EUC gear purchases ;)

Guest PogArt Artur

Guest PogArt Artur

Hi friends.

I used to be a motorbiker, I love to dress that way, so when I started searching for protection gear for EUC, I ended up searching within motorcycle stuff instead ?!

I'm going to commute to work in most cases, on daily basis, so I need the protection gear to be easily wearable,; pants, jacket and go - if you know I mean  ;)

I found myself not fancy the common knee, elbows protector pads, to end up with couple of pieces, and start tighten them on the knees, elbows...

Then go outside in the town and flashing them from far away...

I'm more after a uniform, if you know I mean, to have all of mentioned above protectors already fitted.

This is why I think the motorcycle gear is suitable for my purpose.

It has to be all weather too, as you may guessed already.

As a first buy I went for motorbike waterproof Cordura Textile Trousers.

They will suit me any weather.

The jacket also is going to be for motorcyclist, with protectors fitted around ;)

I'm interested if you wear motorcycle gear my friends as well?

Thanks for reading.

Many of us do, me included. Easy put on is the main reason, I’m afraid I’d start to get lazy and leave some shields off if I had to put every piece on separately.

There are a few issues with MC gear though. First, the shields often move about too easily, and might not be there to protect you at all when you crash. Make sure this isn’t the case with yours. Second, the ability to slide on asphalt with exposed protectors is likely a good thing. Shields under clothing won’t let you slide, so you’re more likely to tumble and break/dislocate joints etc.

This was actually a good reminder for me to fix and improve my jacket before the riding season starts!

i would say that a lot of heavy riders opt for this sort of protection over the basic pads as theyre usually wheeling every day and in many different situations, putting on ten different pieces of protection every time would get real old real quick.. mrelwood is definitely right about starting to get lazy and disregard some padding haha.. that is, in fact why i have never owned a piece of safety gear, purely because i am too lazy to put it on every time i want to ride, and not owning a car that is multiple times every day to many different places and in many different situations

I too am a motorcycle gear wearer.  Mostly because I ride motorcycles and already have it.  The gear is well suited for falling on pavement at speed, and full face helmet is nice to have face protection in event of a face plant too vs a bicycle or skating helmet.

Probably the biggest gap protection wise, would be wrist guards.  Tons of people on here swear by those being the most important piece of all. I know a guy that broke both wrists in a EUC crash soon after learning to ride, so I tend to agree!

(And no, i don't have mine yet.. in the market for some and i still want to ride in the meantime! 😮)

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Many of us do, me included. Easy put on is the main reason, I’m afraid I’d start to get lazy and leave some shields off if I had to put every piece on separately.

There are a few issues with MC gear though. First, the shields often move about too easily, and might not be there to protect you at all when you crash. Make sure this isn’t the case with yours. Second, the ability to slide on asphalt with exposed protectors is likely a good thing. Shields under clothing won’t let you slide, so you’re more likely to tumble and break/dislocate joints etc.

This was actually a good reminder for me to fix and improve my jacket before the riding season starts!

Thanks!

Good point regarding sliding when falling...

I'll be making sure what kind of stuff I'm purchasing.

Thank you ;)

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

i would say that a lot of heavy riders opt for this sort of protection over the basic pads as theyre usually wheeling every day and in many different situations, putting on ten different pieces of protection every time would get real old real quick.. mrelwood is definitely right about starting to get lazy and disregard some padding haha.. that is, in fact why i have never owned a piece of safety gear, purely because i am too lazy to put it on every time i want to ride, and not owning a car that is multiple times every day to many different places and in many different situations

Lol ;)

I'm the same !!!

It would bother me too much to spend extra time to gear up, lol  ;)

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

Thank you!!!

Guest PogArt Artur
19 minutes ago, Blueblade said:

I too am a motorcycle gear wearer.  Mostly because I ride motorcycles and already have it.  The gear is well suited for falling on pavement at speed, and full face helmet is nice to have face protection in event of a face plant too vs a bicycle or skating helmet.

Probably the biggest gap protection wise, would be wrist guards.  Tons of people on here swear by those being the most important piece of all. I know a guy that broke both wrists in a EUC crash soon after learning to ride, so I tend to agree!

