Just received my first EUC today

Meganolomaniac

45 minutes on my wheel and I am hooked!  I ordered an Inmotion V10F over the weekend after a week of watching youtube videos and it arrived this evening.  The protection covers were not in stock so I told myself I should go slow to avoid crashing and getting scratches.  After 30 minutes of following a chainlink fence to keep my balance and practicing a skateboard style peddling for mounting the wheel, I said "screw taking it slow" and just went for it. I can already ride unassisted for several minutes at a time without needing to dismount.  Of course I will keep my max speed set to 20kph until I have way more experience and agility. :)

I will say though, it is much more of a work out than I initially expected it to be.  I was keeping my knees slightly bent so I feel like I just went skiing.

The "work out" will go away once riding becomes second nature. I was hooked after my first loop around a small park without falling. Once you are more confident be sure to meet up with some of the other guys in AZ. I know there are some in Tuscon, but there might be some in Phoenix. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of EUCs! Many adventures await you and your V10F.

Don't worry about the workout element of it, when you eventually become confident on your wheel, it doesn't feel like you're expending any energy whatsoever.

In fact, a few people who've seen me on mine said I must be working my core, I wonder if that is the case?

Yea I remember the first 5-10 minutes I had with my wheel.
Oh boy I felt like I had just run a marathon and done 100 squats, my calf and instep really hurt.

Then the next day it clicked and it's basically just as taxing standing in place, no workout or pain at all.

The only pain that exists on these once you get the hang of them are long ride instep and foot pain if you don't have the right shoes or you don't rotate the pressure points on your feet as you ride. Doing tiny slaloms back and forth and rocking heel toe alternating while riding help immensely. At first I could only go 2-3 miles before getting instep pain, now I can ride my battery down without having to stop to rest my feet.

11 hours ago, tenofnine said:

Yea I remember the first 5-10 minutes I had with my wheel.
Oh boy I felt like I had just run a marathon and done 100 squats, my calf and instep really hurt.

Then the next day it clicked and it's basically just as taxing standing in place, no workout or pain at all.

The only pain that exists on these once you get the hang of them are long ride instep and foot pain if you don't have the right shoes or you don't rotate the pressure points on your feet as you ride. Doing tiny slaloms back and forth and rocking heel toe alternating while riding help immensely. At first I could only go 2-3 miles before getting instep pain, now I can ride my battery down without having to stop to rest my feet.

I like your msg.. those hints about "rotate pressure points..." just yesterday while riding and feeling that little pain I alternated the pressure of my feet over the wheel and it got much better! I've my 1st wheel by 3 months so every info come handy, thank you 

Welcome and congrats! I am a few weeks new to EUC as well and having a blast learning my unit. I also have found the chain-link fence trick to be great. My safety gear just got here today so I am looking forward to hitting the park this weekend to test it out on the open trail vs fence in confined area. :eff034a94a:

15 hours ago, tenofnine said:

Oh boy I felt like I had just run a marathon and done 100 squats, my calf and instep really hurt

My calfs always get a workout but i live in a hilly area so i learn in then pedals i like the feeling that I've done a workout though , and my calfs are bigger 😊

Archived