Why are ther so few Female riders?

Hsiang

On 3/15/2019 at 1:00 PM, Ipsiain said:

In my experience women seem more likley to approach you, rather than the guys just shouting from across the street. One time when i rode past a pub at around 11pm a young lady ran up to me and cut me off, she started asking questions. Mostly about the wheel, but she asked a few about myself too, I guess she was just trying to butter me up before she popped the big question... Can i have a go?

I explained to her that my battery was low and I was just trying to baby it to get home. She was persistent ( and damn tidy ) so I reluctantly caved in. I gave her plenty warning on how difficult it is to learn, and it takes many attempts ect ect. She stepped on and as i steadied her with a stiff arm for her to use for balance she slowly lent forward and started to move away, i swung round behind her, following her closly and my hand gently placed on her hips anticipating the fall and grabbing onto her. As her speed increased and the wobbles eased i let go and she was riding all by her self unaided for about 30meters. 

What she acheived on her first attempt took me 40-50

I thought that story was going in a different direction when you started talking about your hands wandering down her hips.  Do we have a section yet for Erotic EUC Encounters?  

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Blueblade said:

Someone needs to come up with electric figure unicycling. 

I am on it.

Compulsory intermediate: Spirit of Exctasy.

216807520_spiritofexctasy.gif.70ab697ead8f1b9f753beb036afb300c.gif

4 hours ago, Vanzen said:

"Your quite good looking but your are ridiculous with this ugly thing, I ll  just ignore you when I see you with .." And I dont exagerate.... So now way to expect many french woman using eucycles ...

But French women, you know ... And especially  Parisian French women ...

Was she talking directly to the wheel ?:D

I think they're around. Not as much as us guys of course, but I did randomly meet a female wheeler in LA, while about on my wheel. She's every bit as addicted to hers as most of us. She's in her 20's. Actress. Looks great on a wheel, btw. 😎👊😍

I think they exist, but without running into her, I'd never know she exists. Turns out she shares my daughter's birthday! 

Women tend not to be as big of nerds as us, not hanging out on forums, etc...

But yes, we need to even out the playing field! Gotta make more videos featuring women riders...🤔 

17 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Women tend not to be as big of nerds as us, not hanging out on forums, etc...

Of course women hang out on forums, it's just theirs have names like Facebook and Instagram, and Twitter.;) You can recognize them when you run over them because they physically can't look up when walking or crossing a road.  How many of us walk while accessing this forum?:rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Vanzen said:

Unfortunately a lot of pretty women I know In Paris have told me this :

"Your quite good looking but your are ridiculous with this ugly thing, I ll  just ignore you when I see you with .." And I dont exagerate.... So now way to expect many french woman using eucycles ...

But French women, you know ... And especially  Parisian French women ...

I can't say I have had the same experience. Maybe it's because my wheel is prettier? Or maybe it's because I don't wear an helmet and these ugly wrist/elbow/knee guards? What do we know...

4 minutes ago, Mono said:

I can't say I have had the same experience. Maybe it's because my wheel is prettier? Or maybe it's because I don't wear an helmet and these ugly wrist/elbow/knee guards? What do we know...

I think you struck the nail on the head.   Women just can't see my striking beauty through all of the safety gear.   Makes sense now, thanks!

24 minutes ago, Mono said:

Or maybe it's because I don't wear an helmet and these ugly wrist/elbow/knee guards? What do we know...

Not wearing protection makes you quite ugly eventually.

6 hours ago, KalSeth said:

I thought that story was going in a different direction when you started talking about your hands wandering down her hips.  Do we have a section yet for Erotic EUC Encounters?  

Well i’m not going to lie, my mind was wandering slightly during those sequence of events and she ended up invited me into the pub after it all. I’m pretty sure she was just trying to trick me into giving her girlfriends a shot too. 

A few weeks later i found myself in a similar situation riding past a different pub, but the girl in question was a bit on the heavy side and rough around the edges. I flat out refused her. :)

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Not wearing protection makes you quite ugly eventually.

Or not, what do we know! At least forgoing the gear boosts my urge to ride carefully and defensively. That is a beautiful thing for everybody, isn't it?

17 minutes ago, Mono said:

Or not, what do we know! At least forgoing the gear boosts my urge to ride carefully and defensively. That is a beautiful thing for everybody, isn't it?

Yep, right until you check out the hottie walking down the street, distracted until you hit a bump, flap arms vigorously, then crash epically.   That might get you sympathy points but not very likely, you do you. 

