WTB - starter EUC in UK

Natfink

Looking for some advice and hopefully an EUC to get me going. Have been looking at various models but not sure best way to go. The ninebot one C+ can be had from gearbest at the min for £240 but will take forever to arrive. I did buy an S2 from eBay but turned out to be a scam :-(

I will only be using it for a hobby and probably won't get out that often so not looking to spend a huge amount really. I wondered if anyone has any pointers or even an old one to sell? 

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Unfortunately the~350€ Inmotion V5F deal seems to have expired. That would have been the perfect choice for you.

Ideally you can find a good used wheel for maybe <400.

It may be more than you want, but you can get a state of the art Inmotion V10 for around 720€. If you can't find a cheap starter wheel, just go for an *extremely* well-priced serious one;)

1000 miles is nothing. That's the wheel equivalent of a baby taking its first steps. Neither batteries nor any other parts will even show any signs of wear (except scuffs on the shell) after such a short period. Only if the battery has sat near empty or near full for a long time (think weeks or months) it would be a problem, but as long it has been tended to a bit (which just means the wheel was ridden regularly and the battery not abused or ignored for long times) there certainly is no problem after only 1000 miles. If it works, it's good. That's the great thing about used wheels, if they work and show neither signs of extreme mechanical damage or the battery has been treated badly (very unlikely), they're functionally as good as new.

Which MCM and for how much approximately? But they are great wheels (MCM3 and MCM4, presumably it's not an MCM5 but if it was that would be great:D), so if the price is good, a good choice.

(I suspect the reason for the lack of replies here is that you posted it in a forum that few people visit regularly. Maybe a mod could move this to General Discussion? @Marty Backe @Rehab1 )

Thanks for your advice - sorry for the delay in getting back on here. Been a bit bonkers in my house the last few days! Well I took the plunge and have had an offer accepted on the MCM4 for £200. I haven't seen the actual wheel yet - I pick it up on Saturday but I have been sent some pics of it. It has minor cosmetic damage (as you would expect) and I'm sure that it will get more in my first few weeks of learning to ride it but they still have the original box etc and have kept the battery maintained when not in use so hopefully all will be well. I thought that at that price it would hopefully serve as a good intro the world of EUC's and if it's not for me I should be able to get most of my money back selling it on. Looking forward to the weekend now!!!

Picked it up yesterday and apart from surface scratches its in great shape. My calves are already sore and I've got bruises but managed to do about 10metres before falling off so far. Not a great distance but early days and I've only been on it for an hour so just got to keep trying. Great fun! 

Having spent about an hour falling off later on this afternoon I actually managed to stay on for an entire lap of a school field (400m) and also to vaguely get it going in the direction I wanted. Very addictive this...

Archived