heat means stress.  Stress may mean earlier or unforeseen failure.  

Archived