Gotway Tesla vs Tesla v2 vs Nikola?

KingOsmos

Hey guys, 

So I currently own an Inmotion V8, its my first wheel and I have only had it for 3 months.  I absolutely love it but I would like to get something with better range as the V8 480wh battery is not enough. I am not ready to shell out 2k for an EUC though. I did my research and absolutely fell in love with the Tesla. 1900W motor, 1020wh battery and an amazing acceleration ( I am not a speed demon, I enjoy brutal acceleration though). 

My biggest question is this... if I was to buy a wheel within the next 2 months, what do you think would be best? The Tesla was released more than a year and half ago and at the end of last year, there were rumors of an updated Tesla model. The problem is that information regarding almost any Gotway wheel is really scarce on the internet. Even Youtube, the only great source for the Tesla i U-Stride. Has anyone heard anything regarding an updated Tesla V2? 

At this point in time I probably do not need to take Tesla V2 as its existence is unsure so my radar is focused on Tesla or Nikola. I looked at the spec sheet and the midrange Nikola model has  the same specs as the Tesla but it is going to cost 800 bucks more. Any ideas why this could be? I assume they have a very similar motor 1900W vs 2000W and same battery size. As of now the information on Nikola is really scarce as well. 

I guess the bottom line is.... A) Any news or rumors on Gotway Tesla v2? B ) What makes the future Gotway Nikola so special to justify its insane price especially compared to the Tesla? 

Hello !

Excuse me in advance for my english translated from google translate;) (french).

I have the Tesla "V1" so the first version of September 2017. They released in 2018 a version very slightly improved with a new motherboard and adds a fan and increases the surface of the heat sink.

In addition, with the new motherboard there are new modes for LEDs. Otherwise it goes from 1900 to 2000 w from what I saw.

Personally, mine suits me very well like that. For the nikola, I leave room for other wheelers who knows better.

3 hours ago, kelec_947 said:

Hello !

Excuse me in advance for my english translated from google translate;) (french).

I have the Tesla "V1" so the first version of September 2017. They released in 2018 a version very slightly improved with a new motherboard and adds a fan and increases the surface of the heat sink.

In addition, with the new motherboard there are new modes for LEDs. Otherwise it goes from 1900 to 2000 w from what I saw.

Personally, mine suits me very well like that. For the nikola, I leave room for other wheelers who knows better.

Hey man, thanks for your input! 

Ok that makes sense that Tesla made some minor reliability updates. Do you think they will still release a new Tesla model? 

Would you still buy the Tesla today? I am not a speed demon but I love strong acceleration from 0 speed. Is it good? What is your realistic range and how long have you had the Tesla? I would love to know how the machine is doing after 1+ years :)

for the moment they are going out the Nikola gotway so I think it would be bad to release a new tesla that would be hidden. besides, I do not think he's coming out of a V2. there is nothing more to bring to this wheel (the Tesla) which is excellent on all points. we see it well in the US or FR forums, it has no flaws. great glide, large trolley, wide pedals, egg design for shocks it only damages the outer shell. So yes again I will take my Tesla and not another wheel. the only "default" is its weight but with 1020w boarded it was to be expected;)

On 3/13/2019 at 2:46 PM, KingOsmos said:

Hey guys, 

So I currently own an Inmotion V8, its my first wheel and I have only had it for 3 months.  I absolutely love it but I would like to get something with better range as the V8 480wh battery is not enough. I am not ready to shell out 2k for an EUC though. I did my research and absolutely fell in love with the Tesla. 1900W motor, 1020wh battery and an amazing acceleration ( I am not a speed demon, I enjoy brutal acceleration though). 

My biggest question is this... if I was to buy a wheel within the next 2 months, what do you think would be best? The Tesla was released more than a year and half ago and at the end of last year, there were rumors of an updated Tesla model. The problem is that information regarding almost any Gotway wheel is really scarce on the internet. Even Youtube, the only great source for the Tesla i U-Stride. Has anyone heard anything regarding an updated Tesla V2? 

At this point in time I probably do not need to take Tesla V2 as its existence is unsure so my radar is focused on Tesla or Nikola. I looked at the spec sheet and the midrange Nikola model has  the same specs as the Tesla but it is going to cost 800 bucks more. Any ideas why this could be? I assume they have a very similar motor 1900W vs 2000W and same battery size. As of now the information on Nikola is really scarce as well. 

I guess the bottom line is.... A) Any news or rumors on Gotway Tesla v2? B ) What makes the future Gotway Nikola so special to justify its insane price especially compared to the Tesla? 

there is nothing on a v2 tesla not even rumors.. with the current shell and technology where its at there is nothing to be improved upon.. except battery size, but again.. the shell would have to change, which is where the nikola comes in.. imo, it is too large for a 16" wheel.. its bigger than most 18 inch wheels.. but it does have the 1600 wh battery which is where the price would come in.. what do you mean by the information is scarce? there is full specs as well as size and features listed and in videos.. if you need the 1600 wh battery and want to stick with a 16" wheel, nikola or wait a few months longer for ks16x.. otherwise there are no current 16 inchers with those specs, you would have to move on to an 18 in.. msuper v3, msx, ks18xl, ks 18s.. you could find an older acm model while its certainly compact the nominal power is 500 W less than the aforementioned and to get one now its quite expensive for its age.. anyways the tesla is over a year old and much cheaper to produce im sure than the nikola, plus the nikola isnt even out yet so of course pre order prices will be more expensive.. but if you were to get the comparable size battery version of the nikola its not that much more expensive than the tesla.. youre used to a v8 so im sure a high shell doesnt bother you that much.. you should go with the tesla its a fantastic wheel in all regards besides the initial conditioning.. just dont crash it at high speed the shell isnt known for its durability lol

10 hours ago, kelec_947 said:

for the moment they are going out the Nikola gotway so I think it would be bad to release a new tesla that would be hidden. besides, I do not think he's coming out of a V2. there is nothing more to bring to this wheel (the Tesla) which is excellent on all points. we see it well in the US or FR forums, it has no flaws. great glide, large trolley, wide pedals, egg design for shocks it only damages the outer shell. So yes again I will take my Tesla and not another wheel. the only "default" is its weight but with 1020w boarded it was to be expected;)

From some of the damaged shells I've seen online it seems like the biggest improvement they could make would be making the shell more rugged.

I would love to one day see an EUC that has a shell that is as rugged as a rhino lined truckbed liner.  Might be too heavy though.

@KingOsmos IMO Nikola IS the Tesla V2. Nikola is too expensive because its new and Gotway has a strategy of ever increasing prices. If I were you I would buy the Tesla now, before they stop production. The ACM2 2000W was a superb wheel: they stopped it! Beware of Gotway. :D

Archived