John O'Rourke

Tilt back settings?

I just got my V8 and I'm loving it so far, but I'm having a hard time dialing in the tilt back setting. Sometimes I get the feeling my toes are going to touch the ground when I start going up a hill, is that normal? It seems like the pedals are constantly re-adjusting during my ride, is that normal too? I'm guessing I just need to get used to it, but I am curious what everyone has their tilt back set at? 

Thanks

4 hours ago, UniVehje said:

https://www.inmotionworld.com/blog/what-is-zero-offset-calibration-of-inmotion-unicycle

You might need to do this calibration. See if it helps. 

In particular the Part 2 part should help.

The description is funny: Part 1: set the angle; Part 2: calibrate, but note that after calibration the angle setting is deleted.

7 hours ago, UniVehje said:

https://www.inmotionworld.com/blog/what-is-zero-offset-calibration-of-inmotion-unicycle

You might need to do this calibration. See if it helps. 

I'm a bit confused. It doesn't tell me how to do the calibration, is it within the app somewhere? The app has been pretty bad for me so far. And after I do the calibration, I was curious what the angle setting should be/what most people prefer? 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, John O'Rourke said:

I'm a bit confused. It doesn't tell me how to do the calibration, is it within the app somewhere? The app has been pretty bad for me so far. And after I do the calibration, I was curious what the angle setting should be/what most people prefer? 

Try this video: 

Your symptom sounds like what I had when I did the calibration wrongly. If you do it correctly as in the video, it should fix your problem. 

The angle setting is really a preference. Start with 0 degree and experiment. Many people like to have toes pointing slightly up. 

• Upvote 1