Inmotion v8 or v10?

Humsuplow

Sold my inmotion v5f just after two months of usage. Not my cup of tea so I'm in the verge of getting another daily use wheel. For £650 I can get the inmotion v8 for an additional £60 I can get the v10.although  the v10 is only £60 more with bigger battery I'm just wondering do I need it? Heard the v10 is sluggish and the breaking performance is poor.  I'll be riding 20miles in total maybe a bit more once awhile.  Weaving around pedestrians at times.  Which would you recommend?

Get a V10. I outgrew my V8 in about 2-3 months. The V8 will get you just about 20 miles if you ride aggressively. Ideally you don't want your wheel to be almost out of battery at the end of your ride because you are at a higher risk of the wheel cutting out on you for insufficient power. 

The V8 has a 19mph limit whereas the V10 has a 25 mph limit. I found myself hitting the 19mph limit constantly on my V8 and the constant beeping and tilt back was really annoying. The headlight is also better on the V10. The headlight on the V8 is barely sufficient for riding at night.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jonesq said:

Get a V10. I outgrew my V8 in about 2-3 months. The V8 will get you just about 20 miles if you ride aggressively. Ideally you don't want your wheel to be almost out of battery at the end of your ride because you are at a higher risk of the wheel cutting out on you for insufficient power. 

The V8 has a 19mph limit whereas the V10 has a 25 mph limit. I found myself hitting the 19mph limit constantly on my V8 and the constant beeping and tilt back was really annoying. The headlight is also better on the V10. The headlight on the V8 is barely sufficient for riding at night.

Thanks for your suggestion.  Do have issues with the breaking performance and how does it handle on turns?

The V8 has responsive acceleration and braking and is very nimble on turns. The V8 is so light that you can make most of the turns with your legs and feet as opposed to using your body to lean. The V8 is a great wheel for the price but its speed and range limitations make it a wheel that you will definitely outgrow quickly if you're the type that rides at least a few times a week.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jonesq said:

The V8 has responsive acceleration and braking and is very nimble on turns. The V8 is so light that you can make most of the turns with your legs and feet as opposed to using your body to lean. The V8 is a great wheel for the price but its speed and range limitations make it a wheel that you will definitely outgrow quickly if you're the type that rides at least a few times a week.

Yes, I'm a confident rider and I own an ACM16 which i hit 35kmh regularly.  I'm not too fussed about the weight as the v10 has a trolley handle for me to push around. I'm just concern over the slow pick up speed if I want to avoid danger and the breaking performance if I'm in an emergency situation. 

3 hours ago, OliverOliverOliver said:

Got the v10. Only £660 including delivery.  Love getting a bargain from gearbest.  My second wheel from them.  

Wow, that's a sweet deal! Looks like you paid less for your V10 than I did for my V8! (1000W more, higher top/cruising speed, better range...). Congrats on the new wheel!

Edited by travsformation

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I've owned both.  V8s is better than v10 I think.

Mor responsive, better accelaration and for a heavier rider like me the top speeds were very similar.  18mph on v8 and 21 mph on v10f. I liked that the v8 was lighter and smaller but gave same performance

• Like 1

V8F weighs about 35 lbs, V8S about 36 lbs, V10F about 45 lbs. V8F|V8S have a 1000 w motor, V10F 2000 w motor, but V8F|V8S motor peak is about 2200 w, while V10F in theory V10F peak should be around 2900 w (40 amp fuse instead of V8F|V8S 30 amp fuse), but riders report peak is not much more than 2600 w. Due to the lighter weight of V8F|V8S, it takes less effort to accelerate | brake, than a V10F. Probably due to the rider, a V8F out braked the V10F in this comparison video, but blew a few during a hard acceleration test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAEOnvDNaYw&t=652s

Then again, Wrong Way has blown a fuse on every Inmotion wheel he's tested, other than the V11 which he took it easy on, and the V12.

V10F trolley handle is an add-on handle that can break easily if the V10F is dumped. The V8F|V8S have a proper trolley handle that retracts into the shell. V8F|V8S have a 16" by 2.125" tire, while V10F has a 16" by 2.5" tire, which will be more responsive to tilt steering. Claimed top speed on V10F is 40 kph, versus V8F|V8S at 35 kph, but tilt back occurs a bit before top speed, so unless a rider is willing to press their luck, it's probably better to keep max speed around 35 kph for V10F, and 30 kph or so on V8F|V8S. Wen from EUCO managed to do a range test on the V8S at max speed (35 kph) on smooth level pavement until battery dropped down to around 50%. Inmotion app reported speed seems to be about 7% greater than EUC World reported speed.

V10F is currently on sale for $100 off, $1500, instead of $1600. V8F is still $1200 and V8S is still $1400.

Edited by rcgldr
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the V8f, I weigh about 80kg. I have ridden the V8f for about 1900 kms.  Never had any problems. It’s nimble, accelerates and brakes well. I regularly ride it 25 kms, which around town is fine. Also, to get to my house I have to ride up a steep hill for 1 km. I thought this would be a problem, but it never has been.  I really like the wheel and keep it in the car, ready to go. It absolutely a keeper for me. It is just so convenient and user friendly.