It's been a week since ... (learning progress)

Guest PogArt Artur

5 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I get zonked all the time, sometimes twice per day on the weekends :D 

:roflmao:Hey! can you wheel "zonked"

5 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

Can I say if I'm tired -> I'm derailed or zonked?

Would it means te same ? 

Ehh? no not really, Zonked is (English) slang for really tired, same for pooped, knackered, wiped out, shattered,  spent, and probably 10 more I can't remember at this time.

Derailed, is mostly used for (literally) a train accident, or something like this thread, which has got off track.  However with creative language you could use derail to express extreme tiredness, but it would have  to be a carefully crafted sentence, and would go over the heads of some people in your audience.  English is a very adaptable language with lots of room for innuendo ( @kasenutty 's example, for one) If your sentence makes sense almost any creative word will fit. (I'm not fluent in any other languages, so these traits may exist in other languages too)

For example, take this sentence:

"that trail was so tough, by the time I got home I was absolutely shattered."

to a native speaker (in England) you could say this

"that trail was so tough, by the time I got home I was absolutely Borised." I'm pretty sure no one has ever uttered that sentence before.

Whether or not your audience knows of Boris Johnson (former comical Mayor of London and one time Prime Minister candidate, known for his "just got out of bed" hair do ) they will understand what you meant because you already mentioned that the trail was tough, so extreme tiredness is already implied.  Borised is just a little colourful flourish. But, it's generally best to stick to the customary words, for simplicity.

10 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

I'm very pleased to hear that Smoother!

I was told it's not any proper exercise,none comparable to cycling or jogging...

Thanks to you Stephen and Smoother I know I was told wrong.

Thanks ;)

I can tell you it is exercise....but it workes different to a gym. 

I am sure by now you know you feel tired as your mind and body are full at work trying to figure out the balance and how to maintain control.

As you get to ride a bit longer you start to feel the muscles in feet and lower legs are not used to standing mostly static for so long.

Next step is going trail riding, then you know that you need to force the wheel uphill and constand catch the balance on the the tail. 

You then get to a point were to learn new riding skills, like ambidextrous step up on wheel and backwards riding and other "tricks". You will find this is yet again a new mind and balance skill from step 1.

When you get a new wheel you need to learn thats new wheels performance and balance.

Guest PogArt Artur
29 minutes ago, Smoother said:

:roflmao:Hey! can you wheel "zonked"

Ehh? no not really, Zonked is (English) slang for really tired, same for pooped, knackered, wiped out, shattered,  spent, and probably 10 more I can't remember at this time.

Derailed, is mostly used for (literally) a train accident, or something like this thread, which has got off track.  However with creative language you could use derail to express extreme tiredness, but it would have  to be a carefully crafted sentence, and would go over the heads of some people in your audience.  English is a very adaptable language with lots of room for innuendo ( @kasenutty 's example, for one) If your sentence makes sense almost any creative word will fit. (I'm not fluent in any other languages, so these traits may exist in other languages too)

For example, take this sentence:

"that trail was so tough, by the time I got home I was absolutely shattered."

to a native speaker (in England) you could say this

"that trail was so tough, by the time I got home I was absolutely Borised." I'm pretty sure no one has ever uttered that sentence before.

Whether or not your audience knows of Boris Johnson (former comical Mayor of London and one time Prime Minister candidate, known for his "just got out of bed" hair do ) they will understand what you meant because you already mentioned that the trail was tough, so extreme tiredness is already implied.  Borised is just a little colourful flourish. But, it's generally best to stick to the customary words, for simplicity.

I'm not sure if you aware,but your explanations are great lecture!

I shall confess,my question was meant to trigger you reply it  ;)

Thanks!

Because of the slang words you've kindly provided, I can see how rich language English is!

There's so many different ways of expressing the present mood ;)

I like what you've said about crafting the sentence properly.

This is where I will lose every time,because I came to this country 15 years ago,I'm 47, what means there's an empty 32years gap difficult to be filled up.

I'm talking about the "Borised" for example ;)

How could I know there was somebody like Boris Johnson, and what he was ;)

I must leave with the language weakness unfortunately.

Yes, I'm trying improving , but it's not any easy, as new words if not used passing away...

