So where are folks getting their foam padding from?

I have seen lots of EUC pictures where people have added what appears to be self adhesive padding to protect from damage during falls.  Often black with a ribbed appearance, but I have also seen green, etc.  What's it called and/or where can you find it? I've looked for foam padding on Amazon but can't seem to find it.

My retailer sent me some in the box with my wheel.  TBH its good to prevent abrasion but its very squishy so a hard impact will still transfer through to the surface underneath.  But, it's better than nothing.  After a few tumbles it starts to look a bit ratty, and so therefor so does your wheel. But in theory, when you pull it off (has anyone ever taken it off?) your wheel will be pristine underneath (if you can remove the double sided tape, that is)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smoother said:

in theory, when you pull it off (has anyone ever taken it off?) your wheel will be pristine underneath (if you can remove the double sided tape, that is)

Yeah I was worried about that a bit too...hopefully something like Goo Gone would take it off without damage to the wheel finish.

My wheel did come with 2 sheets of clear vinyl stuff, that looks like hell if you put it on (impossible to apply wrinkle free to the curved surfaces) but it comes back off residue-free. I still have the other sheet.   Maybe i can cut it to shapes matching the padding and stick the double sided tape to that instead of directly on the wheel surface...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Lion said:

I've used this stuff.  works great.  Its been on my MSX for several months and holds up great.  Not sure how it will remove but not even thinking about that since its working so well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2PNVNS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Welcome @Ron Lion .

1 hour ago, Ron Lion said:

I've used this stuff.  works great.  Its been on my MSX for several months and holds up great.  Not sure how it will remove but not even thinking about that since its working so well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2PNVNS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That does look like it might be a better looking option, and perhaps easier to cut to specific shapes.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:01 PM, Rywokast said:

What is that hard plastic trim that you had on the bottom and sides of the pedals on the ACM2.

When I got it, I saw that trim and was like oh that will come off fast.  But then poked at it and was like damn this is stuck on here well.  Whatever that plastic trim is it's some quality stuff with good adhesive.

8 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

What is that hard plastic trim that you had on the bottom and sides of the pedals on the ACM2.

When I got it, I saw that trim and was like oh that will come off fast.  But then poked at it and was like damn this is stuck on here well.  Whatever that plastic trim is it's some quality stuff with good adhesive.

that shit will never come off unless you want it to.. literally you can scrape the pedals all you want it will only wear down.. never once had it come off, i always put it on and around the pedals, depending on the style sometimes i will add it to the euc too.. i also have some stuff thats like 3x that size that i use on my ks16s as a bumper because thats the one i always take into shops etc and i dont want to scratch the pretty wheel xD think its this one https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/cowles-custom-black-and-chrome-molding-various-sizes-0419306p.html#srp (for some reason the thinner size isnt listed on their website but its the same one.. 3m super thick sticky adhesive on the back just rubber molding)

you can see i use that in conjunction with the skinny stuff like on your pedals.. also use the edge trim around the bottom of the shell (couldnt fit it on the ACM though)

20180828_175041.jpg

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

• 4 years later...
On 3/17/2019 at 10:28 AM, tessa25 said:

I put removable protective film directly on the wheel and then I put that foam on top of that so it's really easy to pull off.

Removable protective film

Hi @tessa25, that removable protective film does not seem very sticky, based on its intended usage as being a light-duty screen protector for electronics. So, how did you put it on your wheel without being peeled/ripped off in subsequent normal use? Did you NOT stick it on, but rather WRAP it a couple layers around your wheel (like using bandage wrap)? But even so, is such a slim film tough enough to sustain occasional wheel crash?