FalconPEV Zero Scooters

Alien Rides

FalconPEV makes an economical line of scooters, from light commuters like the Zero 8, to the larger Zero 10X. I currently have the Zero 10X and may be receiving other  models to ride and review. The Zero 10X is an economical, but high-value entrance into the world of monster scooters. I'm currently making a few videos on the Zero line of scooters, and thought I'd consolidate them in this thread.

FalconPEV Zero 10X Electric Scooter Videos

• Like 2

nice one!

how you getting on with the zero 10x so far

-mileage

-suspension (are you still on oem) because i know many have changed to a5rr1

-handlebars : is there much play / movement whilst riding

- locking stem: is it still quite secure after numerous folds

Nice review and very nice Thunder.

my biggest concern with escooters and wheels is warranty, for this reason I will only purchase from eWheels.com. I had dualtron II and there were issues, it was looked after with both way shipping, after 2nd time I asked to replace for the wheel (I thought it was a lemon). Jason adressed the issue and got my wheel in exchange for escooter. If you buy from other sellers, not sure how their warranty is.

In any case, this scooter looks fantastic, but we need long term use or preferably someone like eWheels.com to sell them. 

Edited by yourtoys7
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, yourtoys7 said:

my biggest concern with escooters and wheels is warranty, for this reason I will only purchase from eWheels.com. I had dualtron II and there were issues, it was looked after with both way shipping, after 2nd time I asked to replace for the wheel (I thought it was a lemon). Jason adressed the issue and got my wheel in exchange for escooter. If you buy from other sellers, not sure how their warranty is. 

In any case, this scooter looks fantastic, but we need long term use or preferably someone like eWheels.com to sell them. 

No doubt eWheels is fantastic and Jason has helped me numerous times. I do think that there is room for more than a single scooter reseller in the USA though, and Nate at revrides.com has helped me tremendously. He's a smaller shop, but still provides support/warranty. More competition is good for all of us ;-)

On 3/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, Siggy said:

how you getting on with the zero 10x so far

-mileage 

-suspension (are you still on oem) because i know many have changed to a5rr1

-handlebars : is there much play / movement whilst riding

- locking stem: is it still quite secure after numerous folds 

I've probably put around 300 some miles on it so far, not a ton because I have a lot of different PEVs to ride.

Still using the stock suspension which felt great off-roading, but I'm not sure I like at speed. The a5rr1 unit looks interesting, I haven't heard about that before.

The handlebars feel great, and stem play is about the same as on my Dualtron thunder. It does make a small creaking sound which is noticeable in some of my videos. I have been told it's fixable, but I haven't invested the time to try yet.

Also uploaded a FPV test /w the GoPro 7 here, you can hear the state of my stem on a bumpy gravel path:

Edited by Alien Rides
  • Like 1

Hi, guys! Firstly, thank you for this review because I'm just looking forward to have my first electric scooter and I'm bit new to e-cycling. Beside this topic I have also drew attention on  https://whatever-tech.com/best-electric-folding-scooter-reviews/ and decided to choose between Xiaomi Mi M365 and Swagtron City SG5. What do you think of that?

:dribble:what l think of that isssss :pooping: skip the crap & expense that most of us go through ...and buy a TNE V4-U4 Plus & a tubeless tyre repair kit on alibaba, plug-up the wire-holes with glue to stop the water getting into the battery & controllers ...buy a helmet, then carefully go slow, learn to scoot & pray you survive your first year of scootering :facepalm:

27 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Scooter sales are outselling Wheels, not by much, but the potential market is massive.

To nobody's surprise. The only surprise is that you're still bothering with EUCs:efee8319ab: And wow are some of these scooters expensive.

How are the KingSong scooters compared to the competition? Just wondering why you don't sell them if you're dealing with KS anyways.

As always, thanks for your behind-the-scenes insights!

Edited by meepmeepmayer
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was just thinking, if KingSong (or Gotway?) scooters ever needed an intro to be more known, that would probably be via you (and other EUC dealers), so you might have some good leverage there.

Thanks!

Just now, Jason McNeil said:

& the new 10" with modular packs. 

For real?:w00t2:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Too much overlap with the Speedways, the KS brand isn't at all known in the eScooter world. KS should be focusing on their Wheels, getting the 16X to market in time & the new 10" with modular packs. 

