It's been a week since ... (learning progress)

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Hi dear friends...

Many of you are familiar with my EUC adventure already.

I feel like it was a month,but it's about a week only since I've started my EUC learning curve.

My very first tries I've done on the kitchen floor, holding at anything I could grab to avoid falling off the wheel ;)

I were moving along the kitchen towards living room, turning back there, and again to the kitchen...

That was for about four sessions,at every another session I felt a little bit encouraged and confident,sensing the balance better,going freely for a bit longer, before I had to hold on to the furniture.

Two days ago I felt it's time to leave the kitchen and go outside.

I knew that I need more room to practice,but I don't feel comfy enough to go for a local park show off yet :)

I want to feel relaxed and simply to know what I'm doing,before I go on public place...

So two days ago I've placed three rubbish bins opposite the house's wall, making kind of tunnel,so in case of emergency I could avoid falling off by grabbing one of the bins or the wall...

IMG_22032019_082804_(1000_x_1000_pixel).thumb.jpg.06fc88a090cba770ebcb48bff85a4b3a.jpg

This is about the same length as the kitchen floor, but I could go around those bins (supported slalom), achieving more speed,etc.

At the end of this session I could go freely through that distance in straight line,making turning point at the wooden pole (look right corner).

I tried to push myself to go farther,past that wooden pole is parked my car..,where I could support the balance in emergency,but on the opposite of the car there's no nothing to hold on to, so I was scared to push the limits - if you know I mean...

Yesterday I went for it!

I have moved those bins, I've placed them on the other side for emergency support ...

IMG_24032019_101441_(750_x_1000_pixel).thumb.jpg.0f4d75d7126854b4123363e6e72d1626.jpg

Yesterday the first steps were very uneven, regardless the previous session...

I moved the two bins far away, so without them I felt unsecure,so the very first moves I did holding on the wall to get used to the rolling again...

But after a while I have started feeling more confident with my balance,so I were brave to ride from the first bin - past the wooden pole (panel) - and hold on to the middle bin ;)

Very shaking because of what I've done,I started coming back and forth to the middle bin...

Yesterday I pushed my limits ;)

After some runs there and back, I went to the last bin, just next to the gate!

And back, and again, and so on...

Until I felt brave enough to made it to the gate!!!

As you can see it's not straight riding line at all, that distance is making me to balance to make my way next to the bins,and back...

The worst part yesterday was to make it setting off the gate...

I had to go on the curve to pass the car, go next to the bins and to finish at the side of the house (the first bin).

I've had fewer scary situations losing balance,but thanks to those bins and the car on my sides , I managed not to fall.

I know I need to fall to get that experience of falling.., but so far I hadn't fall even once yet...

Maybe I'm just a way too careful?

I think I'm very proud seeing the progress so far..?

I know I'm learning slow,mostly because of my unsuitable working hours,and not having time to practice more often, but in one week time and fewer of sessions,where only the latest two were outside, I became capable of riding the distance mentioned above...

It's around 10 metres...

Not much, but at least something ;)

Thank you for reading the beginner's story tale :)

PS.;
I went this morning for roller skiing at the local park,that I'm about to practice EUC later...
To be honest I gave up roller skiing few years ago,can't tell the reason to be honest,just have lost of interest kind off? 
I used to jogging and walking so the roller skiing was meant to let me replace the jogging...
Unfortunately I found skiing not as easy as I thought previously,and not any good for commuting regarding the long sharp ended poles in the public,between the cars and the people...
So I had stopped practicing then...
Now I think it's good to start roller skiing again,as for commuting I will use the EUC,which is not proper exercise that you could compare to the jogging or walking...
So this is why I decided to start practice it again this morning,to keep good cardio level ;)

IMG_24032019_140719_(1000_x_500_pixel).jpg.a3036e1ebbe5684a68db8dfb4d4fd8fb.jpg

Hi @PogArt Artur glad to hear you are figuring it out! I am also new to euc and have been practicing a couple of weeks with the last week clicking in nice. In the past two days I have been able to do about 3miles at the park mostly stopping because my dominant leg (right) lower muscles on the side were aching something fierce. I am positive that will go away in time and just this morning was able to return home from the end of park all in one go even crossing train tracks. :D 

Looking forward to seeing your future updates!

