What if I don't use the Ninedroid app at all?

Planetpapi

History:

I used to have a generic TGF3 for a while. Very comfortable riding EUC. Not an off road type of personality. No tricks achieved. I always wear helmet and gloves.

Now:

Just got a Ninebot 1 E+ from www.hoodriderz.com. Smooth transaction and fast shipping. 

Bot came with very low tire pressure. Put some air in it and made couple of small/slow (few hundred feet) rounds just to feel for it. No app connected. Will ride it more today.

After reading all these posts I have these questions.

If I forego the App on my IOS completely as if it didn't exist,  what is that I will be missing in riding the 9B1E+? I understand app has useful information like odometer, batt level  etc (The app itself can benefit from some usability. Lit mode? Hah? ).

In terms of riding experience, if I leave everything at default values, do I miss anything? 

Remember I use it for street riding with no tricks or curb jumping.

1. Do I get full speed potential at default value? Not that I try to go full speed anyway?

2. What mode will it run by default? Soft/hard/aggressive? What mode is for intermediate rider?

3. At what speed do I get the tilt back by default?

4. Will updating firmware will cause face plants?... I kind of read it in the forum some time ago

Thanks guys.

Oh dang, you got a new wheel. Congrats man!

While I can't tell you what the defaults are, as I don't remember and started pressing buttons almost from the get go, I do recommend you use the app. There really is no reason not to use it. Ride it on the default setting for a few miles or so then tweak it to your liking.

Woo! Another botter! :D
Agree with SerpentineGX, you should at least use the app once to tweak all the settings to your liking after some riding. Its rideable on default right out the box, but who gets a Laz-y-boy and never pulls the handle...

1. Its on full speed out of the box. (LIT is beginners mode, If enabled you limit it in steps up to 12kph, Never used it tho, I am guessing you get the tiltback a lot earlier)
2. There are no "modes" engine is on full power all the time. B) You can tweak the stiffness of the pedal-tilting where 0 is hard and 9 is tilting quite a lot. (restart bot and app after setting it for best results) Mostly used are 0 and 1 but people ride it up to 3 as far as i read in here..

3. Tiltback starts around 19kph iirc, google knows for sure.

4. I also recommend updating the firmware, this is the heart of your bot and you want it up to date with all the available features and fixes (havent read anything on enabling faceplants with a firmware update, where did you get that from).

Another thing, you can control the lights over the app, or even turn them off if you are not into blinky things. It even has a "knock bot to change lights" function you can enable so if you are into blinky lights you can change them without the app or while riding over bumps :) And you dont need to use the app after that at all. But there is a function that lets you upload your mileage and list it against other bots around the world for weekly mileage or overall mileage. Thats the fun reason for me to run the app regularly :lol:

I've been riding without the app - mainly due to the fact that it needs BluetoothV4 and all my stuff only has V2 or below! - perfectly well, but I don't know exactly what was changed at SpeedyFeet before I left (apart from them loading the latest firmware?).

Ian did set it to mode 2 as far as I can remember so I can't change that yet but as already pointed out, the lights can be set without it.

I am awaiting a new phone which will connect but will mainly use that to have some idea of battery power remaining and mileage covered just out of interest.

I'd say just ride it and enjoy - although you never know if it'll be even better unless you mess with the available settings? - if it does what you want it to then all is good :D

1. Do I get full speed potential at default value? Not that I try to go full speed anyway?

2. What mode will it run by default? Soft/hard/aggressive? What mode is for intermediate rider?

3. At what speed do I get the tilt back by default?

4. Will updating firmware will cause face plants?... I kind of read it in the forum some time ago

Thanks guys.

1. Yes

2. The best to learn. It's about personal decision, not depending on intermediate, advanced or whatever...

3. Slow tilt back near the limit. Hard tilt back at the limit. I have E model. E+ model has tilt back at higher speed.

4. AFAIK, there are no faceplants. I advise to upgrade firmware, because it can solve some issues.

Since you can check your battery level at the led rings when stopped, you will not need the app.

Anyway, it is a fantastic accesory!

4. I also recommend updating the firmware, this is the heart of your bot and you want it up to date with all the available features and fixes (havent read anything on enabling faceplants with a firmware update, where did you get that from).

Apparently the 1.2.6 firmware comes with that feature... <_<

Apparently the 1.2.6 firmware comes with that feature... <_<

Yes. I have read about this. Inexcusable!!!

Anyway, since I know the software world from inside, I must recommed the upgrades. Every piece of software has errors. The upgrades are here to solve the problems and errors. But, yes, it can appear a new error trying to solve others... It's a bit risky.

I believe that ninebot must explain in detail the bugs solved in each version (and new features if any), to let the user decide if can be affected or not, in order to upgrade the euc.

Meanwhile, I change my opinion about upgrades, and now I think that is better to NOT upgrade until things are more clear...

I've been riding my 9b1 for roughly 2 months now, and I only used the app once to adjust the setting to what I wanted. Never needed it since then :P Although I have to say, I also don't have a smartphone that can run the app (Android apps run in Alien Davlik on my phone, which doesn't support Bluetooth 4.0...yet), so maybe I would use it more often if it did work.

I've been riding my 9b1 for roughly 2 months now, and I only used the app once to adjust the setting to what I wanted. Never needed it since then :P Although I have to say, I also don't have a smartphone that can run the app (Android apps run in Alien Davlik on my phone, which doesn't support Bluetooth 4.0...yet), so maybe I would use it more often if it did work.

Out of interest, what's your preferable riding mode?

Out of interest, what's your preferable riding mode?

IIRC its at 3 right now. Tried 0/1 but it was vibrating way to much for comfort (although firmware was also different at the time), and I wouldn't set it any lower, it gets way to sluggy...

When I first started with my Ninebot I didn't play with any of the settings in the app.  After 3 days of pure frustration I decided to take a breather and play around with the software.  Well I'm glad I did as I found 2 settings that were holding me back.  The first was the top speed.  It was set to 5 kph if I remember right.  So what would happen is I'd get to 5kph and it would kick back on me a bit which completely freaked me out and I'd fall.  Once I raised the limit to 10 kph, I had room to level out and get my balance.  

The second thing that I changed was how aggressive it took off on me.  The slider was set to 2 towards SPORT.  I raised this to 6 or so towards SOFT.  This made for a less aggressive take off. 

Archived