Ninebot ES2: just stop and doesn't turn on anymore

Borox

Hi,

I used my ES2 with an extra battery since last october.

I was pretty impress by this little machine especialy since I added the extra battery. Despite a problem when the light was on ( I haven't done any modification to fix that). One week ago, I was 500meters from home, batteries full and after using the brakes ( I wasn't go fast) the scooter turned off, and I never was able to turn it on.

I think of a control board problem...has anyone experiment a similar issue?

For the moment I have a 14kg brick... :-)

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Borox 

I have the same error, and this happened to me last week. Im looking into this error as of right now. But it seems hard to find any good information of it. 

What I've done so far is to order a new control board, as this is must likely the easiest way to fix the problem. Im going to take a look at the control board with a friend and see if we can locate anything that looks burned out. I'll keep you posted if it find out why mine doesn't work anymore. Good luck 

Edited by Slepzs

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Same problem here. Been driving to and from work about 10k for a couple of weeks (bought the scooter about 2 months ago) on ES2 with extra battery and in sport mode. Yesterday my scooter just died and does not turn on. A few days ago I also noticed that the rear and underside lights started to behave strangely.

My seal was already broken from handling so I decided to open it up. What I found was a mess of molten cable connectors and charred cables and connectors. Definitely not the quality I was expecting :( I have disconnected the board, the battery and cleared up the cables and I'm now in the process of finding what the problem is. For me, it seems like the control board is dead. It gets juice from the battery just fine, but there seems to be no output to the display cable, I'm guessing it should at least be a 5v current going on two of the pins.

I hope that will be it and that the motor is not damaged also.

I will let you know how things progress.

Hello Tobias

I looked at the control board aswell, and it looked just fine, but didn't give any power to the display board either. So i decided, do get it to dealer to see if they can repair it. But so far, they haven't given me a price for the repair. Im still waiting for the new control board though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Same problem here and the scooter is stuck on brake mode now event if its powered off.

I was going to work this morning as usual and then when walking on the pedestrian place, i decided to power it off, when i powered it off, it seems like the wheel was stuck on brake mode, i couldnt roll it, so i tried to power it on again to see what happen and it didnt worked.

Not sure but maybe could it be since an update ? Did someone experienced a powered off scooter that is always braking ?

If anyone have any idea on how to reset the es2...

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

This happen to me this week , same circumstances , i had issues with both batteries discharging at diffo levels all after the 1.5.0 firmware update, i called segway UK support and they booked it in for warranty , ups picked up today , they provided shipping label etc 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This has happened to me two different times. 

The first time was on my Dark Grey ES2. I was able to test it as I disconnected the top half of my Silver ES2 and swapped the handle bars. This proved to be a faulty dashboard. I replaced the dashboard with one I ordered from a dealer on OfferUp. Unfortunately, it came from an ES1 or it was a knock-off. Fortunately it still works though. 

The second time happened this morning. The silver ES2 just would not turn on. I plugged it in and went off to take care of a few things. Later I hit the button and it came on, so I took it for a ride to test it. I then forgot about the issue when stopped for a little while to grab something from a store. The auto shut-off engaged and I could not turn the scooter back on. A few hours ago, I attempted the same test I did before with the Dark Grey ES2. This time to check the Silver's Dashboard. However the dashboard still works. Different problem. 

DIFFERENT RESULT

First Time it was the dashboard (Easy Fix) 
Be careful of the small wires though. Some are easy to break. 

This time I think it has to be in the Brain, the Battery, or that New BMS Update caused the malfunction. (It's least likely that the update caused it).

I will be testing out some parts as soon as I can get them in. It may take longer due to the quarantine in China. 

I hope this helps some of you get back on the road. 

~ Doc 

• 2 months later...

A bit late, but to close this post: the problem was on the mainboard, I changed it and my ES2 was good as new!...before the same problem appear again 2 months later...and I changed again the mainboard...