11 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

[...] distracted until you hit a bump, flap arms vigorously, then crash epically.

Sure, after 13000+km I have been there. Unfortunately, it didn't even leave a single sexy scar on my face. The closest I came to a scarf was hitting a road sign with my head, because I hadn't internalized yet that I am 10cm taller standing on the wheel. I hadn't checked until now, but indeed, the (subtle) scarf is there :) It's not likely to happen again, at least not any time soon, before dementia sets in, and also the waiting time between epic crashes seems to become longer and longer (almost like boring).

Scarfs bring us right back to the original topic though: they are much more appealing on men's faces which may be, in part literally and in part figuratively, the main reason why we see so few female riders.

9 hours ago, Mono said:

Sure, after 13000+km I have been there. Unfortunately, it didn't even leave a single sexy scarf on my face. The closest I came to a scarf was hitting a road sign with my head, because I hadn't internalized yet that I am 10cm taller standing on the wheel. I hadn't checked until now, but indeed, the (subtle) scarf is there :) It's not likely to happen again, at least not any time soon, before dementia sets in, and also the waiting time between epic crashes seems to become longer and longer (almost like boring).

Scarfs bring us right back to the original topic though: they are much more appealing on men's faces which may be, in part literally and in part figuratively, the main reason why we see so few female riders.

Scarfs?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMoesuGHtPwzEaN5djbg6

or scars?

300px-Scar_(xndr).jpg

:D People on this forum "do" English so well, it comes as quite a shock when the occasional word gets sideways. 

So just under 3 years ago, on our first date told my gf about EUC's and managed to convince her to go on a second date and try it out.  She learnt pretty quicly on an inmotion V3 and proceeded to buy her a V5f+ which she mastered pretty quickly.  So there was me optimistically thinking we would be riding wheels together... 

Few problems:

• She only wants to use her EUC when it's warm and dry (which is very limiting with UK weather).
  • She will only use her EUC if I'm with her, even though it would cut her commuting time in half.
  • She will not use it if there are many people around as she is scared of it hitting pedestrians (bad experience when learning where she came off and nearly took out a child).
  • She will not use it on the road with cars around as she is scared of being run over.

Last summer we went to Italy for two weeks. I shipped out our EUC's and did quite a bit of riding together by the lake and sea fronts which she enjoyed. And she has promised me once the weather improves this year she will come out with me more often, and she's keen on taking the Eurostar to Paris and ride out there.

IMG_3646.thumb.jpg.4f3870b392d466bd5c988281d452d19d.jpg

Yea it's weird I actually love riding in the streets with cars ( like your GF initially I thought it would be scary and intimidating)

One thing that I've experienced way too much though is drivers and others getting distracted or staring and they end up making situations more dangerous or they break traffic laws while they are rubber-necking.

Like at 4 way stops I always stop just like a bicyclist would as well. But if there is a car that has stopped before I've even arrived 75% of the time they will sit there staring waiting to see me stop and then ride off on this weird one wheeled thing. So I almost always have to take a right turn then u-turn behind them when they finally decide to go.

When these become more commonplace (if they ever do) that will not be a worry hopefully. I personally hate the attention but I love riding these things, you can't be anti-social or introverted riding one of these contraptions. I get stopped and questioned way too often, I know I should spread the gospel but I hate the attention and I'm not the most social person.

On 3/16/2019 at 6:22 PM, LanghamP said:

Change the facts and I change my mind.

There is something awful, an assault on verifiable evidence, occuring nowdays in our society, permeating even here to some small part where we have an undue number of science degrees on this forum.

It's almost pointless to even talk to a socialogistt or psychologist unless they also happen to be an evolutionary biology too, because they're so stupid from their education.

Or talking to a person who denies man made climate change.

Faith is making a comeback, because so many people regardless of their political spectrum are believing what they know ain't so.

Spot on.

And because so many websites exist that contain lies but look a bit legit, any argument you make is immediately countered with "you should do your research", whereby every website is considered equal as a source of truth, except those of big institutions, because they are obviously corrupt and are used by Big Government / Big Pharma / Big We Make Shitloads Of Money By Making You Think The Earth Is Round / Big .... to spread lies and keep us dumb. And then you are considered to be the one that is narrow minded and "doesn't understand how things really work in the world".

All this while they are using technology based on all the stuff they don't believe in to spread their crap and lies, with in some cases (anti-vax) deadly consequences :facepalm:

Come to think of it, I never checked it out but I wonder how flat-earthers explain how GPS works.