10-inch?  I wonder if this is a performance 10-inch like the Mten3 or a last miler like the Luffy?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

How are the KingSong scooters compared to the competition? Just wondering why you don't sell them if you're dealing with KS anyways.

Interesting timing, I did just start a KS scooter thread here, and have a few more videos planned.

Overall I think there is a lot of overlap with existing offerings, and KS will need to do more to up the quality and differentiate. I do think they've done a good job at their first release of the scooter though, and overall seems like a pretty good deal for what you get.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Just launched the Tubowheel Lightning, it's the same as the Zero 10X. Introductory pricing is a bit lower & there's a bonus 5A 58v rapid-charger included as well :)

Awesome, seems like a great deal! Also looks almost exactly the same as the 10X, do you know if it's from the same factory? I have seen several different models with the exact same frame/suspension setup with different branding.

7 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

Awesome, seems like a great deal! Also looks almost exactly the same as the 10X, do you know if it's from the same factory? I have seen several different models with the exact same frame/suspension setup with different branding.

Most likely.

The scooter structure is OEM. The body is widely available on Alibaba - you can customise with your own label

8 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

It's the same as the falcon 10x, both are rebranded OEM  scooters.

12 hours ago, Alien Rides said:

All the scooters are made in the same factory, the manufacturer is Titian, Chinese tradename of Unicool (not very cool): Zero is the Singapore brand by Falcon PEV, they've done a good job at getting the brand out there, most people now think of the scooter as a Zero.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Holy moly, your request worked? What is this madness where manufacturers listen to anything?

Though I fear a small and powerful mini powerhouse fun wheel (like the mten3) would get more sales than a slower and weaker "travel" (= tiny battery) wheel. But who knows, maybe you can add more capacity when you're not flying? Excited to see the specs and design of this thing!

2 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

Yeah, surely you remember this from early Jan? 

Now I remember the post, although it was all rather hypothetical. Now you are stating that it's an actual product.

Very cool. If it does end up being a ~160wh wheel than it probably won't be very powerful ala the Mten3, but I can see the practical aspects for traveling.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

All the scooters are made in the same factory, the manufacturer is Titian, Chinese tradename of Unicool (not very cool): Zero is the Singapore brand by Falcon PEV, they've done a good job at getting the brand out there, most people now think of the scooter as a Zero.

:dribble:Titan is so pleased with the Falconpev marketing effort, that they will sell Zero to anyone on alibaba, l asked for 5 10X with 23.8Ah LG battery for my group "The Electric Scooter Wild Bunch NZ" & the Titan lady forgot to invoice me, so l reconsidered & decided instead to treat myself to a Dualtron 3 through NZ agent Scoozzi ...when it arrives it will be the first in NZ.

Titan e-scooters are breeding like rabbits ...Zero, Unicool, Speedual, Sonic & definitely 2 other different "brands" l've seen on the shopping sites ...plus 1 or 2 russian "brands" like ZAXBOARD which offer waterproof versions for approximately an extra 3,000 rubles ...customers are frightened to take them out in the rain in NZ ...a lot of money to turn into an electric fly-zapper :barf:

The TNE e-scooter series started life as a copy of the lunacycle.com Luna Apocalypse MK 1 prototype ...l like the V4-U4 Plus, l'm fighting off the urge to buy one from the factory , cos l could easily end-up with a "wall-hanger" if it malfunctioned in NZ ...their very popular in France/now in USA & are spreading all over the Middle East like flies :ph34r:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2019 at 3:28 AM, Nicholas Herron said:

is there anybody that knows if the zero 8 and the zero 9 is ip 54 waterprof .i cant find any information anywhere

Falconpev sell replacement bushes for the wiring entry/exit hole for the 8&9, if my memory is correct ...but not the 10X ...so that would make it splash-proof, but back it up with glue or silicon.

• 4 months later...

hi there I have a battery out of a 08 x scooter can I and now I've just bought a zero 10x scooter so can I use the battery out of the 08 x-scooter basically when my other battery runs out and I'm stuck like can I unplug the zero 10x scooter battery and plug in the 08 x scooter battery will it be interchangeable