(And no, i don't have mine yet.. in the market for some and i still want to ride in the meantime! 😮)

Cheers for comment  ;)

I have ordered mentioned textile trousers and the WRIST GUARDS hahahaaa  ;) as the first thing ;)

I've got solid boots, very similar to motorcycle boots, little bit above the ankle...

I think that we need to protect all the body around, and I do agree, the motorbiker stuff suits well, as we're nearly risking the crash, that's very motorbike crash alike?

Once it's happen, nobody can control the falling, unless we're cats with long tails to direct the fall our way  ;)

Thank you.

12 hours ago, PogArt Artur said:

Hi friends.

I used to be a motorbiker, I love to dress that way, so when I started searching for protection gear for EUC, I ended up searching within motorcycle stuff instead ?!

Fellow biker reporting in. :lol: What's this "used to" business haha, once motorcycling is in your blood you're hooked for life. One of us, one of us ...

Would I go out and buy it specially for the EUC? Not sure. Good quality gear designed for a performance envelope that massively exceeds something an EUC incident is likely to present does give me a sense of safety. But since I have it round house anyway ... why not! Especially when it's chilly outside, and we're heading into the winter now (my first with the EUC). 

Guest PogArt Artur
38 minutes ago, Sidewalk Enforcer said:

Fellow biker reporting in. :lol: What's this "used to" business haha, once motorcycling is in your blood you're hooked for life. One of us, one of us ...

Would I go out and buy it specially for the EUC? Not sure. Good quality gear designed for a performance envelope that massively exceeds something an EUC incident is likely to present does give me a sense of safety. But since I have it round house anyway ... why not! Especially when it's chilly outside, and we're heading into the winter now (my first with the EUC). 

... ;)

"Used to" - because I've crashed Nov 2017  :)

It was soft kiss on the street, but the bike didn't survive,cause repair was not economical...

So I have no bike since then...

The case is in process!

So long!

I have Court appointment this June.

But you're right - the love to motorbikes is in my blood!

I guess that's why I fell in love to EUC?

The way of riding it, the freedom to step on it and goooooo ...

The motorbiker gear ...

Lol ;)

One wheel or two - doesn't matter ;) regarding the enjoyment?

Hahahaaa ;)

Guest PogArt Artur

I'm watching the SLIM FIT JACKET, regarding to mrelwood's words about the CE pads...

Slim fit jacket should do the job.

But I'm considered about the trousers I've chosen!?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173724730347

They aren't slim fit I guess.

Is there anybody who's wearing this type of trousers please?

Are they any good please?

In case they not, I'm thinking of jeans slim fit CE trousers instead...

I haven't ordered them only because I were worry about the rainy conditions, when they will soak in water after I manage to get to work place (6km).

Any advice VERY welcome ;)

That sucks - RE: court etc. Sorry to hear about that.

As for those Cordura pants, probably going to be unbearably warm for anything outside of the 2 deep winter months as they won't breath very well. I do wear my Draggin jeans on the EUC sometimes which have some build in CE knee and hip padding, and the denim lets air flow reasonably well too. Still wouldn't wear the jeans on a warm day though - far too hot.

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, Sidewalk Enforcer said:

That sucks - RE: court etc. Sorry to hear about that.

As for those Cordura pants, probably going to be unbearably warm for anything outside of the 2 deep winter months as they won't breath very well. I do wear my Draggin jeans on the EUC sometimes which have some build in CE knee and hip padding, and the denim lets air flow reasonably well too. Still wouldn't wear the jeans on a warm day though - far too hot.

The car cut me at front up,just when I were about to past him by...

He's made up the fake story, that he was already in my right side,and stationary, and this is me who didn't manage to avoid collision...

Lol ;)

Nobody wanted to be my witness on the street, everybody was saying they didn't see...

So I'm fighting 50/50 at the moment...

No camera records too.

It doesn't look good, but lets hope I'll get any compensation.

Regarding the trousers/gear , I used to be ok wearing leather gear while riding the bike, as you guess my friend, so I don't mind if I get overheated a bit...

All I'm after is to wear full "uniform" at all times, just in case I fall...

Nobody can predict when we fall, it's happening suddenly, so this is my aim, just to be protected all the time...

I'm after jeans trousers too, slim fit obviously...

Thank you for sharing :)

Archived