Los Angeles, Ca.- Ciclavia °° Sunday, April 28, 2019 °° 9am-4pm

Freewheeler

On 4/16/2019 at 6:11 PM, Marty Backe said:

With your fast charger you should be able to make this. I've done the loop on my 995wh Z10 without a recharge, but had to keep my speed under 19-mph. That shouldn't be a problem for you :laughbounce2:

On 3/15/2019 at 6:57 AM, Marty Backe said:

if you were to charge at Hooters (which some of us have done) you could probably make the entire loop if you manage your energy consumption (don't ride fast).

So this ride will be at speeds below 20 mph, sounds good. My son also wants to come along with his KS16S.

Looks like we will be having a Fast Charging Party at Hooters!

Oops including myself I have a KS18L.:whistling:

@Dzlchef  @Jambo & my good friend = 3x - KS16S 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave U said:

So this ride will be at speeds below 20 mph, sounds good. My son also wants to come along with his KS16S.

Great.

Everyone who is going to recharge should bring an extension cord to make access to the wall sockets easier.

• Upvote 1

Yes I'm finally in! :w00t2:

This will be my first group ride. Hopefully my ankles will hold up for 45 miles..

Any tips and tricks for us newbs? I'm riding Z10

Edited by Kens
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kens said:

Yes I'm finally in! :w00t2:

This will be my first group ride. Hopefully my ankles will hold up for 45 miles..

Any tips and tricks for us newbs? I'm riding Z10

I think you'll have a great time. Bring your charger for sure. I've ridden this route on my Z10, but I barely made it back. With our CicLAvia detour you'll definitely need to top things off midpoint.

Hopefully you've ridden far before, because going from 15-miles to 40+ miles could be a challenge. Fortunately we will be stopping periodically, including a long break for lunch. So you should be fine. You'll probably sleep good Sunday night :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave U said:

I think Jambo gets his 18XL this week, no need to charge midway for him. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I think Jambo gets his 18XL this week, no need to charge midway for him. 

Damn, now I want the KS18XL:thumbup: ! Might just have to put my wheel up for sale after Sundays ride :confused1:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dave U said:

Damn, now I want the KS18XL:thumbup: ! Might just have to put my wheel up for sale after Sundays ride :confused1:

It’s been hard for me to wait for the 16X but I’m hanging in there!!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

It’s been hard for me to wait for the 16X but I’m hanging in there!!! 

I just heard that the 16X is getting delayed until ~October.

I'm kidding :-)

Just now, Marty Backe said:

I just heard that the 16X is getting delayed until ~October.

I'm kidding :-)

That’s mean!  

YOU haven’t made my decision to wait any easier, but I thank you for it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Austin said:

@Marty Backe Thanks for the invite, I think Sunday works for me so I'm going to try to join you guys! I just got a K16S two weeks ago and had an awesome ride on 4/20 @Rama Douglas put together.

Yes, I saw you kept @Rama Douglas company so he wasn't the only EUCer on that ride. Look forward to meeting you on Sunday. Be sure to bring your charger so that you can make the entire ride.

As the gods have it, I'll once again be unavailable for this one. Forgot that I have a family reunion (wife's side 😱) that day. I was originally going to be working, and when it cancelled, I was excited I could finally make this ride with a decent amount of people 😁...then wife chimed in about Sunday 😵...I knew then I was doomed. 🙃

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rama Douglas said:

As the gods have it, I'll once again be unavailable for this one. Forgot that I have a family reunion (wife's side 😱) that day. I was originally going to be working, and when it cancelled, I was excited I could finally make this ride with a decent amount of people 😁...then wife chimed in about Sunday 😵...I knew then I was doomed. 🙃

Oh that sucks. I keep thinking you'll make one of these. Looks like there's going to be a big turnout.

3 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Oh that sucks. I keep thinking you'll make one of these. Looks like there's going to be a big turnout.

Well, at least it's safe to say I'll be there on spirit. Come summer time, I should have more weekend availability...

Edited by Rama Douglas
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Rama Douglas said:

Well, at least it's safe to say I'll be there on spirit. Come summer time, I should have more weekend availability...

And I thought your helmet and my cape would be a great combination rolling down the trails :D

21 minutes ago, maltocs said:

I will probably be in as well but I'll meet you all along the trail. Please let me know if you guys decide to deviate from the planned route before cicLAvia. 

We will decide at the beginning if cicLAvia will be visited. My only concern is that ~10-miles will be added to the entire ride, making this a ~50-mile ride. We'll take a vote at the beginning.

From my experience, you will never find us. Will we leave at 9am sharp, or 9:30 due to unforeseen circumstances. And once riding, how fast will we be going? I've tried providing real-time updates to our position in the past, but it becomes a real pain because you're always stopping to update the position and trying to communicate with the person trying to find you. I've decided not to do it again because it detracts too much from the ride.

Other people can do as they wish of course :)

If you do find us, great! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

If you do find us, great! 

I wasn't actually going to look for you, I was going to wait for you to show up somewhere around Willow along the route. I plan to be there at 10a and just hang out until the group arrives. 

I just need to know if that's a good time and location to intercept you guys regardless whether or not cicLAvia happens. 

If only someone could do a real time Glympse or something. 

• Like 1