I hope you don't mind me asking such questions, at least you haven't mention any fee so far - that's good , lol  ;)

Thanks again - joy to read it!

Guest PogArt Artur
35 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I can tell you it is exercise....but it workes different to a gym. 

I am sure by now you know you feel tired as your mind and body are full at work trying to figure out the balance and how to maintain control.

As you get to ride a bit longer you start to feel the muscles in feet and lower legs are not used to standing mostly static for so long.

Next step is going trail riding, then you know that you need to force the wheel uphill and constand catch the balance on the the tail. 

You then get to a point were to learn new riding skills, like ambidextrous step up on wheel and backwards riding and other "tricks". You will find this is yet again a new mind and balance skill from step 1.

When you get a new wheel you need to learn thats new wheels performance and balance.

Thanks @Unventor.

I'm just starting to understand the riding EUC better, thanks to talking to you and  the others.

For sure I'm coming home sweat after my outside practice...

I can imagine how it's like, the whole riding experience, and off road must be totally wiping out (trying to get new slang used @Smoother) :)

I also can imagine,that's getting used to the new wheel must take some practice too,just to get used to new device...

Thank you @Unventor.

8 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

For sure I'm coming home sweat after my outside practice

So how you doing on your outside practice are you ready for a run out yet😊i know a few places , i wouldn't rush things just have a doodle😊

@PogArt Artur no worries.

It is always a pleasure to help others in the starting proces of learning to ride an EUC.

I am fairly sure that someone as challanged as me could learn to ride, then most would be able to. It is all.about motivation and practice.

As for filming. I suggest you set up some place where you can set fown cera safe. Meaning none steals it from you. Then after a little practice going back and forth the start filming. Do that next time and next time.

When you get home review the differences from each time What you might not feel as a massive improvement will show on camera though. Sometimes it helps a lot seeing from 3 person view.

It is about geting the brain to understand the input and feedback from the wheel.

2 months from now you will laugh big time of your clips you recorded.

Note @Marty Backe have a great list of youtupe clips of when he learned to ride backwards. It is an good example of the above. He is great talking about what is going on and what he does going through the brain programming this new reverse riding skill.

Guest PogArt Artur
6 hours ago, stephen said:

So how you doing on your outside practice are you ready for a run out yet😊i know a few places , i wouldn't rush things just have a doodle😊

I just have read your "free run" invitation @stephen hahahaaa ;)

You've made my day, and have made my eyes wide opened too :)(I woke up 4:00am, and I'm driving the bus half conscious yet) :)

I'd say... ... ... maybe ask that question next year? :)

Lol :)

But seriously @stephen , atm I'm managing (after some warming up) to go throughout my asphalt driveway freely (as you already know it's not more than about 10 meters long...).

My riding skill is a child's first walking steps alike.., I can set off,then looking for some objects (bin,the gate,wooden pole) to get support in case of "emergency" :)

I'm going to start practicing on Lady Hill Park (Allerton Rd.) I bet you know that place,as it's near by BRI  :)

But not just yet.

Yesterday for example, something wasn't going just right...?

I could ride towards the gate fluently, but I were struggling back way?!

The more I've tried, the more frustrated I got...

I were practicing "back way" for many many times, until I could do it at every each time without losing balance.

The throughout way is slightly curved, so going towards the gate,the curve is bending left, on back way it's opposite.

I guess my problem was to bend right while rolling,to fit through the gap,which is the corner of the house and the wooden pole (panel).

Once I get comfortable at both ways, the next step will be removing the supporting bins, and push my limits to go that distance without them.

If I can do so, I'm going to start practicing on Lady Hill Park :)  

So I doubt I can make you a good companion any soon @stephen... 

Guest PogArt Artur
12 hours ago, Unventor said:

@PogArt Artur no worries.

It is always a pleasure to help others in the starting proces of learning to ride an EUC.

I am fairly sure that someone as challanged as me could learn to ride, then most would be able to. It is all.about motivation and practice.

As for filming. I suggest you set up some place where you can set fown cera safe. Meaning none steals it from you. Then after a little practice going back and forth the start filming. Do that next time and next time.

When you get home review the differences from each time What you might not feel as a massive improvement will show on camera though. Sometimes it helps a lot seeing from 3 person view.

