Los Angeles, Ca.- Ciclavia °° Sunday, April 28, 2019 °° 9am-4pm

Freewheeler

That may be the shortest CicLAvia yet. I think I'll plan a group ride for that day that can swing by and partake for a bit and then continue to Long Beach / Seal Beach and further.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

That may be the shortest CicLAvia yet. I think I'll plan a group ride for that day that can swing by and partake for a bit and then continue to Long Beach / Seal Beach and further.

I second that plan.  Looking forward to riding in that area, maybe lunch in Belmont Shore???  Or, and I’m just throwing it out there...Hooters 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I second that plan.  Looking forward to riding in that area, maybe lunch in Belmont Shore???  Or, and I’m just throwing it out there...Hooters 

I think if we eat at Hooters again, it'll become the tradition for that ride :efefd0f676:. Is that a bad thing? :confused1:

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I think if we eat at Hooters again, it'll become the tradition for that ride :efefd0f676:. Is that a bad thing? :confused1:

I’ve never been on that ride before so a new tradition 🍻🎉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I’ve never been on that ride before so a new tradition 🍻🎉

Remind me again what you are riding right now?

19 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

KS16S 

So if we do the "big" ride which includes swinging by the CicLAvia and then proceeding to Long Beach with lunch at Hooters, you could certainly start with us in Downey and do a fair bit of the beach (including lunch of course) before having to turn around. Who knows, if you were to charge at Hooters (which some of us have done) you could probably make the entire loop if you manage your energy consumption (don't ride fast). I've done this loop on my 995wh Z10.

Anyway, options to consider.

7 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

So if we do the "big" ride which includes swinging by the CicLAvia and then proceeding to Long Beach with lunch at Hooters, you could certainly start with us in Downey and do a fair bit of the beach (including lunch of course) before having to turn around. Who knows, if you were to charge at Hooters (which some of us have done) you could probably make the entire loop if you manage your energy consumption (don't ride fast). I've done this loop on my 995wh Z10.

Anyway, options to consider.

Maybe I can sweet talk a server into letting me plug in with my fast charger then it’s no problem.  Once I win the new KS16X then I’ll be able to leave the charger at home. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dzlchef said:

Maybe I can sweet talk a server into letting me plug in with my fast charger then it’s no problem.  Once I win the new KS16X then I’ll be able to leave the charger at home. 😉

If you have a fast charger then you're set. We've been here multiple times and it's no problem plugging-in. No sweet-talking necessary, but don't let that stop you :efefd0f676:

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

I would hope to come on this ride too but I don't have a fast charger and ride a 16S so likely will only be able to do a small section

Ask another rider to bring a KS charger and also get hold of a Charge Doctor, et voila!... a fast charger, 4 Amps. 

EDIT: Make sure the chargers and the Charge Doctor are compatible

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

I would hope to come on this ride too but I don't have a fast charger and ride a 16S so likely will only be able to do a small section

It’ll still be a lot of fun and we’ll worth the effort.  If you happen upon a charge doctor then I’d be happy bringing my slow charger too if that helps get you the range. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

Considering that it's possible to just do this ride with a 1000wh wheel, you could do the majority of the ride, not a small section. Particularly if you're will to Uber back. If you need to ride back then you will probably be limited to 1/2 the ride. It'll still be a fun time.

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Bumping up since we are less than 2 weeks away.   @Marty Backe what's the plan for the after ride?

Guess I'll post a ride announcement, starting in Downey (usual spot for this ride), departing at 9am. Then ride the river, swing by CivLAvia, and then proceed to Hooters for lunch (and a charge). Then we complete the ~45-mile loop.

With your fast charger you should be able to make this. I've done the loop on my 995wh Z10 without a recharge, but had to keep my speed under 19-mph. That shouldn't be a problem for you :laughbounce2:

This will be a perfect opportunity to wear my cape again B)

On 3/16/2019 at 1:28 AM, Jambo said:

Can I assume that a soon to be happy new KS18XL owner is planning on making the ride?

On 4/16/2019 at 6:11 PM, Marty Backe said:

Guess I'll post a ride announcement, starting in Downey (usual spot for this ride), departing at 9am. Then ride the river, swing by CivLAvia, and then proceed to Hooters for lunch (and a charge). Then we complete the ~45-mile loop.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-hooters-15-for-30-egift-card-to-hooters-3

• Like 1

OK guys, it's on for this Sunday. This will be a ~45-mile ride with an opportunity to recharge your wheel while we recharge for lunch at Hooters. I have done this on a ~1000wh wheel with no recharge, so if you have a 800+wh wheel and a charger, you can make it. Worst case, you can join us for half the ride and lunch at Hooters and Uber back to the starting point for $10.

@Dzlchef will be on his KS16S, so if can manage, what's holding you back?

We will meet starting at 8:30am with a departure at ~9am. From there we travel the Rio Hondo river to meet up with the CicLAvia event. After spending some time there we will continue to the Long Beach oceanfront where those who need a recharge can do so, and we can all enjoy some refreshments at Hooters. Then we will continue to Seal Beach (beautiful ocean route) and up the San Gabriel river to return to the starting point.

39583106864_9b4d3a8cda_b.jpg

Expect to be gone until 2 or 3pm.

The meetup location is the Stonewood Mall, in Downey. Here is the Map Pin

RSVP if you'll be joining us.

@enigma35 @HeavyGoing @Marvin Ong @Mushuukyou @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel @Questor @Roll Model @Mike Hanna @Jon Sawa @serfy @swvision @Kimosabi @zentype @ndmcc @Mimir @Josh Morgan

Maybe Someday Members

@nbxpq3 @Shawn Johnson @IRK @MikeV @Peter Q @Sketch @captainwells @NBC44 @Stan Onymous @Gizmo Dork @Alsayyad @Chairman S @who_the @Dave Frear  @roghaj @downtown @Yunicyle @Terenig @Dave U @Flying W @Heyzeus @NightRider @Mike Hanna @Klin @3euc @Unosolo @Williepimpin @Heyzeus @JomMas  @BlackOutEX @Freewheeler @TomM @tihoa @Ferreal@Austin @Jesse Wilson @Tarzan @An87ttype @Josh Morgan @WHEELMAN1 @BlackOutEX @JomMas @TomM @roghaj @Yunicycle @Austin @Jambo @Kens

Active Members

@csmyers @noisycarlos @Tanabe @Dzlchef @Ando Melkonyan @YoshiSkySun @n2eus @maltocs @1Wheeler @Rama Douglas @Nick McCutcheon @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Sad to not get added to the list even after mentioning in this very thread I was going to try to make it! ;)

Sorry - too many names to try and keep track of :unsure: I've added you to the distribution list :)