Guest PogArt Artur
3 hours ago, prasket said:

Hi @PogArt Artur glad to hear you are figuring it out! I am also new to euc and have been practicing a couple of weeks with the last week clicking in nice. In the past two days I have been able to do about 3miles at the park mostly stopping because my dominant leg (right) lower muscles on the side were aching something fierce. I am positive that will go away in time and just this morning was able to return home from the end of park all in one go even crossing train tracks. :D 

Looking forward to seeing your future updates!

Thank you for sharing!

Well done you!

As you know I'm at the very beginning challenges ;)

I hope to get there,where you already are ;)

The feeling must be amazing to made all that ride back home,isn't it?

Wow  ;)

Congratulation!

You deserve it ;)

Guest PogArt Artur
3 hours ago, pico said:

20 months ago you would have had good company! Have a laugh at my expense. Cheers!

beginning.gif.96d96d9e09413b808ed88208e937afbc.gif

Is it you pico?

I'm not after laughing at anyone...

We all trying our best, not for anyone,but ourselves  ;)

If above it's you,then I like the poles idea ;)

I were going to use the poles too, but so far - I haven't  ;)

Best regards!

Guest PogArt Artur
3 hours ago, stephen said:

We'll done on the learning side , now get back on your ninebot and leave the skiing alone 😁 you can get a workout from euc also just keep at it 😊

Stephen - really?

Can we account the EUC riding to exercise like jogging for example?

I know I'm getting tired on my practicing atm, but I guessed it's because it's cost me much much more effort to keep it going..?

Once I learn how to ride properly, I imagine there's no much workout - am I wrong Stephen?

That would be wonderful if I could burn fat on EUC as well  ;)

14 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

Stephen - really?

Can we account the EUC riding to exercise like jogging for example?

I know I'm getting tired on my practicing atm, but I guessed it's because it's cost me much much more effort to keep it going..?

Once I learn how to ride properly, I imagine there's no much workout - am I wrong Stephen?

That would be wonderful if I could burn fat on EUC as well  ;)

Depends on your riding style my calfs are killing when i get home ,maybe it's because I've done 30 miles and its hilly in Bradford ,

For me I'm twisting all over and working my core also

If i was going straight on a flat road I'd be just standing there so not as much 

Its definitely a workout sometimes, I'm drained after a good ride out when you get comfortable on the wheel and start throwing it about you'll relise what i mean ,

Not to much though on a ninebot e+ steady for now  but you deffo burn some calories 😊

Guest PogArt Artur
9 minutes ago, stephen said:

Depends on your riding style my calfs are killing when i get home ,maybe it's because I've done 30 miles and its hilly in Bradford ,

If i was going straight on a flat road I'd be just standing there so not as much 

Its definitely a workout sometimes, I'm drained after a good ride out when you get comfortable on the wheel and start throwing it about you'll relise what i mean ,

Not to much though on a ninebot e+ steady for now  but you deffo burn some calories 😊

I'm very pleased with what you've said!

It's making sense,that the riding style can be a workout or not too much...

Yeah, I won't show off on E+ as much as on some other high end EUC ;)

Thanks Stephen for comment :)

38 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

Is it you pico?

I'm not after laughing at anyone...

We all trying our best, not for anyone,but ourselves  ;)

If above it's you,then I like the poles idea ;)

I were going to use the poles too, but so far - I haven't  ;)

Best regards!

It was my very first day at EUC! I left the idea after that. Let me fetch you my second day, totally hilarious. 

Congratulation on your persistence. Don't rush. Most importantly stay SAFE.

Guest PogArt Artur
30 minutes ago, pico said:

It was my very first day at EUC! I left the idea after that. Let me fetch you my second day, totally hilarious. 

Congratulation on your persistence. Don't rush. Most importantly stay SAFE.

Cheers ;)

As you can see, somehow I'm practicing at my own suitable peace?

Not rushing up, just listening to my body suggestions, whether to push the limits or not  ;)

Thanks ;)

We all have to start  somewhere... My GF always humbles me with her new finds...