It is about geting the brain to understand the input and feedback from the wheel.

2 months from now you will laugh big time of your clips you recorded.

Note @Marty Backe have a great list of youtupe clips of when he learned to ride backwards. It is an good example of the above. He is great talking about what is going on and what he does going through the brain programming this new reverse riding skill.

Thank you  ;)

I am thinking to record my "break dance",just to share on the forum  ;)

It might be fun seeing it...

As you advised, it may give feedback for myself too.

Thank you.

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, stephen said:

10 months ago i was the same 😊

Are you kidding me @stephen?

Is it ONLY 10 mths since you've started, and you riding Z10 already???

I bet I won't be able go out my gate until next year :)

PS.; How did you share that video pls?

I could't figure it out... (see my new post)

7 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

Are you kidding me @stephen?

Is it ONLY 10 mths since you've started, and you riding Z10 already???

I bet I won't be able go out my gate until next year :)

PS.; How did you share that video pls?

I could't figure it out... (see my new post)

You will find at some point it just clicks and then it becomes much easier and you dare to do more and pling it feels like 2nd nature or an extension of your body.

It just feels awesome and you start to go places you probably wouldn't have gone to before. 

Guest PogArt Artur
1 minute ago, Unventor said:

You will find at some point it just clicks and then it becomes much easier and you dare to do more and pling it feels like 2nd nature or an extension of your body.

It just feels awesome and you start to go places you probably wouldn't have gone to before. 

Unfortunately I can't sense that yet...

Few other members did mention the same, but you know :)

I just don't know how it is ...

All I'm trying is - not too fall too soon , LOL :)

Thanks for support!

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

On Point!

Its just that before the “click”...it feels like “hell, will i ever get that?”

But yeah...there will be the time it gets second nature :-) 

Guest PogArt Artur
2 minutes ago, US69 said:

On Point!

Its just that before the “click”...it feels like “hell, will i ever get that?”

But yeah...there will be the time it gets second nature :-) 

Cheers :)

I'm waiting for !

:):):)

1 minute ago, PogArt Artur said:

Unfortunately I can't sense that yet...

Few other members did mention the same, but you know :)

I just don't know how it is ...

All I'm trying is - not too fall too soon , LOL :)

Thanks for support!

I have one tip for you...this is scarry but here goes.

Go to a big open space. Have something you can use as markers or I forgot the word but those things kids uses yo write on tarmac or concrete to one-leged hopping games.

Now the exercise is to go from one place as far ad you can amd then step down. Mark it and go/ride back to start. Then turn around and now the target is to go further.

After a few attempts you see you slowly go further and further and it becomes more consistent.

Going as you fo now you focus going to a safe thing so brain is focused on that rather how to catch your balance. 

To catch balance you turn the wherl in the direction to where you are loosing balance. Just as on a bicycle, the sliwer you go the this is, so you need to get up 8-15kmh then it becomes easier. That is why you need a big open space.

Guest PogArt Artur
1 minute ago, Unventor said:

I have one tip for you...this is scarry but here goes.

Go to a big open space. Have something you can use as markers or I forgot the word but those things kids uses yo write on tarmac or concrete to one-leged hopping games.

Now the exercise is to go from one place as far ad you can amd then step down. Mark it and go/ride back to start. Then turn around and now the target is to go further.

After a few attempts you see you slowly go further and further and it becomes more consistent.

Going as you fo now you focus going to a safe thing so brain is focused on that rather how to catch your balance. 

To catch balance you turn the wherl in the direction to where you are loosing balance. Just as on a bicycle, the sliwer you go the this is, so you need to get up 8-15kmh then it becomes easier. That is why you need a big open space.

You're totally right.

My driveway is giving me sense of safety,with all those bins and other objects around...

It was't as safe when I went out for the first time...

I felt safe in my kitchen...

So going on my driveway I've pushed the limits in my mind ...

Now from driveway I will go to the local park - to push the limits again, and this is when I'll practice to go freely, totally outside of my safe zone :)

I'm just doing so in my own pace dear friend.

Just listening to my mind and body, and I'm pushing my limits when I feel it's about the right time :)

Thanks !

Archived