WePed GT50E: First PEV to use 21700 Samsung 50E 5Ah Batteries

houseofjob

• 2 weeks later...

Ā 

On 3/31/2019 at 9:42 PM, yourtoys7 said:

that looks good so good, will Jason carry them?

what would usd. price tag be?

WePed seems to be a very niche/small e-kick scooter manufacturer in Korea, and very elusive at that, so not really sure.

FWIW, eBay freemotionshop seller has the Mini R listed, but I'm always suspicious of these eBay PEV sellers due to the many horror stories for support.

Ā 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Alright folks we got to try the Weped. GT and it is one seriously engineered scooter. The aesthetic is amazing, the technology is beautiful, it will start selling soon in the USA and it will do well I think. You can check out our video here:

Ā 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Waiting for the Weped to US for a long time, really like theĀ look, Ā hope the GT50Ā  in stock for sell soon.

If the "RR" to US will be Awesome.

Peter Q

On 4/10/2019 at 6:25 PM, houseofjob said:

Ā 

WePed seems to be a very niche/small e-kick scooter manufacturer in Korea, and very elusive at that, so not really sure.

FWIW, eBay freemotionshop seller has the Mini R listed, but I'm always suspicious of these eBay PEV sellers due to the many horror stories for support.

Ā 

We need somebody like ewheels (Jason) to carry these, because of warranty/ support they provide A+

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kubwimana27 said:

I'm looking at buying the dualtron x I'm worried about the one-year warranty for something that cost $6,000 any one have any thoughts on this

If eWheels gonna carry them, I would hope they'll offer optional extra warranty. Anything after 2500. up, I need an option to purchase warranty, these machines are not supper reliable and not too many places to fix. If no extra warranty offered, I will pass.

We have a guy in Toronto having really hard time fixingĀ  his thunder :(Ā , while we enjoy the very reliable EUCs...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Made a little dedicated Weped GT50 review video. I gotta say, Weped is definitely good at delivering a quality product. Both EUC and scooter manufacturers could learn from them.

Ā 

Ā 

Steep price, how would you say it compares to the dualtron thunder build quality wise?Ā  What is more stable at higher speeds?Ā  What has a better locking mechanism for the front handle?Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, photorph said:

Steep price, how would you say it compares to the dualtron thunder build quality wise?Ā  What is more stable at higher speeds?Ā  What has a better locking mechanism for the front handle?Ā Ā 

Build quality is amazing, maybe the highest quality scooter I've ever ridden. The locking mechanism felt super secure to me and was easy to operate, I'm not sure how it holds up over time. There was also zero play in the handlebars. I think the Weped GT is super stable at speed, but has a lower top-end than the Dualtron Thunder. It's definitely a high quality scooter and I hope it does well, because I'd love to see more Weped scooters imported.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

hello, Weped have set-up a global site US dollar vacuum-pumpĀ facility for the GT50E at wepedscooters.com ...free delivery

Can't find any agents outside South Korea other than in the Philippines for gold ingots & freemotionshop in Canada selling the Mini R ...discounted on ebay

A shipping container with approximatelyĀ 28 GT50E has been unloaded by a freight company in the USA, according to recent published shipping dataĀ ...enjoyĀ :laughbounce2:

mv3.jpg

Weped-GT-1-600x800.jpg

Edited by stephenbadger
2 cents worth
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2019 at 4:23 AM, Kubwimana27 said:

I'm looking at buying the dualtron x I'm worried about the one-year warranty for something that cost $6,000 any one have any thoughts on this

Our NZ agent graciously agreed to supply meĀ the X for NZ$9,000 with at least 50% deposit up-front & there would have to be other buyers in NZ before he would buy a parts-kit for a Warranty ...and l agree with others that these new age prototypes do cause expensive headaches ie, the Spider/D3/speedway controller failure debacle, ggrrr

A friend bought a second-hand Jetsurf [czechoslovakia] with only 8K on the clock for NZ$10,000 from an importer (not a agent) ...after another 10K the ignition/controller won't turn on ...it's made out of sealedĀ components & he doesn't know why it's dead ...nobody willĀ help him ...a new controller shipped from Europe will cost over NZ$1,100 ...expensive wall-hanger.

update ...jetsurf controller decided to work again, but then it's exhaust imploded ...NZ$1,500 is too much to ship the board back to czechoslovakia (one-way) for a service, so he's paid NZ$900 to have a new exhaust shipped to NZ to refit with a friends help ...extreme toys for delinquent adults can get a bit expensive, hehe! owww!

Edited by stephenbadger
2 cents worth
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update, just to clarify ... wepedscooters.com is actually run by a US based shipping?/trucking? company offering free delivery toĀ american customers inside the USA ...they invite questions, but thisĀ site [US$3,499] is too expensive for peopleĀ outside USA,Ā because of the dollar exchange rate, additional shipping back out again, extra import fee & taxes.

Edited by stephenbadger
2 cents worth