kingsong 18xl tilting all the way back and throwing me off

Stein1922

I just got off my kingsong 18 XL about 10 minutes ago I have everything set up properly the first two alarms are turned off the third alarm is set at the minimum and for some reason as I’m writing the pedals seem to adjust up and down really quickly which makes me kind of nervous and then If I accelerate a little more the  pedals tilt all the way back and they continually beeps as it’s tilting me all the way back and I have to jump off of it and grab it .... this is super dangerous I don’t know what’s wrong.  I have the new firmware, I have the new app and its still acting weird and I’m not trying to die riding a unicycle 

• Upvote 1

The tilting back and beeping sounds like an over voltage situation. Also, check where you set tiltback in the app.  I dont remember what it's called in the new app but its independant of the alarm settings. 

Setting the 3rd alarm to the min might be making it beep really early too. 

Hope that helps somewhat, I dont have any other suggestions. 

2 hours ago, Flying W said:

The tilting back and beeping sounds like an over voltage situation. Also, check where you set tiltback in the app.  I dont remember what it's called in the new app but its independant of the alarm settings. 

Setting the 3rd alarm to the min might be making it beep really early too. 

Hope that helps somewhat, I dont have any other suggestions. 

Thanks. I will try different settings but it’s really frustrating. My KS 16 Has been fine and all my gotway unicycles are set it and forget it and I love it..

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stein1922 said:

Thanks. I will try different settings but it’s really frustrating. My KS 16 Has been fine and all my gotway unicycles are set it and forget it and I love it..

Over voltage is not a setting,  @Flying W was referring to being over charged (and then presumably riding down hill) So the questions is: was it charged to 100% and were you trying to ride down hill? (although the hill is not strictly necessary)

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 1:25 PM, Smoother said:

Over voltage is not a setting,  @Flying W was referring to being over charged (and then presumably riding down hill) So the questions is: was it charged to 100% and were you trying to ride down hill? (although the hill is not strictly necessary)

yes charged to 90% and no not downhill 

6 hours ago, Stein1922 said:

Well, that's not it then.

The only things I know of that create what you describe, are the over voltage (ruled out)

and over heat, not discussed yet, but you mentioned nothing that would indicate an over heat condition. 

Your OP was Thursday.  Have you ridden it since then?

It's a pity we don't have an official King Song Representative on here (paid or unpaid)to talk you through this :whistling:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smoother said:

It's a pity we don't have an official King Song Representative on here (paid or unpaid)to talk you through this :whistling:

We do have @US69, but it's not his duty to keep an eye on all King Song thread and respond in no time ;) To be honest, this is not clear case. For me it just looks like tiltback limit set too low or even initial limit of 20 kph.

20 hours ago, Stein1922 said:

What distance have your already ridden on your brand new KS-18XL?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Seba said:

To be honest, this is not clear case. For me it just looks like tiltback limit set too low or even initial limit of 20 kph.

I try to read the complainants post thoroughly, so I can get as close to the problem as possible. So when he wrote this..

On 3/21/2019 at 6:05 PM, Stein1922 said:

and then If I accelerate a little more the  pedals tilt all the way back and they continually beeps as it’s tilting me all the way back and I have to jump off of it and grab it

I ruled out low tilt back limit, because, AFAIN that doesn't involve "all the way back" and Continually beeping". Unless KS has changed the firmware radically

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, Stein1922 said:

I just got off my kingsong 18 XL about 10 minutes ago I have everything set up properly the first two alarms are turned off the third alarm is set at the minimum and for some reason as I’m writing the pedals seem to adjust up and down really quickly which makes me kind of nervous and then If I accelerate a little more the  pedals tilt all the way back and they continually beeps as it’s tilting me all the way back and I have to jump off of it and grab it .... this is super dangerous I don’t know what’s wrong.  I have the new firmware, I have the new app and its still acting weird and I’m not trying to die riding a unicycle 

Sorry for beeing late to the thread…..Sounds for me like wrong adjusted Speed/tiltback Alarms, as they Need to be "confirmed by a beep" when set by the app, only then they work.

If you have further Problems feel free to contact me by PM....

In general:

As @Seba said...it is Pretty hard to follow each and every KS related thread, especially as i try to cover other Forums, several Facebook and Whats App Groups, too…

In case of Problems and Need of fast help i can only advise to contact me by PM...as allready stated in my signature :whistling: 

• Like 2

On 3/24/2019 at 4:55 AM, Smoother said:

Well, that's not it then.

The only things I know of that create what you describe, are the over voltage (ruled out)

and over heat, not discussed yet, but you mentioned nothing that would indicate an over heat condition. 

Your OP was Thursday.  Have you ridden it since then?

have not ridden it. But I will tomorrow. Thanks and yes we need a Kingsong rep badly

8 hours ago, Stein1922 said:

have not ridden it. But I will tomorrow. Thanks and yes we need a Kingsong rep badly

That was a joke.  We have a rep (volunteer) US69 (right above your post).  He's not a miracle worker, and he has a day job, but he helps when he can. He has already responded.  In the future, use the private message (PM) function to get his attention. Also you can alert him to a King Song issue by mentioning him, like this: @Smoother except type his handle not mine.  I didn't type his because I didn't want to alert him unnecessarily. type @ followed by anyones handle, then pick from the list that appears.  If no list appears, erase the @ and start again. (space before the @ but not after).

• Like 3

On 3/27/2019 at 7:48 AM, Smoother said:

That was a joke.  We have a rep (volunteer) US69 (right above your post).  He's not a miracle worker, and he has a day job, but he helps when he can. He has already responded.  In the future, use the private message (PM) function to get his attention. Also you can alert him to a King Song issue by mentioning him, like this: @Smoother except type his handle not mine.  I didn't type his because I didn't want to alert him unnecessarily. type @ followed by anyones handle, then pick from the list that appears.  If no list appears, erase the @ and start again. (space before the @ but not after).

Thank you. I am new to threads. Where is the PM function?

On 3/27/2019 at 7:48 AM, Smoother said:

6 hours ago, Stein1922 said:

Thank you. I am new to threads. Where is the PM function?

Click on the logo of any member, a screen will pop up. Right in the middle is a "message " button.  But like I said, new members can't PM.  better to mention them >>>> @Stein1922

• 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:30 AM, D3m0nzz said:

Did you resolve this? Having the same issue @US69

What did we resolve, please? And what issue you have exactly?

Have you made a Firmware upgrade? It is important to calibrate the Wheel after doing so.

Edited by US69
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, D3m0nzz said:

I am also getting a temperature warning in the app. 

Have you tried the Lock/unlock button in the app?

Sounds like a locked Wheel....with constant beeping and tiltback.

the temperature warning Points to not using the latest Firmware on your Wheel.....