Video- MCM4 light variations

so sad that they have spent their development time into this gadget instead of a headlight that can actually illuminate the surface ahead. A missing headlight is most likely a deal-breaker for my next EUC.

so sad that they have spent their development time into this gadget instead of a headlight that can actually illuminate the surface ahead. A missing headlight is most likely a deal-breaker for my next EUC.

I'll admit, I think it's pretty neat! I don't ever ride at night so it doesn't really bother me that it doesn't have a proper headlight, although it's a little curious that they don't have that as a lighting option.

Diodes that are blinking or doing other crazy stuff is a downside if you ask me.

Here a my preference list considering light

• Front light and rear light, front light should be powerfull enough to illuminate the road in front of you.
  • No light
  • blinking horror.

I mean this to such an extent that before I saw this, the mcm4 was a option in my mind for my next wheel...

Diodes that are blinking or doing other crazy stuff is a downside if you ask me.

• Front light and rear light, front light should be powerfull enough to illuminate the road in front of you.
  • No light
  • blinking horror.

I mean this to such an extent that before I saw this, the mcm4 was a option in my mind for my next wheel...

I agree that a "path-illluminating" light would be great. However wouldn't it drag too much from the battery? Perhaps built into the higher capacity models is best. I know there are mods you can do to install such lights yourself but I hear its quite the job as you have to convert the voltage.

I would like to see more vid's of the actual unit in action. If the blinking lights does what I think it does, then it can light a continuous spinning wheel which would look real cool, like the tron bike

In the meantime, I would recommend head lamps (used for camping). ppl will call you ironman tho so be forewarned lol

• No light
  • blinking horror.

on a positive note: blinking horror still gives a little bit of safety at night, so I would still prefer this option (as option) to nothing. 

I agree that a "path-illluminating" light would be great. However wouldn't it drag too much from the battery?

No. Very bright bicycle lights can run on quite small batteries and drain less than 3W, while the typical drain from EUC driving is at least 100W. To have this huge energy source to operate the light practically for free is what makes it so ridiculous to not include it in the design.

With the chance to be free hands on a wheel, my preference is definitely for a torch lamp in one of my hands, with all the permitted settings of this solution !

I wonder why you would want to give up the free hands privilege and how many hours or what distance have you already driven an EUC with a torch in your hands?

Is this product realeased yet I heard it was spose to be October  but havnt seen any confirmation that it's released yet

There's a few sites that have pre-orders available but I haven't heard of anyone that actually has one yet. They were originally supposed to ship at the end of September. 

yes but it was delayed. First wheels will be shipped on 10 of october

that's barring any setbacks. for your sake and others, i hope they really do ship out then - maybe Gotway has their sh** together better than IPS?

I like that the lights are bright.  Lights that are not bright aren't lights at all.  I thought I read there is a headlights function, but it may just be the same light but not animated.

Lights can be turned off too.

Also in many videos/pics the black on the sides seem to get scraped on the edges (might need protection).  And the side leg pads are just on top, you can see the seam and also in the parts blow-up view the pads seem to be indicated - hopefully it's soft.

Archived