Anyway, rant over. Time to go outside and sniff some of those delicious chemtrails they just dropped above my house :wub:

On 3/17/2019 at 2:40 PM, tenofnine said:

I feel like in Paris it would be super practical since a lot of things are within EUC range, plus you're helping the environment. That's a shame that Parisian women feel that way.

France has a big EUC population. I think one of the biggest in Europe (uneducated guess :) Didn't study actual numbers).

On 3/17/2019 at 2:40 PM, tenofnine said:

It's so weird to think about how everyone thinks regular ol' bicycles are cool or "not dorky". In reality they take up a lot of space, they are  kind of awkward,  they can be pretty heavy, and they could still be improved upon. I guess it's just cause they are considered efficient, they are old, and they are everywhere that they get a pass.

And then most people think scooters are lame, but they think skateboarding is cool, etc. It's interesting how the majority opinion shifts against specific things.

This is just typical for new technology.

Remember cell phones in the nineties? When you pulled one out in public and made a phone call you were considered an attention-seeker and an asshole. And look where we are now ...

25 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

France has a big EUC population. I think one of the biggest in Europe (uneducated guess :) Didn't study actual numbers).

This is just typical for new technology.

Remember cell phones in the nineties? When you pulled one out in public and made a phone call you were considered an attention-seeker and an asshole. And look where we are now ...

I don't quite remember that, but then again I was 8-10 when Cell phones were coming up

I feel like it's not true for all tech, in fact nowadays it seems like most new tech no matter how obnoxious gets lauded right away then later people either forget about it or cringe when they look back upon how cool they thought it was.

Then you look at skateboarding and what a roller coaster of public opinion it's had, now it's seen as cool across the board (no pun intended) except for older people.

Touchscreens also haven't had much pushback at all, I still can't stand touch screen interfaces. There was a nice hybrid for a short period of time with slide out or fixed tactile buttons and touch interface (blackberry being my fave). Touch screens still feel clumsy, inaccurate, and accident prone to me (why you see so many more cracked touch phones than anything else).

1 hour ago, tenofnine said:

I feel like it's not true for all tech, in fact nowadays it seems like most new tech no matter how obnoxious gets lauded right away then later people either forget about it or cringe when they look back upon how cool they thought it was.

IMO not really. Tech that is based upon existing tech maybe. But going from a cellphone with keys to a cellphone with a touch screen is not as "disruptive" as going from phones with fixed cords that you can use at home to phones that you can use to call whilst surrounded by a bunch of strangers in a supermarket.

1 hour ago, tenofnine said:

Then you look at skateboarding and what a roller coaster of public opinion it's had, now it's seen as cool across the board (no pun intended) except for older people.

That's because the generation that grew up when skateboarding arrived on the scene now is mature and they are used to seeing it from when they were kids. Pretty sure that the people in their 50's when it became huge thought of it as a nuisance, with the noise it makes and skaters vandalising property by grinding and sliding on stuff.

Look at all the negativity that surrounds dockless scooters. People are rioting all over the place, because "it litters the streets" and "they drive like maniacs", yet you see no such pushback when it comes to bicycles (where riders do the same in some places).

Because bicycles never "litter the streets" ...

100603sint_pieters_fiets-006.jpg

Weird that we don't have Instagram accounts dedicated to people running around and breaking bicycles ...

And why is that? Because everyone grew up seeing bicycles all over the place in some cities.

@Smoother  Another way to get some female attention...

Be sure to do it with a BIG wheel...:efee612b4b:

ezgif-5-ec499c9b049a.gif.fd96d8393f22356dadfe1737f4521a3b.gif

1 hour ago, pico said:

@Smoother  Another way to get some female attention...

Be sure to do it with a BIG wheel...:efee612b4b:

ezgif-5-ec499c9b049a.gif.fd96d8393f22356dadfe1737f4521a3b.gif

That, I might be able to pull off.  Maybe I'll get off my ass and go try it now.  Maybe a bit later. Hey, I don't even have to go outside!

Sorry, I'm out of ""ups"  too generous again.  Catch you later.

4 hours ago, pico said:

Another way to get some female attention...

That's easy to do, although amusingly I find it extremely hard to do with my left non-dominant foot.

What I would like to do is somehow get on my wheel without stooping to turn it on and standing it up. Nooooo idea on how to do that, it seems impossible.

Archived