Why are ther so few Female riders?

Hsiang

25 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

That's easy to do, although amusingly I find it extremely hard to do with my left non-dominant foot.

As you said, very easy with dominant foot. I force myself to do it on both sides.

With NB1 I manage to get 1 1/2 turns !  Spectacular when I nail it!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The skills of @pico is one of the big reasons I committed to my first EUC. If my dancing skills gets the attention it does from ladies I thought about how cool it would be to translate some things onto this not to mention I love to standout. Now I practiced in private a few days so my first exposure to the public would seem like I've been riding it for some time. I've seen clumsy dancers, and I did not want to look like a clumsy rider. No one ever admires the practice, just the performance.

For the ladies  : A female inspiration for me was this lady from Thailand.

Unfortunately her best videos have been taken down  (copyright issue I guess)

56 minutes ago, Oswald Valentine-Lopez said:

No one ever admires the practice

We do, we do!!!  Videos Pleeeaase!  :w00t2:

On an extremely positive note, Los Angeles Electric Unicycle Addicts fb page just gained it's 2nd female member! 😁 2 outta 30. Ok for now, but would love to see the ratio climb! Speaking of which, head on over and join if ya like...😁

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1862054430504477?ref=bookmarks

5 hours ago, LanghamP said:

That's easy to do, although amusingly I find it extremely hard to do with my left non-dominant foot.

What I would like to do is somehow get on my wheel without stooping to turn it on and standing it up. Nooooo idea on how to do that, it seems impossible.

That, I believe I have done.  It requires the down side pedal to flop open by gravity alone and the top pedal to stay open. I have weakened my pedal springs and my big foot pedals add a good few oz, so I have the ingredients. It also requires a wheel that won't shoot off once it passes the 45 degree gyro cut off.  The other trick is getting your non dominant foot close enough to the laid down wheel so that when you have flipped the wheel vertical, the foot is now not 2 feet away from the wheel. But a bit of one foot maneuvering can bring the wheel within range to launch.

I'll try it and YESSS, I'll film it.  No film, didn't happen. yada yada yada.

5 hours ago, LanghamP said:

What I would like to do is somehow get on my wheel without stooping to turn it on and standing it up. Nooooo idea on how to do that, it seems impossible.

here you go, @LanghamP, with the help of Daniel Contino

3 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Here ya go.  Sorry about the grainy picture; it's a poorly lit entrance hall (for photography)

You will have to make it more dramatic for the ladies ;)

Unfortunately I don't have a wheel nearby to show you my version...

So, you win! :cheers:

34 minutes ago, pico said:

You will have to make it more dramatic for the ladies ;)

Unfortunately I don't have a wheel nearby to show you my version...

So, you win! :cheers:

Sorry, but you're living la vida local in Puerto Vallarta  so that trumps everything.:cheers: <- Margaritas

51 minutes ago, Smoother said:

Here ya go.  Sorry about the grainy picture; it's a poorly lit entrance hall (for photography)

It doesn't cut on 45 degree side to side incline like Gotway, or 35~ish for my NB1?

16 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

It doesn't cut on 45 degree side to side incline like Gotway, or 35~ish for my NB1?

Just tried with the KS 18XL, it cuts out at 45° then re-engages when it's like 20°  from vertical

1 minute ago, Flyboy10 said:

Just tried with the KS 18XL, it cuts out at 45° then re-engages when it's like 20°  from vertical

Okay so if we do 45 degree on a bowl then it will simply cut and we fall like what happened to Chooch.

44 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I haven't measured the angle. It seems like 45 degrees on and off, i'll have to verify that after reading what @Flyboy10 said. It's nice and predictable; no dramatic wheel spin.

25 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Okay so if we do 45 degree on a bowl then it will simply cut and we fall like what happened to Chooch.

Yes, that's what I've heard.  Try it yourself.  Turn the wheel on and push it forward, gradually leaning it over.  Somewhere, you will feel it stop balancing.  That's the KS way, YMMV

4 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Yesterday I convinced my wife to try the BMX track on her OneWheel.

This is what kept me from getting a OneWheel well that and the "Made in the most obnoxiously expensive city in the US" price tag.

That Cirque Du Soleil bail and accompanying Chewbacca yelp were 10/10 though.

5 hours ago, trya said:

here you go, @LanghamP, with the help of Daniel Contino

These are some of my favorite tricks because they are practical.

I wish all EUCs were more customizable concerning cut off and power options so you can try different things and ride bowls etc at steep angles. I also wish there was a feature that would flip out the pedal at the push of a button (like spring loaded) or a smoother way to turn the power on.

10 hours ago, tenofnine said:

This is what kept me from getting a OneWheel well that and the "Made in the most obnoxiously expensive city in the US" price tag.

100% of all off-road videos of the One Wheel are that of going downhill. To be fair, all EUCs are basically limited to manicured lawns because potholes kill us.

2 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

all EUCs are basically limited to manicured lawns because potholes kill us.

I disagree... If you have an 18" wheel or bigger. 😉 I purposely go over potholes now. Adds a little bounce in my ride. I also off-road a bit and they do a pretty good job.

2 hours ago, Lutalo said:

Only narcolepsy could cause a fall like this :sleep1:

You're misquoting, I never said that. I replied to someone who said that.

5 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

100% of all off-road videos of the One Wheel are that of going downhill. To be fair, all EUCs are basically limited to manicured lawns because potholes kill us.

I don't really have issues with potholes, a OneWheel's entire tiny 6 inch wheel would get stuck in holes that an EUC could roll over.

OneWheel's also take time to adjust to inclines and declines, not the case on even the cheapest of EUCs. having a nose and tail is just bad design for climbing or descending or off-road.

You need to watch more videos of EUCs crushing off road stuff, the only off road OneWheel stuff I've seen are on very manicured dirt paths. Anything rougher and I see them stepping off every minute or less.

The only advantage OneWheel has that I like is the wider tire.

40 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

OneWheel's entire tiny 6 inch wheel would get stuck in holes that an EUC could roll over.

I've ridden a few times with a group of One Wheelers; my MSuper was not really comparable because of the range, speed, and terrain capabilities. One spends more time recharging while drinking coffee than actually riding.

As for the off road capabilities of an 18 incher, yes it is much better than a one wheel but the weight of the wheel means a crash can easily crack the shell. Possibly the ks18 has a more durable shell. Interestingly I've never crashed going downhill but I've crashed plenty going uphill, whereas on a bicycle it's the opposite.

In my opinion, if you're doing true off-loading or a very rough trail, just get a mountain bike and be done with it, because the EUC is terribly unsuitable to ground outside of pavement and the manicured lawn.

Archived