She said: "You have to post these here!" after I posted her Blooper! So I obey! :lol: 

beginning2.gif.cfacf3dd0bdf8c51b48efceb3181edba.gif

Guest PogArt Artur
8 minutes ago, pico said:

We all have to start  somewhere... My GF always humbles me with her new finds...

She said: "You have to post these here!" after I posted her Blooper! So I obey! :lol: 

beginning2.gif.cfacf3dd0bdf8c51b48efceb3181edba.gif

I can imagine, lol  ;)

My wife doesn't appreciate me finding something unusual, lol  :)

Especially if she suspect I'm gonna try it  :)

5 hours ago, pico said:

20 months ago you would have had good company! Have a laugh at my expense. Cheers!

beginning.gif.96d96d9e09413b808ed88208e937afbc.gif

Aha! Now I know that you tried poles long before I came up with this idea :) Revisit it! Really helpful with learning tricky moves, a lot less falls.

4 minutes ago, trya said:

Aha! Now I know that you tried poles long before I came up with this idea :) Revisit it! Really helpful with learning tricky moves, a lot less falls.

This is why you beat me to the Thompson by a month! :roflmao:

Guest PogArt Artur
2 hours ago, stephen said:

One more thing Stephen ...

If you please could avoid doing much more mileage on your Z10 please?

Just go around your house - if you really have to?

;)

It's because you've got here at BD8, building his skills up new owner of your wheel  ;)

I might be ready for the next year upgrade, lol  ;)

I found my really pitiful day 2. 

Notice the Ready To Bail foot placement (RTB), typical of a beginner. Have fun!

beginning3.gif.8d8518611798bd253df0c050de891f5e.gif

14 hours ago, stephen said:

^ This^ exactly.  Toss the wheel around on a rough track and you will be getting some sort of work out.  Your legs will turn to jelly. Or @Rama Douglas s dancing moves.  They look slow and almost easy, but 5 minutes of that (once you have learned how to do that) will put a burn in your quads (quadriceps) like you wouldn't believe. 

An hour on that infernal washboard canal tow path yesterday (and other riding) had me asleep in the recliner when I got home; I was zonked.

Guest PogArt Artur
12 minutes ago, pico said:

I found my really pitiful day 2. 

Notice the Ready To Bail foot placement (RTB), typical of a beginner. Have fun!

beginning3.gif.8d8518611798bd253df0c050de891f5e.gif

Thanks for this video ;)

It is difficult to get rolling smoothly ;)

All the beginners tries look like this...

I haven't recorded any of my tries so far, it's because all looking very similar,losing the balance,waving hands in the air,falling off the wheel  ;)

I might record my riding,while I'm capable of it, lol  ;)

Thank you  :)

Guest PogArt Artur
15 minutes ago, Smoother said:

^ This^ exactly.  Toss the wheel around on a rough track and you will be getting some sort of work out.  Your legs will turn to jelly. Or @Rama Douglas s dancing moves.  They look slow and almost easy, but 5 minutes of that (once you have learned how to do that) will put a burn in your quads (quadriceps) like you wouldn't believe. 

An hour on that infernal washboard canal tow path yesterday (and other riding) had me asleep in the recliner when I got home; I was zonked.

I'm very pleased to hear that Smoother!

I was told it's not any proper exercise,none comparable to cycling or jogging...

Thanks to you Stephen and Smoother I know I was told wrong.

Thanks ;)

Guest PogArt Artur
8 minutes ago, stephen said:

Thats the word i was looking for 😁 i am zonked to after a good ride:)

OK guys, here it goes another word to my diary - zonked  :)

Is it comparable to exhausted, the same meaning?

Lol  :)

Can I say if I'm tired -> I'm derailed or zonked?

Would it means te same ? 

Lol :)

Guest PogArt Artur
9 minutes ago, kasenutty said:

I get zonked all the time, sometimes twice per day on the weekends :D 

I bet you do, hahahaaa!

That's a good example of getting zonked @kasenutty ;)

4 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I get zonked all the time, sometimes twice per day on the weekends :D 

I thought about creating a Kasenutty ‘Zonked’ image but will save it for another day. ;)

Archived